Cellular Companies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cellular Companies

I know it's been discussed 100x over, but i'm fucking lazy.

I hate Cingular. I was with ATT before the merger and had outstanding service, but since the merger things have gone downhill. Now, neither my wife nor I can make it through a 10 minute call without getting cut off, and the phone still showing 4 bars!

So, I say Fuck You, Joebu. I'll pay them the shit ass $100 early term fee or whatever and switch.

Is US Cellular any good? Sprint? Is it better these days?

TIA

Gonzo, what kind of phone do you have? The company I work for supplies phones to Cingular and there was a call drop issue with some of the software. I was having the same problem, got a different phone and now everything is fine (I also use Cingular).

Comment

Gonzo - check out tmobile.

Comment

I agree with ya Gonz, Cingular sucks. I am just about done with my current contract and will probably switch to something. What I am not sure. Thanks for the thread
        Sponsor of:
        Brian Elliott
        Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
        5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

I can't make a phone call from my house w/ my Verizon phone...thankfully, my contract is up in January...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
          Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
          -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Sprint PCS works fine for me - have no problems with it whatsoever...
            OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
            OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
            OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
            OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

Are you a Joan Cusack fan?
              If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Official Lounge Sponsor of Cardinals Stirrups

Comment

I have a few reception issues with Verizon too. Calls drop in my house so I'm either sitting by a window or pacing up and down the sidewalk to get/make calls.

I get great reception in my deer stand in BFE though... what the f's up with that??

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

Sprint PCS (or Sprint/Nextel or whatever the hell it is now) works well for me - I live in West County. I had heard good things about Cingular before - maybe not so much now!
                    I leave for two days...

Comment

Hands down. Tmobile is the best in every which way. At least my experience. NEVER get dropped from a call. And I mean never. No roaming bullshit. No hidden charges... outside of the normal taxes. Excellent customer service. And when I signed up with them two years ago, they had the best "package."

Originally, for $39.99, I got 600 normal time and Free nights and weekends, which start at 9, and a free phone.

Reupped my contractg last year. Same price. Stays locked in. Got another free phone and an extra 50 free minutes a month for being a loyal customer.

This year, again same price, they bumped me to 1000 minutes, free nights and weekend, and they gave me an amazing deal on one of those new Razor phones. I got if for, when it was all said and done, a little over $100.
                      Official Sponsor of all things Mizzou Football, the non-existant Jose Oquendo STOP sign, and the Rally Hoosier!

Comment

Guppy and Gonzo - check out tmobile. I used to have their sidekick and never had problems. Coverage in the midwest is great and service is just top notch. I have had sidekick fail on me and i get them replaced in 2 to 3 days (as long as they are under warranty which is usually 1 year for sidekicks).

I had to cancel it cuz they do not cover Vermont at all and I still miss it. The day they move in Vermont, I'm on it asap.

My wife has a blackberry through sprint - it is okay not great. Tmobile still better in so many ways.

check it out - you won't be disappointed.

Comment

If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

QUOTE(Blues Fan in SF @ Oct 21 2005, 01:12 PM) Quoted post

Sprint PCS works fine for me - have no problems with it whatsoever...
                            [/b][/quote]

++ - I love my Sprint plan. I've had no billing problems, and their customer service has improved by leaps and bounds of late. The few times I've had to call, I've not been on hold for more than a minute or so, if at all. Coverage is fine, and pretty much any mobile or WAP service (ringtones or games downloads, text messaging, etc) work with them. If you buy from a Sprint store, you can use the phone as soon as you walk out the door - there are no wait times after setting up a new plan. I get a very good plan from them, but I've got some perks b/c I've been with them since '97. They take care of their long-term customers.

US Cellular seems to have good prices, but I know nothing about their coverage or customer service. I know that they're not supported by a lot of on-line mobile stuff (Yahoo and MSN text alerts, some ringtone or mobile games sites, etc), so if that's a priority for you, they may not be your best choice. I believe SteveI's got a US Cellular phone - check with him.

-RBB

Comment

QUOTE(house77 @ Oct 21 2005, 12:17 PM) Quoted post

Hands down. Tmobile is the best in every which way. At least my experience. NEVER get dropped from a call. And I mean never. No roaming bullshit. No hidden charges... outside of the normal taxes. Excellent customer service. And when I signed up with them two years ago, they had the best "package."

Originally, for $39.99, I got 600 normal time and Free nights and weekends, which start at 9, and a free phone.

Reupped my contractg last year. Same price. Stays locked in. Got another free phone and an extra 50 free minutes a month for being a loyal customer.

This year, again same price, they bumped me to 1000 minutes, free nights and weekend, and they gave me an amazing deal on one of those new Razor phones. I got if for, when it was all said and done, a little over $100.
                              [/b][/quote]

Don't listen to him, he works for T-Mobile.
                              You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

Working...
                              X