Deadly bacteria detected in US capital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadly bacteria detected in US capital

A deadly bacteria listed among bioterrorism agents was detected in the US capital last month during a mass protest against the Iraq war, a top health official said.

I can't find another thread on this. Why hasn't this been in the news more? I was tipped off by the local Fox news broadcast tonight.
    "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Didn't they figure it was naturally occurring?

Old news, in any event.
    Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

Tularemia, which is caused by the bacterium francisella tularensis, can occur naturally and is usually found in animals, especially rodents, rabbits and hares, according to federal health officials.[/b][/quote]

Comment

Here's where I read it:
        http://www.commondreams.org/headlines05/1002-01.htm

October 2nd.

Check Common Dreams more often, nothing gets by them [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I let a nuclear dump in the capital about 10 years ago. Could be leaking now.
          Sponsor of:
          Brian Elliott
          Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
          5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Charles Jaco (not a big fan of him myself) claims to have questioned multiple "scientists" from various places. And they don't believe it was natural.

I'm not saying I buy that, but I figured someone here would be a bit more skeptical of the Bush government saying it was natural.

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

QUOTE(phantom @ Oct 21 2005, 07:53 PM) Quoted post

Charles Jaco (not a big fan of him myself) claims to have questioned multiple "scientists" from various places. And they don't believe it was natural.

I'm not saying I buy that, but I figured someone here would be a bit more skeptical of the Bush government saying it was natural.
              [/b][/quote]

Well if it was an attack then the US government did a damn good job of preventing injury and death and I applaud their efforts as well as their modesty.

Comment

What's with all of this level-headedness. I must be on a forum in a parallel universe. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE(phantom @ Oct 21 2005, 09:38 PM) Quoted post

A deadly bacteria listed among bioterrorism agents was detected in the US capital last month during a mass protest against the Iraq war, a top health official said.

I can't find another thread on this. Why hasn't this been in the news more? I was tipped off by the local Fox news broadcast tonight.
                  [/b][/quote]

Heptatits must have showed up.

Comment

If I'm a terrorist wanted to make a political statement against the United States, the timing, and the target (if the protestors were indeed the target), seems piss poor.

Comment

QUOTE(dredbyrd @ Oct 21 2005, 08:43 PM) Quoted post
                      Didn't they figure it was naturally occurring?

Old news, in any event. [/b][/quote]
                      ++

Comment

They've been 'moe docked'...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                        Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                        -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 22 2005, 01:25 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                          Originally posted by Our Favorite Psycho
                          I get suspended for speaking my mind.. Oh my... Fuck 007 and Madyaks.. They are nothing but assholes as well as Glovey.. Jebus.. Not to mention dvyyyyyyyyyyy..., Whoooooo... I am impressed.. He's a little cocksucker... Sorry.. He always has been.. I can't wait to meet the dude.. He tells me he is going kick the shit out of me.. We shall see... I have a feeling I will moe dock the dude.. He's a lefty and short.. I'll knock him up this side of Sunday.. LOL He started it tho.. So don't be pissed at me.. ok? Fucking Sean, 007, did the same.. Same with glovey... This was bullshit... They can say what they want but I get suspended???
                          Peace

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/roll2.gif[/img]
                          Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                          "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

QUOTE(Ohio Blues @ Oct 22 2005, 12:38 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 22 2005, 01:25 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                            Originally posted by Our Favorite Psycho
                            I get suspended for speaking my mind.. Oh my... Fuck 007 and Madyaks.. They are nothing but assholes as well as Glovey.. Jebus.. Not to mention dvyyyyyyyyyyy..., Whoooooo... I am impressed.. He's a little cocksucker... Sorry.. He always has been.. I can't wait to meet the dude.. He tells me he is going kick the shit out of me.. We shall see... I have a feeling I will moe dock the dude.. He's a lefty and short.. I'll knock him up this side of Sunday.. LOL He started it tho.. So don't be pissed at me.. ok? Fucking Sean, 007, did the same.. Same with glovey... This was bullshit... They can say what they want but I get suspended???
                            Peace

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/roll2.gif[/img]
                            [/b][/quote]
                            ho.....hum

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                            Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                            -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

QUOTE(The Skeptic @ Oct 21 2005, 10:41 PM) Quoted post

If I'm a terrorist wanted to make a political statement against the United States, the timing, and the target (if the protestors were indeed the target), seems piss poor.
                              [/b][/quote]

++

Comment

Working...
                              X