• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting QB still a mystery in ARZ

Green seeks edge with QB secrecy

Odeen Domingo
    The Arizona Republic
    Oct. 22, 2005 12:00 AM

The Cardinals cut the media's time to view Friday's practice in half, to 15 minutes, to conceal which quarterback is starting Sunday's game against the Titans at Sun Devil Stadium.

Either Josh McCown or Kurt Warner handled first-team snaps during practice, but only the team knows. The Cardinals are still not saying.

The game's lineup cards, which will be handed around the press box Sunday, list McCown as the starter, but those cards are printed early in the week and there is always an announcement on lineup changes before the game begins. advertisement

Coach Dennis Green has said he doesn't want to give the Titans an advantage by letting them know who is starting; Titans coach Jeff Fisher said it doesn't really matter.

"We do know they are (both) completing about 62 percent of their passes and they're putting up a lot of passing yards, whoever is playing," Fisher said. "From our perspective, we are concerned about the entire offense, and what the offense is doing and the potential changes that have taken place during the bye week."
    Dude. Can. Fly.

I'm a little bit surprised that they haven't tried to get Philip Rivers from SD. Maybe they have and Bidwell is still just to tight to give them what they want for him. With AJ Feeley going to the Chargers, it only figures that Rivers will be dealt soon. Arizona is one of the teams that definitely may be able to use him.

Comment

KW on the bench to start ...
      Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Rumor on the pre-game shows was that Denny wants to trade for Daunte...

FWIW...
        " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

QUOTE(_STLfan_in_DFW @ Oct 23 2005, 04:43 PM) Quoted post

Rumor on the pre-game shows was that Denny wants to trade for Daunte...

FWIW...
          [/b][/quote]
          Since Daunte wasn't on that boat in MN (and haven't read anything to dispute that yet), then I can easily see him asking for a trade....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
          Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
          -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Working...
          X