Mark Mulder's Attitude?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Mulder's Attitude?

Game 6 loser Mark Mulder wore a T-shirt with the inscription "Whatever," which describes perfectly his baseball philosophy, as he explained.

"If I have a bad outing or even a good one, it's over with, it's done with good or bad, and move on," Mulder said. "You can't sit here and dwell on it and worry about it and get frustrated about it. You move on to next year and get yourself more prepared."[/b][/quote]

Yeah, that's the kind of mentality that will win you important games.

I would honestly be happy if they traded him for more of a bulldog (ala Carpenter) personality, even if that guy isn't as talented.
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

I would guess that he and Edmonds room on the road.

It would have been one thing if he came out and got shelled in the first inning.

His stuff was electric for six straight outs, and then he lost his composure.

I don't have confidence in his mental toughness.

Comment

Not a very good attitude.
      Official Lounge Sponsor of:
      Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Comment

QUOTE(lasvegasreb @ Oct 21 2005, 09:55 PM) Quoted post

Game 6 loser Mark Mulder wore a T-shirt with the inscription "Whatever," which describes perfectly his baseball philosophy, as he explained.

"If I have a bad outing or even a good one, it's over with, it's done with good or bad, and move on," Mulder said. "You can't sit here and dwell on it and worry about it and get frustrated about it. You move on to next year and get yourself more prepared."[/b][/quote]

Yeah, that's the kind of mentality that will win you important games.

I would honestly be happy if they traded him for more of a bulldog (ala Carpenter) personality, even if that guy isn't as talented.
        [/b][/quote]

Whatever. Time to move on. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
        *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

I see nothing wrong with it.
          I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

whatever
            Sponsor of:
            Brian Elliott
            Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
            5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

You would not be good in the majors if you were not a serious competitor!

Comment

So?

You win, you lose, you go home.

The people who worship the uniform freak.
                Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law ~

A.C.

Comment

I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

QUOTE(davhaf @ Oct 21 2005, 09:59 PM) Quoted post

I see nothing wrong with it.
                    [/b][/quote]

++

I'm hard-nosed and as big of a competitor as you will find...

I don't convey that in my personality, though...

When I came to Dallas from STL, and worked in the same group for the first year...after that first year, a couple of the folks (including my manager) came clean and indicated that they were a little concerned initially...they thought I was too laid back, at first glance...BUT...they also said that they were glad they gave me some rope...because they had never seen someone so laid back and worry-free on the surface...who busted balls and got shit done under pressure...

No one will convince me that Mulder isn't the same...you can be an intense competitor...and have drive and motivation...without sweating...and without throwing water coolers and beating the hell out of dugout phones...
                    " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

Do you want a guy to agonize over a bad outing to the point of Donnie Moore?

We all have our great and bad days. IMO, we should cherish the good and learn from the bad. It's not a good thing to dwell on either one.
                      Make America Great For Once.

Comment

0-3 in the postseason

And this was the guy that was supposed to be the "ace" of this staff ?

Yeah. Whatever.

Comment

QUOTE(GreatestShow99 @ Oct 21 2005, 10:24 PM) Quoted post
                          0-3 in the postseason

Yeah. Whatever. [/b][/quote]
                          In deciding games.

Comment

QUOTE(pgrote @ Oct 21 2005, 10:25 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(GreatestShow99 @ Oct 21 2005, 10:24 PM) Quoted post
                            0-3 in the postseason

Yeah. Whatever. [/b][/quote]
                            In deciding games.
                            [/b][/quote]

Still sucks.

Comment

About what ? Mulder has shown this season that he doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to show up in big games, as was the case in Oakland. Billy Beane knew what he was doing.

Comment

Working...
                              X