Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Night football!

Click me babay

MIAMI -- Hurricane Wilma is already causing problems for sporting events scheduled for this weekend.
    With Wilma expected to arrive with potentially devastating force in Florida, several major events have been rescheduled.

The Miami Dolphins said Thursday that their game originally scheduled Sunday against the Kansas City Chiefswill now be played at 7 p.m. Friday. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said broadcast and television details were being worked out.

"As in the past, we recognize unusual circumstances and will address them appropriately on a case-by-case basis," said Dolphins Enterprises CEO Joe Bailey.

It's the third time since the start of the 2004 season that the Dolphins have rescheduled a home game because of a looming hurricane. Last year's home opener against Tennessee was played a day early because of Hurricane Ivan, and the Dolphins' Week 3 game with Pittsburgh was pushed back 7½ hours by Hurricane Jeanne.

A celebration of the team's 40th anniversary and Dan Marino's induction into the Hall of Fame has also been rescheduled, the Miami Herald reported.

Marino will now receive his Hall of Fame ring at halftime of the Nov. 6 game against the Atlanta Falcons, the Herald reported.

"Nobody in this room, with all of our power and might put together, can have anything to do with where it goes," Dolphins coach Nick Saban said. "What we can try to do is have something to do with preparing for the game and doing our job well and having pride in the performance of what we have to do."

Wilma was downgraded from a Category 5 to 4 Thursday, but still packed winds of 145 mph. The storm was expected to hit southwestern Florida late this weekend, then move quickly across the state toward Miami.

Wilma would be the eighth hurricane to either strike or brush Florida since August 2004[/b][/quote]
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Sports.
    Overload.
    [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

I hope they televise it nationally.
      Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

QUOTE(CSD @ Oct 20 2005, 02:21 PM) Quoted post
        I hope they televise it nationally. [/b][/quote]

I hope so, too. That should be a good game. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

I'm all for having football games on TV every night of the week. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
          Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

NICE!

Comment

Kickass.

I mean for the football of course, not the Hurricane. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Anyone know if this game is gonna be on the tube tonight (at least in Missouri)????

I wanna watch me some Chiefs football tonight!!!
                --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
                --Suck it cubbies.
                --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

Go Fins!
                  RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                  You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

Nevermind. Found it.

Channel 5 hurries to get things in place for Chiefs game

JEFFREY FLANAGAN

As you might expect, the rescheduling of the Chiefs-Dolphins game for 6 tonight had the folks at the local CBS affiliate, Channel 5 (KCTV), in their hurry-up offense all day Thursday.

The biggest adjustments concerned programming switches. Here’s the lowdown:

■ There will be no national pregame or postgame show, but KCTV general manager Kirk Black tells us that there will be a local pregame show starting a 5:30, and there will be a local postgame show immediately after the game.

■ Chiefs fans will get another bonus: With the hole in Sunday’s programming, KCTV will be allowed to televise another NFL game from noon to 3. Viewers will get the Chargers-Eagles game at noon, which will be followed by the Broncos-Giants at 3 p.m.

“This is going to be your home for the NFL this weekend, that’s for sure,” Black said.

■ All the pregame Chiefs shows Sunday morning will simply be scrapped.

“They’ll be completely useless because the game will already have been played,” Black said.

■ The regular Friday night lineup of CBS programming (“Ghost Whisperer,” “Threshold,” and “Numb3rs”) will be rescheduled, though Black said he wasn’t sure how. The network’s preference would be to air the lineup late night, as in starting at 12:30 a.m. Saturday. Black would like permission from the network to run the shows after the game Friday night on KCTV’s new sister station, Channel 62. A decision will be made sometime this morning.

Channel 5’s other major concern was advertisers, especially those who were locked into the broadcast Sunday afternoon.

“Actually, that might be the least stressful part of this because the game is being switched into prime time,” Black said. “That’s pretty high value for the advertisers.”

One downside to the game for Chiefs fans in the outlying areas of the state is that the game will not be broadcast nationally. Thus if you don’t get Channel 5 (or Channel 13 in Topeka), you won’t be able to see the game. The NFL has a longstanding policy of trying to protect attendance at high school football games, thus its decision not to broadcast in cities other than Kansas City and Miami.

DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!
                    --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
                    --Suck it cubbies.
                    --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

One downside to the game for Chiefs fans in the outlying areas of the state is that the game will not be broadcast nationally. Thus if you don’t get Channel 5 (or Channel 13 in Topeka), you won’t be able to see the game. The NFL has a longstanding policy of trying to protect attendance at high school football games, thus its decision not to broadcast in cities other than Kansas City and Miami.[/b][/quote]

huh?

Comment

I don't believe DirecTV will be showing it either. B&

jj twiggs - A great family restaurant

Dear God, KBF here. I'd just like to say thanks, once again, for allowing Dusty Baker and I to live during the same time period. Every time I think he's given me his last gift -- overpitching Prior in the playoffs, getting cocky in Game 6 vs. the Angels, blowing another game for the Cubs -- he does something stupid like pitching to Albert Pujols. Thy will be done, baby!!!!!

Comment

QUOTE(ElviswasaBluesFan @ Oct 21 2005, 09:16 AM) Quoted post

One downside to the game for Chiefs fans in the outlying areas of the state is that the game will not be broadcast nationally. Thus if you don’t get Channel 5 (or Channel 13 in Topeka), you won’t be able to see the game. The NFL has a longstanding policy of trying to protect attendance at high school football games, thus its decision not to broadcast in cities other than Kansas City and Miami.[/b][/quote]

huh?
                          [/b][/quote]
                          If they broadcast an NFL game on a Friday night, they're afraid that people won't go to High School football games and would stay at home and watch the NFL. Pretty silly if you ask me.

Comment

QUOTE(Fishbone @ Oct 21 2005, 09:17 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(ElviswasaBluesFan @ Oct 21 2005, 09:16 AM) Quoted post

huh?
                            [/b][/quote]
                            If they broadcast an NFL game on a Friday night, they're afraid that people won't go to High School football games and would stay at home and watch the NFL. Pretty silly if you ask me.
                            [/b][/quote]

I agree

Comment

So we can't see it because of high school football? You've got to be kidding...

or is this just immediate outlying areas which I wouldn't consider St. Louis...

Comment

Working...
                              X