4] Georgia 72, 7-0 beat Arkansas 23-20
    5] Alabama 60, 7-0, beat Tennessee 6-3
    6] Miami (Fla) 59, 5-1 vs Georgia Tech PPD
    7] Notre Dame 40, 5-2, beat BYU 49-23
    8] LSU 39, 5-1, beat Auburn 20-17 OT
    9] Penn State 13, 7-1 beat Illinios 63-10
    9] Florida State 13, 6-1 beat Duke 55-24

Others receiving votes: UCLA 12; Ohio State 2

Deadline for votes is Tuesday at Noon CDT.

With everyone that got votes last week winning this could be a boring week for discussion...my list is the same as last week:

Southern Cal
    Texas
    Virginia Tech
    Georgia
    Alabama
    Miami (Fla)
    LSU
    Florida State
    Notre Dame
    UCLA

Comment

Here's mine:

Southern Cal
      Texas
      Reggie Bush
      Virginia Tech
      Georgia
      Alabama
      Miami (Fla)
      LSU
      Florida State
      Notre Dame
      UCLA
      Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

1. USC. Washington was just what the doctor ordered after a brutal heavyweight match with Notre Dame.

2. Texas. Exposed an overrated Texas Tech team. The test for the Longhorns will be to not become bored by the remainder of their schedule.

3. VPI. Marcus Vick is establishing his own identity, and his continued good play bodes well for the Hokies to run the table. The Miami game is a can't miss cfb game.

4. Miami. I'd take Miami over any SEC team right now.

5. Notre Dame. I look at the Irish this way. If they were in the Big 10 this year, they'd win it, and I think the Big 10 is the best conference in football.

6. Penn State. They have made me a believer.

7. Ohio State. They've also made me a believer, and as their offense develops, they become a team you don't want to play. This is another team that I think would beat anybody in the SEC, with the exception of perhaps LSU.

8. LSU. They have the talent to play with any of the teams I've listed above. But they also have this tendency to make big mistakes and allow inferior teams to hang around longer than they should. Against any of the teams above them, that would be fatal.

9. Georgia. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, but only because they are undefeated, because their qb got hurt yesterday, because they have a good coach and a lot of talent. But they have sustained a ton of injuries (they had three defensive starters out yesterday and lost three more during the game) and they have a rested Florida team, Auburn and Ga. Tech coming up. Without Shockley, they could easily lose at least one of those games, and they should have lost two games already. If they don't lose earlier, I think LSU will beat them in the SEC championship game.

10. Florida State. The Noles are here because I think they would beat Alabama, even with the questions surrounding the Noles defense that have arisen the past couple of weeks. The UVA loss to UNC doesn't help, but UVA's got talent and, looking back on that game, the Wahoos simply played out of their skin.
        June 9, 1973 - The day athletic perfection was defined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Kva...eature=related

Comment

Bump for the evening crowd.

Comment

1. USC
            2. Texas
            3. Virginia Tech
            4. Georgia
            5. Alabama
            6. LSU
            7. Miami
            8. Penn State
            9. Florida State
            10. Notre Dame

Comment

QUOTE(dvyyyyyy @ Oct 23 2005, 08:33 AM) Quoted post

Here's mine:

Southern Cal
              Texas
              Reggie Bush
              Virginia Tech
              Georgia
              Alabama
              Miami (Fla)
              LSU
              Florida State
              Notre Dame
              UCLA
              [/b][/quote]

My favorite list.

However, let's make #3 a tie between Reggie Bush and Vince Young.
              Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Texas Tech? Hah!!!!
                Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Here are my top 3:

Texas
                  USC
                  VaTech

Beyond those three there really aren't any teams to worry about in the championship picture.
                  Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law ~

A.C.

Comment

Southern Cal
                    Texas
                    Virginia Tech
                    Alabama
                    Georgia
                    Miami (Fla)
                    LSU
                    Florida State
                    Notre Dame
                    UCLA
                    Official Sponsor: Tyler Hansbrough and the North Carolina Tar Heels

Comment

1. USC
                      2. Texas
                      3. Va Tech
                      4. Georgia
                      5. Alabama
                      6. Miami
                      7. Notre Dame
                      8. Penn State
                      9. Ohio State
                      10. LSU
                      You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

1a) Texas - Home or road, they are just crushing teams.
                        1b) USC - Can we just play the Rose Bowl already?
                        3) Va Tech - Their days here are numbered.
                        4) Alabama - This team went from exciting to Ohio State boring.
                        5) Georgia - Good luck winning without Shockley this weekend.
                        6) Miami - I guess they belong here.
                        7) Notre Dame - Their schedule is weak. Exactly one good team on it this year. I won't hesitate to drop them as the year progresses.
                        8) UCLA - They will be unbeaten going into the Coliseum.
                        9) LSU - You lost two spots for your cheap win.
                        10) Ohio State - [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif[/img] Welcome back TGII

11) Florida State
                        12) Penn State
                        13) Boston College
                        14) Oregon
                        15) Northwestern

Comment

Oh and TBF you are correct, the Big 10 is easily the toughest conference in college football this season, and its pretty much always SEC and Big 10 1a and 1b when it comes to that discussion.

The big 10 from top to bottom is loaded with talent this year, even the traditionally lower tiered teams like Indiana (even though they got destroyed yesterday) and Northwestern have more talent than in past years. Northwestern is having a great season and really have that program headed places. It's crazy to think that (pending Northwestern cracking the top 25 this week) that 9 of the 11 teams will have been in the top 25 this season, 5 of which have made appearances in the top 10. This conference is so good its ridiculous. I was very down after both the Texas and PSU games, but if Ohio State can complete their schedule with 2 losses and at least a piece of the Big 10 title, they had a great season. An outright Big 10 title would simply be awesome.
                          You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

QUOTE(sherwood koho @ Oct 23 2005, 08:27 PM) Quoted post

7) Notre Dame - Their schedule is weak. Exactly one good team on it this year. I won't hesitate to drop them as the year progresses.
                            10) Ohio State - [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif[/img] Welcome back TGII

11) Florida State
                            12) Penn State
                            13) Boston College
                            14) Oregon
                            15) Northwestern
                            [/b][/quote]
                            How do you put Ohio State in front of Penn State?

Comment

QUOTE(GloveSaveandaBeauty @ Oct 23 2005, 10:31 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(sherwood koho @ Oct 23 2005, 08:27 PM) Quoted post

11) Florida State
                              12) Penn State
                              13) Boston College
                              14) Oregon
                              15) Northwestern
                              [/b][/quote]
                              How do you put Ohio State in front of Penn State?
                              [/b][/quote]

How would one put Miami in front of Florida State?

It's the same concept.

Over the course of the season, teams change...for better or worse.

Comment

Working...
                              X