Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blues trudge boldly ahead

Read all aboot'it

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Interesting little tidbit from the story:

In the 15 games before Feb. 24, the Blues committed five too-many-men-on-the-ice infractions.

Under Kitchen, there hasn't been one too-many-men penalty.

Mr. G

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Goalie@Apr 7 2004, 12:57 AM
      Interesting little tidbit from the story:

In the 15 games before Feb. 24, the Blues committed five too-many-men-on-the-ice infractions.

Under Kitchen, there hasn't been one too-many-men penalty.

Mr. G
      I know Tkachuk was to blame for 3 of them, and Mellanby for 1. I can't figure out who to point the finger for the last one....

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Tkachuk should be released. I can't believe they actually pay that guy to play hockey. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, why exactly point blame at individual guys for those too-many men penalties? Should we not play them? I think it's indicative of the whole team's poor play and lethargy, as was suggested in the article. C'mon Steve :P

Comment

Biggest question mark is still Osgood.

I mean he gave up 3 goals on few shots against Detroit.

How good offensively is San Jose?

han solo

Comment

Overall, though, Osgood has played well in the past month. Hopefully he can continue his hot streak into and throughout the playoffs, but I agree, he is the key to the Blues' success.

Comment

The too many men on the ice penalties are entirely the coaches fault. There should be NO confusion on a properly run bench.
              Official Lounge Sponsor of:
              MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
              The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Working...
              X