• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn that Frown Upside Down Cards Fans

Body is discovered wedged in window
    By Bill Bryan
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    10/19/2005

A partly clad woman found halfway through a window probably died by accident while trying to burglarize the home of an acquaintance, St. Louis police theorized Wednesday.

Police said the woman, Rosetta Powell, 36, appeared to have died of asphyxiation. Autopsy results were pending. Powell had a home address in Elsberry, in Lincoln County.

She was found trapped in a rear window in the 5400 block of Mimika Avenue. The owner told police that he met Powell on Monday and that she spent that night with him. On Tuesday morning, the man said, he went to work and Powell left.

Police said they believed Powell returned and tried to break into the home. She appeared to have broken a rear window, reached in, opened a latch and started to crawl through. But a second latch on the window kept it from opening any further, and the woman became wedged in and died, investigators suggested.

They believe her pants fell off as she was struggling to free herself.

The homeowner arrived about 5:30 p.m. Tuesday to discover her lower body hanging out the window, police said. The man could not be reached for comment.
    [/b][/quote]

Moon

Like my grandpappy alsways said, if you're gonna go, go with dignity. At least she kept her top on.

Comment

At least she died honorably.

Darwin strikes again.
      RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
      You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

You come up with a picture for everything else, how about this? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
        RIP Stan the Man
        The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
        I miss TLR!

Comment

wow, at least i'm not going to hell before you.
          Are you on the list?

Comment

QUOTE(Beetlebop70 @ Oct 20 2005, 09:40 AM) Quoted post

Like my grandpappy alsways said, if you're gonna go, go with dignity. At least she kept her top on.
            [/b][/quote]
            [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Did the window fall on her neck? How do you strangle yourself in a window?
              Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Working...
              X