Ok, just saw this at Bernies...Lance Berkman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, just saw this at Bernies...Lance Berkman

I was actually going to pull for the Astros in the World Series, mainly because of the class that is Craig Biggio and Jeff Bagwell. Then someone that I had no real animosity for in the past had to open his big mouth and make pretty classless comments about our stadium and Albert Pujols and his homer in game 5.

"When asked by Jim Hayes about the last game and the stadium coming down, He stated " I really don't care", Hayes asked about pujols' homer and He said, "I don't remember " Was he suprised about the Cards lack of hitting in this series? " No, We had the pitching""

I didn't mind the pitching comment, actually - but the other 2 comments? Classless. I thought he was better than this and I'm wondering if part of his comment about Pujols' homer was because it robbed him of his hero moment in game 5. And for him to just say "I really don't care" concerning the last game in our stadium when Cardinal fans at home were watching that had emotional ties to the place is just pure bullshit. Way to be a gracious winner you fucking asshole. I hope he blows his knee out again in the first game and the Astros still go on to win with Bagwell getting his ABs.

Official lounge sponsor of new Busch Stadium!

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

and?

Comment

I wasn't rooting for the Astros anyway.
        I hate the way people around here and some of my friends have turned into fucking bandwagon fans when they didn't care a month ago.

White Sox have many Cardinals fans on their team-Mark Buerhle, Cliff Politte, Joe Crede, and some relief pitcher. I know both Buerhle and Politte went to Game 4 of last year's World Series just to root on the Cardinals.
        Go White Sox!
        In Construction

(the move messed it up)

Comment

QUOTE(MsFunkay @ Oct 20 2005, 11:43 PM) Quoted post

and?
          [/b][/quote]
          and have some class. Don't slap the opponent and their fans in the face after you've just beat them. Bags and Biggio would never say anything like that. Particularly when it was our team's media doing the goddamn interview.

Comment

why should he care about busch? he's not from MO, he probably doesn't have the same sentimental memories some of you do. And why should he have to keep answering questions about Pujols' HR when he's off to Chicago? its not like he said "i wish we could take down the stadium ourselves with the fans inside" and "pujols sucks"

Comment

QUOTE(MsFunkay @ Oct 20 2005, 11:57 PM) Quoted post

why should he care about busch? he's not from MO, he probably doesn't have the same sentimental memories some of you do. And why should he have to keep answering questions about Pujols' HR when he's off to Chicago? its not like he said "i wish we could take down the stadium ourselves with the fans inside" and "pujols sucks"
              [/b][/quote]
              Just show a little respect and class, especially in victory.

Its all I ask. He didn't have to get all sentimental. All he had to do is not be an asshole about it.

Just sayin'

Comment

sorry, i don't see it as being classless, i see it as him moving on.

PS. i'm not looking for his quotes, but he has said words about both. he was on TV the other day talking about the st louis fans and how he expected them to be louder than the ones at minutemaid. he said something about pujols' HR exactly what he expects from someone like pujols. these guys are interviewed hundreds of times during these games and if you want to focus on just one thing he says, you're gonna find a lot to be upset about

Comment

QUOTE(MsFunkay @ Oct 21 2005, 12:13 AM) Quoted post

sorry, i don't see it as being classless, i see it as him moving on.

PS. i'm not looking for his quotes, but he has said words about both. he was on TV the other day talking about the st louis fans and how he expected them to be louder than the ones at minutemaid. he said something about pujols' HR exactly what he expects from someone like pujols. these guys are interviewed hundreds of times during these games and if you want to focus on just one thing he says, you're gonna find a lot to be upset about
                  [/b][/quote]
                  Sorry, I'm not giving him that kind of break. Its one thing to say something like that off the record to friends and whatnot.

Quite another to say them with a camera and mic in your face. Particularly when its the opponent's crew.

I thought it was in very poor taste. You don't. Fine.

Comment

maybe next time he just shouldn't talk to the media.

Comment

I gotta ask this, since I'm not a fan of either team, and I could care less who wins the series.

If the situation would have been reversed, and Pujols would have been questioned about Berkman's HR that "saved" them in game 5 and would have responded in the same fashion, how many of you would have laughed or called it brilliant?

Just saying

Comment

I think he should have complained about the lack of respect accorded Ray King.
                        "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                        --Albert Einstein

Comment

What is it with some folks here with this "no on respects St. Louis" thing? If one looks hard enough, they can find fault with every renark uttered by someone.
                          Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Seems innocuous. There are better reasons to root against the Astros, like their stupid-ass ballpark, or the fact that Kev roots for them.
                            Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

QUOTE(kah @ Oct 21 2005, 12:47 PM) Quoted post

Seems innocuous. There are better reasons to root against the Astros, like their stupid-ass ballpark, or the fact that Kev roots for them.
                              [/b][/quote]

You really really dislike me, don't you kah?
                              Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Working...
                              X