Bob Broeg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Broeg

I'm not really good at sympathetic writing so bare with me.

Legendary sportswriter Bob Broeg is in extremely poor health. He has re-entered the hospital and his family is not expecting him to make it out. This post season will most likely be his last and he may not make it to see the end of WS. Please keep this living legend and his family in your prayers.

QUOTE(thetorch @ Oct 20 2005, 06:50 PM) Quoted post

Legendary sportswriter Bob Broeg is in extremely poor health. He has re-entered the hospital and his family is not expecting him to make it out. This post season will most likely be his last and he may not make it to see the end of WS. Please keep this living legend and his family in your prayers.
    [/b][/quote]
    A tremendous treasure and an excellent writer...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Like losing Stan the Man....or Jack. A very classy human being. Godspeed.
      "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
      --Albert Einstein

Comment

His season tickets were right in front of ours for the Blues games when I was a kid. Classy man.

Comment

QUOTE(thetorch @ Oct 20 2005, 06:50 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

That is sad news...such an admirable writer too.
          Feb. 08, 2005
          Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
          Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
          Originally posted by Airshark
          NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

Great guy...but to be honest I alwasy thought he was kind of a crappy writer especially when he got to be older

He'd jump all over the place in a column

Godspeed to him though....classy guy

Yes...I feel bad for criticizing his writing [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
            Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

I think Frank talked to him recently...I know he is a big fan of Bob's...
              The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

Comment

Classy guy is right on. I have to admit that when it came to Burnes or Broeg I prefered Burnes because I got tired of hearing about the 1942 Redbirds, the 1950's and 60's Mizzou Tigers, the old Brownies teams or whatever. He lived in the past and I wasn't interested in that. Now, I'm sure most of you get tired of hearing me talk about the 1964, 1967 and 1968 Redbirds. So the circle of life goes round and round. Great guy and he originated the Scholar Athlete dinner here in STL. Great guy. Hope he goes fast to avoid the suffering. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
                RIP Stan the Man
                The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
                I miss TLR!

Comment

QUOTE(jhuegy @ Oct 20 2005, 07:46 PM) Quoted post

Classy guy is right on. I have to admit that when it came to Burnes or Broeg I prefered Burnes because I got tired of hearing about the 1942 Redbirds, the 1950's and 60's Mizzou Tigers, the old Brownies teams or whatever. He lived in the past and I wasn't interested in that. Now, I'm sure most of you get tired of hearing me talk about the 1964, 1967 and 1968 Redbirds. So the circle of life goes round and round. Great guy and he originated the Scholar Athlete dinner here in STL. Great guy. Hope he goes fast to avoid the suffering. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
                  [/b][/quote]

Curious about how you would know about the Scholar Athlete dinner, Jim, considering that you are neither.

And what was I thinking giving you a GDT? That was stupid.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
                  The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

Sad news. He was an excellent writer.

Comment

QUOTE(lasvegasreb @ Oct 20 2005, 08:07 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Curious about how you would know about the Scholar Athlete dinner, Jim, considering that you are neither.

[/b][/quote]

We finally get the true scapegoat.

Fucking LVR
                      Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

QUOTE(lasvegasreb @ Oct 20 2005, 08:07 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

My son was a strong candidate for that and I have followed sports longer than you've been alive. As for as the GDT, que serra, serra. I gave it 100% and I'm not losing any sleep over it. I'm over it. I can't wait for spring training. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
                        RIP Stan the Man
                        The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
                        I miss TLR!

Comment

Working...
                        X