No announcement yet.

Mizzou Football Bandwagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won't comment till nick comments on this game...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 22 2005, 11:29 PM) Quoted post

I won't comment till nick comments on this game...
      [/b][/quote]

Think how many points Mizzou would have scored if Brad Smith was playing wideout!
      Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

I watched a pretty good chunk of this game (I was flipping over to Michigan - Iowa, also a good game). Smith looked damned impressive against what is a pretty good Nebraska defense. But I wonder how much of that was how they schemed him. When Daniels was in, they sent the house every damn time and nearly killed the poor kid. When Smith was in, they sat back to "contain" him and he just shredded them. It also didn't hurt that Missouri's average defensive line went up against what looked like the worst offensive line (other than KU's) in the North. I was stunned that a change wasn't made on the right tackle when he got beat six or seven consecutive times.

Now...MU v. CU. You guys, I think, are going to get killed. I haven't read about last night's KU game, but the KU defense is the real deal. Maybe they had a lot of turnovers or just had a bad game, but if CU hung that many points on them, then I think MU fans should be concerned.

Now...MU v. KU. No way we win that game. Our offense is beyond pathetic. Think bad high school football pathetic.
        On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?

Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

Comment

QUOTE(TTB @ Oct 22 2005, 04:28 PM) Quoted post

5-2 now.

3 wins in a row. Brad Smith puts on a clinic vs the vaunted 'Black Shirt' defense.

Offense looking very strong.

Defense still vulnerable but forcing TOs and improving.

Special teams make me nervous.

There isn't a non-winnable game on the horizon due to the poor Big 12 North.

Dare we jump on the bandwagon and get our hopes up again or is doom and disappointment around the corner?
          [/b][/quote]

Well, this bandwagon sure beats the hell out of "Woody's Wagon" doesn't it?

Now, let's not blow it in Lawrence next week....Last years game in Columbia still stings. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

They blitzed Smith plenty, he just was able to handle it better. I remember at least 2 tosses to Will Franklin in the slot on some bring everyone blitzes that resulted in first downs for Mizzou.

BTW, Will Franklin is excellent.

As for KU, as JD has said, they seem to bring out the worst in Mizzou. But if their offense is as bad as you say, Mizzou should be able to stay close so we will see.

With CU looming, this is a must-win.
            Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Big Twelve North Division
              Colorado 3-1 5-2
              Missouri 3-1 5-2
              Nebraska 2-2 5-2
              Iowa State 1-3 4-3
              Kansas State 1-3 4-3
              Kansas 0-4 3-4
              Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

P-D game story

Burwell column
                Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

QUOTE(Damtoft @ Oct 22 2005, 04:36 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(F the Cubs @ Oct 22 2005, 04:05 PM) Quoted post

At Colorado is going to be tough. Not sure we can win that one. This team is capable of good things though.
                  [/b][/quote]

Knowing this program, it's likely no better than 2-2 the rest of the way.

1-3 is more likely.
                  [/b][/quote]

JD...you're clearly not jumping the bandwagon

That's probably the good bet though
                  [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
                  Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

QUOTE(_STLfan_in_DFW @ Oct 22 2005, 06:57 PM) Quoted post

Has the Nebraska suicide rate risen dramatically since St. Tom left?

'Husker football has defined Nebraska since the inception of time...

Suddenly, Frank Solich may not look as bad...

Where have you gone [insert Mike Rozier, Tommie Frazier, Eric Crouch]...
                    [/b][/quote]

Shhhhh

We don't want them to find out Callahan isn't that great
                    Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

QUOTE(Easy Ed @ Oct 23 2005, 08:44 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(TTB @ Oct 22 2005, 04:28 PM) Quoted post

5-2 now.

3 wins in a row. Brad Smith puts on a clinic vs the vaunted 'Black Shirt' defense.

Offense looking very strong.

Defense still vulnerable but forcing TOs and improving.

Special teams make me nervous.

There isn't a non-winnable game on the horizon due to the poor Big 12 North.

Dare we jump on the bandwagon and get our hopes up again or is doom and disappointment around the corner?
                      [/b][/quote]

Well, this bandwagon sure beats the hell out of "Woody's Wagon" doesn't it?

Now, let's not blow it in Lawrence next week....Last years game in Columbia still stings. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]
                      [/b][/quote]

No shit. A loss to KU always ruins the entire fucking season.

Doesn't really matter who else they may have beaten

They always beat KU when it doesn't really matter

Beating KU and Baylor means 7-4 and a bowl....I'd take that.
                      Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Didn't want to start a thread and figured this was the place.

Has anybody heard the rumors going around Columbia about:

1. Quin screwing Paige?

2. Quin is allegedly undergoing discreet treatment for a cocaine problem.

Sounds like hillbilly gossip, but stranger things have happened. My source is a sound one (usually).
                        But wait. There is something that can be done afterall. My good friend Angelo is a cop in the Tampa/Clearwater area. Since I kept all of the files from the access logs when I had the power to see them, guess what, I have everyone's IP addresses. Hmm..what can I do w/ those??

Comment

QUOTE(Fred Garvin @ Oct 23 2005, 01:11 PM) Quoted post

Didn't want to start a thread and figured this was the place.

Has anybody heard the rumors going around Columbia about:

1. Quin screwing Paige?

2. Quin is allegedly undergoing discreet treatment for a cocaine problem.

Sounds like hillbilly gossip, but stranger things have happened. My source is a sound one (usually).
                          [/b][/quote]

Oh sure...go ruin a perfeftly good football thread by mentioning the anti-Christ of Mizzou basketball

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
                          Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

QUOTE(TTB @ Oct 23 2005, 02:18 PM) Quoted post

Oh sure...go ruin a perfeftly good football thread by mentioning the anti-Christ of Mizzou basketball

[/b][/quote]

C'mon man, this thread was dying.
                            But wait. There is something that can be done afterall. My good friend Angelo is a cop in the Tampa/Clearwater area. Since I kept all of the files from the access logs when I had the power to see them, guess what, I have everyone's IP addresses. Hmm..what can I do w/ those??

Comment

QUOTE(Fred Garvin @ Oct 23 2005, 01:31 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(TTB @ Oct 23 2005, 02:18 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

C'mon man, this thread was dying.
                              [/b][/quote]

True...but seeing the one who must be named in print....too depressing

Apparently, Quinn is not only fucking over his team and the fans but trying to peg every orifice in sight
                              Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

QUOTE(dvyyyyyy @ Oct 23 2005, 08:48 AM) Quoted post

Big Twelve North Division
                                Colorado 3-1 5-2
                                Missouri 3-1 5-2
                                Nebraska 2-2 5-2
                                Iowa State 1-3 4-3
                                Kansas State 1-3 4-3
                                Kansas 0-4 3-4

[/b][/quote]

That division is worse than the National League West.
                                And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Working...
                                X