Anyone catch Ghost Hunters this week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone catch Ghost Hunters this week?

Guilty pleasure confession time: if I come home from work, TiVO invariably has this show saved for me, and I feel compelled to watch. It's a fairly goofy show, but I do appreciate their stated approach of skepticism before belief in the paranormal. Over the two seasons of the show, they've done more debunking than believing, and that's to their credit.

Ok. This week's show, they're in Eureka Springs, Arkansas at the hotel and spa there, allegedly one of the most haunted hotels in the country. The hotel has a checkered past, including being a spa for desperately ill and dying people at the turn of the century...and then a sad chapter during the 1930's when a con-artist set it up as a hospital for cancer patients, many of whom died and were autopsied and had their remains destroyed in the morgue in the basement of the hotel.

Creepy, huh?

Ok. The standard of operation here is that the Ghost Hunters (who by day are Roto Rooter plumbers from Rhode Island) show up, set up all kinds of motion-sensitive and temperature sensitive cameras and thermometers, and then patrol a "haunted" site with Electro-magnetic sensors, looking for "spikes" in EMF readings. They also have a FLIR thermagraph IR camera they take around with them. They also go into areas with recorders trying to capture any EVP or sound anomalies, and also will just take digital cameras into an "active" room or small area and begin frantically snapping photos in an effort to capture something.

Most of the time, they come up with "sorry, we saw no evidence of your home being haunted."

Not so much this week.

The two lead investigators, Grant and Jason are walking around with the thermagraph camera and they enter the morgue area in the basement of the hotel. There's a locker in the morgue, with a numeral "2" painted on it, in the middle third of the locker. Here's a screen cap of what they got on the thermagraph--but this vidcap doesn't do seeing it in motion a lot of justice:

Seeing it in motion, a couple of things: The image depicted seems to move, very subtlely, as if watching the two guys. The number 2 that glows bright red? Yeah, later on they could not only NOT duplicate the image (they tried again and again to put the image they got down as a mere "reflection" off the rough paint on the locker, to no avail) but they also couldn't get the "2" to go red again like that in the thermagraph.

I'm still a total skeptic, but I love shit like this--especially this time of year.

Torrents of the show in question are hitting the usual sites right aboot now.
    I like cheese.

I like watching shows like that too. But last night I watched one about cannibals, neandertal ones on up to us and they explored all the different reasons a people or a person would do that.

it was really cool.

But this time of year is great for all the ghosty shows. I lock my basement door before I watch them though.
    Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

I watch that show sometimes.
      RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
      You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

I saw it.

Crazy stuff.
        Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

the ones that deal with Jefferson Barracks here are cool too.

Comment

I haven't seen this show, but I dig this stuff. I need to start Tivoing them.

Comment

QUOTE(cardinalgirl @ Oct 21 2005, 02:22 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

They did a show at Jeff. Barracks?

Comment

What station?
                If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

QUOTE(Turd Ferguson @ Oct 21 2005, 02:29 PM) Quoted post

What station?
                  [/b][/quote]

SciFi Channel

Comment

QUOTE(JWB @ Oct 21 2005, 02:29 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(cardinalgirl @ Oct 21 2005, 02:22 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

They did a show at Jeff. Barracks?
                    [/b][/quote]
                    don't remember the name of the show, but yes, I just saw a recent one about a month ago. I got scared. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

This footage was taken at Eastern State Penitentiary here in Philly during season one of Ghost Hunters. Spooky.

http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society...video/ESPhq.wmv
                      Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

QUOTE(CSD @ Oct 21 2005, 02:35 PM) Quoted post

This footage was taken at Eastern State Penitentiary here in Philly during season one of Ghost Hunters. Spooky.

http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society...video/ESPhq.wmv
                        [/b][/quote]

I saw that when it premiered.

Definitely weird.

Comment

Ok. Ready to get creeped out?

Here's the movie, in slow-mo, of what Grant and Jason shot on their thermal-imaging FLIR camera:

http://homepage.mac.com/stevesherrick/ghos...eTheater54.html

Kinda creepy huh? But maybe it's Grant's reflection (okay, I've got about 17 reasons why it can't be, but that's for later on...) So...let's blue-filter that footage and look again. Turn some lights on!

http://homepage.mac.com/stevesherrick/ghos...eTheater56.html

Uh-huh. Yeah, me too. I don't believe this stuff, although it is fascinating...but unless these fellas have cooked up an elaborate hoax, this is *something* right?
                          I like cheese.

Comment

Hmmm.

Watching it over and over again in slo-mo?

Yeah. It's definitely Grant's reflection. Never mind!
                            I like cheese.

Comment

Anyone ever watch Most Haunted? It is on the Travel Channel. I really like the show. THey have a 4 part episode coming up next weekend. The finale on Monday is going to be live.

If you like Ghost Hunters, check this one out. Good show.

Comment

Working...
                              X