Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: 10/22 Wild @ Blues

Wild-Blues Preview

GAME: Minnesota Wild (4-2-1) at St. Louis Blues (2-4-1).
    TIME: Saturday, 8:00 p.m. EDT.

The Minnesota Wild have long been known as a team built on defense. Now they will try to build off a record-setting offensive outburst.

The Wild look for a season-high third straight win Saturday night when they meet the St. Louis Blues at the Savvis Center.

Minnesota tallied a record five goals in the third period of its 6-1 win Wednesday night over the San Jose Sharks. The Wild got goals from five different players in the period, including a shorthanded unassisted marker from Marc Chouinard who leads the team with five goals.

Chouinard had just 11 goals in 45 games with the Wild in 2003.

Minnesota has averaged five goals per game at home this season, but its offense on the road has failed to click this season. The Wild have managed just two goals in two road losses this season.

The return of right wing Marian Gaborik may help Minnesota's offense. He had two assists in the win over the Sharks after missing all of training camp and the first seven games of the regular season with a groin injury.

Gaborik, the all-time leading scorer for the Wild, has four goals and six assists in 15 games versus St. Louis.
    The Blues have been blanked in its last 121 minutes, 37 seconds against the Wild. At home, though, St. Louis is unbeaten in last four games against Minnesota, going 1-0-3.

St. Louis is coming off a 3-2 in a shootout loss Thursday night to the Nashville Predators. Dean McAmmond scored his team-high fourth goal for the Blues.

Wing Jamal Mayers had an assist in the loss. He has three goals and two assists during a four-game points streak for the Blues.

The Blues will be without Keith Tkachuk, who was placed on the injured list Thursday after being hit in the stomach with the butt end of a stick the previous Saturday. He is not expected to return to the lineup until St. Louis' game Tuesday night against the Phoenix Coyotes.

STANDINGS (through Oct. 20): Wild - 9 points, 2nd place, 4 PB, Northwest Division. Blues - 5 points, 3rd place, 7 PB, Central Division.

TEAM LEADERS: Wild - Chouinard, 5 goals; Todd White, 7 assists and 9 points; Derek Boogaard, 19 PIM. Blues - Dean McAmmond, 4 goals; Petr Cajanek, 7 assists and 8 points; Christian Backman, 12 PIM.

SPECIAL TEAMS (through Oct. 20): Wild - Power play: 31.3 percent (10 for 32), 1st in NHL. Penalty killing: 95.6 percent (43 for 45), 1st. Blues - Power play: 19.6 percent (9 for 46), 9th. Penalty killing: 86.0 percent (37 for 43), 10th (tied).

GOALTENDERS: Wild - Dwayne Roloson (2-2-0, 1 SO, 2.27 GAA); Manny Fernandez (2-0-0, 0, 1.31). Blues - Patrick Lalime (2-4-0, 0, 3.50); Reinhard Divis (0-0-0, 0, 2.22).
    2003-04 SEASON SERIES: Wild, 2-0-2.

LAST MEETING: April 4, 2004. Blues, 3-0. At St. Paul, Minn., Stephane Veilleux scored a goal and assist to lead the Wild to the home win.

ROAD/HOME RECORDS: Wild - 0-1-1 on the road; Blues - 2-3-0 at home.[/b][/quote]

(I turned down tickets to this game [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] )

Only home game before the 3-game roadie... Need to take advantage of the Wild's penalty kill, and keep our guys out of the box (unless there is blood squirting obviously!) [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

GO BLUES!
    Feb. 08, 2005
    Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
    Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
    Originally posted by Airshark
    NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

QUOTE(Nsane2Bme @ Oct 22 2005, 08:40 AM) Quoted post

The Blues will be without Keith Tkachuk, who was placed on the injured list Thursday after being hit in the stomach with the butt end of a stick the previous Saturday. He is not expected to return to the lineup until St. Louis' game Tuesday night against the Phoenix Coyotes.
    [/b][/quote]
    What this doesn't mention is that it was the butt end of his own stick - he somehow managed to spear himself. They were talking about it on the broadcast last game. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

Comment

This is what I really missed about hockey. Especially
      on Sat. night. A little well rounded out day of college
      action. Then drop the puck at night. Old school in the
      house [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE(JMolina @ Oct 22 2005, 08:45 AM) Quoted post

This is what I really missed about hockey. Especially
        on Sat. night. A little well rounded out day of college
        action. Then drop the puck at night. Old school in the
        house [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
        [/b][/quote]

Center Ice kicks ass after Jan (well it used too). Hockey games would start at 12, 3, 6, & 9. I need to check the schedule to see if it will work out like that again this year. My dad hates visiting me from Feb - April cause every Sat. is non-stop hockey.
        Feb. 08, 2005
        Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
        Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
        Originally posted by Airshark
        NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

Flyers vs Leaves tonight.

Darcy Tucker sucks moose cock.
          Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

Sharks v Preds tonight. The Fish have been playing L-O-U-S-Y the last two games, and Nabby is probably injured for this one. Nashville is undefeated. Hmm, now would be a very good time to get your fins in gear, Sharks...

Comment

About a month ago, I said I wasn't convinced Nashville was going to be that good. I know it's still very early in the season, but I've been impressed with Nashville so far.
              RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
              You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

QUOTE(bcruise @ Oct 22 2005, 09:43 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Nsane2Bme @ Oct 22 2005, 08:40 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                What this doesn't mention is that it was the butt end of his own stick - he somehow managed to spear himself. They were talking about it on the broadcast last game. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
                [/b][/quote]
                Actually... he butt ended himself... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
                Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

QUOTE(JWB @ Oct 22 2005, 11:41 AM) Quoted post

About a month ago, I said I wasn't convinced Nashville was going to be that good. I know it's still very early in the season, but I've been impressed with Nashville so far.
                  [/b][/quote]

I too made the mistake of expecting them to be middle-of-the-pack. They're clearly one of the better teams in the league, and their good speed works well with Vokoun, who kinda expects to have a very "loose" defense in front of him (this was a liability back in the NHL 1.0 days). Teams that relied on clogging defenses and excellent goaltending need to readjust at least.

The Sharks aren't getting the goaltending they did at the end of last season. That, and some PP practice time might fix their problems. Nabby was lousy at the beginning of last season too - but I sure hope we don't have to dig out of a big hole.

Comment

LET'S GO BLUES!!!

At the very least, they should whoop up on the Wild to exact revenge for the Sharks' embarrassing 6-1 loss up there earlier in this week...

No Tkachuk still - it's gonna be tough to score goals in this one:

Blues 2 (Brewer, Drake)
                    Wild 1 (Gaborik)

Fights: Mayers vs. Walz
                    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
                    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
                    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
                    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

Fuck the new NHL. Downey and Boogaard were ready to go, but the linesman grabbed onto Boogaard before anything could start...

Weak. Thanks a lot, Bettman, you fuck [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]

No score, about halfway through the first...

Comment

Kerry "fucking" Frasier is one of the refs. WHHHHEEEEEEEEEE!!
                        Sponsor of:
                        Brian Elliott
                        Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
                        5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Lalime with a BIIIIIG save on a 2-on-1...and he's hurt [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

Comment

uh uh...La-lame is hurt!
                            Sponsor of:
                            Brian Elliott
                            Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
                            5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

QUOTE(Guppy @ Oct 22 2005, 05:30 PM) Quoted post

uh uh...La-lame is hurt!
                              [/b][/quote]
                              Lalime, assbasket [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

And he's okay...phew...

Comment

Working...
                              X