X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewers excerise $8.5m option on Lee

Brewers exercise $8.5 million option on All-Star Lee
    Associated Press

MILWAUKEE -- The Milwaukee Brewers exercised their club option on All-Star slugger Carlos Lee for next season Thursday.

Lee, who will make $8.5 million, hit .265 last season with career highs of 32 home runs and 114 RBI.

"This was not a difficult decision for us to make," general manager Doug Melvin said. "Carlos filled our greatest need last year by excelling in production from the middle of our order."

The Brewers acquired Lee from the Chicago White Sox in 2004 for outfielder Scott Podsednik, pitcher Luis Vizcaino and a minor league player.

If Milwaukee had declined the option, Lee would have received a $500,000 buyout. [/b][/quote]

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Brewers are going to be very interesting to watch next year.
    The noise was good, but I thought they phoned in a lot of the funk.

Co-Sponsor of Yadi Molina, possessor of the best waxed eyebrows in the league.

Sponsor of steveInebriated and fetcher of cold beer.

Comment

That's a no-fuckin-brainer right there.

Guess it worked out OK for the White Sox, what with them winning their first pennant in 46 years and all, but trading Lee for Scott Podsednik is still mystifying.
      Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

QUOTE(kah @ Oct 21 2005, 12:09 AM) Quoted post

Guess it worked out OK for the White Sox, what with them winning their first pennant in 46 years and all, but trading Lee for Scott Podsednik is still mystifying.
        [/b][/quote]
        Not really. Podsednik has given them exactly what they needed in the leadoff spot. Jermaine Dye replaced Lee in his spot quite well.
        In Construction

(the move messed it up)

Comment

QUOTE(Brosnan2715 @ Oct 21 2005, 12:12 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
          Not really. Podsednik has given them exactly what they needed in the leadoff spot. Jermaine Dye replaced Lee in his spot quite well.
          [/b][/quote]

No one argues that the White Sox addressed a need.

But did you really have to trade Lee to get a guy who can't get 100 runs hitting leadoff and gets caught stealing 30% of the time?
          From this day forward, I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death.

For more than 20 years I have endeavored-indeed, I have struggled-along with a majority of this Court, to develop procedural & substantive rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor.

I feel morally and intellectually obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed.

The path the Court has chosen lessens us all. I dissent.

Comment

It was a money thing as well.
            Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 20 2005, 11:53 PM) Quoted post

Brewers exercise $8.5 million option on All-Star Lee
              Associated Press

MILWAUKEE -- The Milwaukee Brewers exercised their club option on All-Star slugger Carlos Lee for next season Thursday.

Lee, who will make $8.5 million, hit .265 last season with career highs of 32 home runs and 114 RBI.

"This was not a difficult decision for us to make," general manager Doug Melvin said. "Carlos filled our greatest need last year by excelling in production from the middle of our order."

The Brewers acquired Lee from the Chicago White Sox in 2004 for outfielder Scott Podsednik, pitcher Luis Vizcaino and a minor league player.

If Milwaukee had declined the option, Lee would have received a $500,000 buyout. [/b][/quote]
              [/b][/quote]

Remember us arguing with the morons over at the Box who said the Brewers would trade him or that they wouldn't exercise his option? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
              Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

QUOTE(ppg shg @ Oct 21 2005, 01:27 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Brosnan2715 @ Oct 21 2005, 12:12 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                [/b][/quote]

No one argues that the White Sox addressed a need.

But did you really have to trade Lee to get a guy who can't get 100 runs hitting leadoff and gets caught stealing 30% of the time?
                [/b][/quote]
                He was 54 of 70 (77%) until suffering a groin injury and then going on the DL a few days later. After the injury, we was 5 of 12 (42%) to drop his season numbers.
                Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
                Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
                There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
                "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
                "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

Working...
                X