The Biggest Key to the Offseason IMO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Biggest Key to the Offseason IMO

If Kevin Towers goes to Arizona to take the GM job which has been rumored, we could see a big deal with the DBacks. They have a ton of young outfield prospects, and I can see Marquis and Wainwright going there for a couple of them.

Other random thoughts:

Ankiel will get every chance to make the team, and if he can work on hitting offspeed pitches a little more, he got better at the end of the year, he could play. He has a cannon in the OF and can hit with power and run the bases.

Giles is not the answer in the outfield. He has a maximum of two years left and has lost quite a bit of pop.

I believe we will trade for a corner OF. I would love to get Torii Hunter but I don't think that would be likely.

Reyes will make the rotation, and if Wainwright isn't traded, he will take Eldred's spot in the bullpen.

We will hear rumors of Edmonds being traded, but he isn't going anywhere.

I do not think Grudz or Nunez will be back. I have a darkhorse who could win the 2B job, Travis Hanson. He hit 20 HR and 97 RBI in AA at 3B. He is hitting .368 in the AFL right now, and I have heard he will probably be switched back to 2B in Spring Training.

Our bullpen needs improved greatly. Lincoln and Reyes aren't gonna be avaliable. I am not confident with Izzy closing, but we are stuck with that contract. Flores and Thompson will be solid. King will be traded, even if we have to pay some of his contract.

Just some of my thoughts.....

I want some youth on this team and I'm not concerned with giving up Wainwright or Marquis.

Good stuff Hawg - let us know when you hear more.
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

If we were to go after Wagner, could he and Izzy get along?

Comment

Hey Hawg ... thanks for your updates from the farm during the year. They were much appreciated!

Comment

I hope Rudy Seanez is going to be on the market...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
          Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
          -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

QUOTE(AWSmith98 @ Oct 20 2005, 03:50 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I wouldn't pay Wagner $30M over 3 years with a no trade - that's what he's asking.

Comment

QUOTE(AWSmith98 @ Oct 20 2005, 03:50 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

If they want to win a championship, they better.

Comment

Tha part that really intrigues me is that we will hear rumors that Edmonds will be traded, but he won't be. Edmonds is enough of a little bitch that I bet rumors like this will really screw him up. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would take that very well.

Although, he wasn't that great offensively this year either.

Comment

QUOTE(ElviswasaBluesFan @ Oct 20 2005, 03:57 PM) Quoted post
                  Tha part that really intrigues me is that we will hear rumors that Edmonds will be traded, but he won't be. Edmonds is enough of a little bitch that I bet rumors like this will really screw him up. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would take that very well.

Although, he wasn't that great offensively this year either. [/b][/quote]

Why would it screw him up if he has 10-5 veto rights?

Comment

Thanks Hawg...I like the idea of Hanson at 2b, I plan on going up to Phoenix to watch a game or 2...

G AB R H 2b 3b HR rbi TB bb so sb cs OBP SLG AVG.
                    ..... 9 38 13 14 2 1 1 3 21 2 6 0 0 .400 .553 .368
                    I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

Wagner had a great year, but he's 34 now and will be 35 by the all star break. I'd really like to see the team get younger, not older. He's going to make too much money as well. Izzy wasn't the reason for our post season failure anyway. The offense and the setup guys were.
                      Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law ~

A.C.

Comment

QUOTE(Iowa_Card @ Oct 20 2005, 03:59 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I guess he wouldn't. I forgot he had been here that long.

He could still be traded with his permission though, and even if he rejected it, I'm guessing the mere fact that they tried would be enough to get his panties in a bunch.

Comment

Why would Nuñez not be back?
                          Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                          "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

QUOTE(Ohio Blues @ Oct 20 2005, 04:16 PM) Quoted post

Why would Nuñez not be back?
                            [/b][/quote]

Because of his stellar play this season, I would expect that Abe is going to want a significant pay raise and a full time job next season. I'm sure someone will give it to him, probably more than the Cardinals are willing to pay.

Comment

QUOTE(ElviswasaBluesFan @ Oct 20 2005, 04:13 PM) Quoted post
                              QUOTE(Iowa_Card @ Oct 20 2005, 03:59 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I guess he wouldn't. I forgot he had been here that long.

He could still be traded with his permission though, and even if he rejected it, I'm guessing the mere fact that they tried would be enough to get his panties in a bunch.
                              [/b][/quote]

Well, I'm not sure why Edmonds would worry about trade rumors if the Cardinals aren't the ones starting them.

Comment

Working...
                              X