Stories of vandalism from Busch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stories of vandalism from Busch.

I was at the game tonight(last night?) and noticed at the end of the game that people were taking anything and everything they could from the stadium. I was sitting in my usual seat in sec 154 row 22 behind home plate and there was one of the playoff banners right above my head. At the end of the game, someone came and ripped that off, and in looking around the stadium I was seeing others disappear too. Signs indicating the section number overhead were being torn off by people grabbing ahold and franticly twisting it back and forth.

As I ventured over to the Cardinal dugout where some of the players were giving interviews, waving to the fans(So Taguchi came out and starting whipping batting gloves out to people), more people were ripping the metal diamond box section plates off the bars. Numerous people were talking about storming the field, some even trying to get me to join them, and one section number plate vandal was scolded down by a fan who screamed at him to "LEAVE IT THERE!". The guy walked off to another section to attempt to yank another one off and again the fan screamed at him to leave and said "I'M WATCHING YOU AND WILL HUNT YOU DOWN IF YOU TAKE ANYTHING!!". I actually thought the whole exchange was pretty hilarious. One person I saw was arrested in the concourse, and just about every beer vendor sign was taken.

I saw Howard, the usher who works the aisle I sit in, at Denny's later that night when I ran into him while getting something to eat and we talked about the whole scene there post-game. He said someone actually took one of the bathroom doors off the stalls and tried to make away with that too.

Official lounge sponsor of new Busch Stadium!

Funny stuff.

I wonder if some toilets are missing?
    Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Ridiculous.

Comment

What's the big deal? It's a condemned building.
        But wait. There is something that can be done afterall. My good friend Angelo is a cop in the Tampa/Clearwater area. Since I kept all of the files from the access logs when I had the power to see them, guess what, I have everyone's IP addresses. Hmm..what can I do w/ those??

Comment

Vandalism? You are correct. I'm pretty sure someone stole the Hearts of the Redbirds prior to the League Championship Series.
          I'm here until I'm gone, then I'm somewhere else!

Comment

It sucked they didn't let the remaining fans on the field.

Comment

Who stole their bats?
              Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

I saw an usher nail a guy who tried to steal a thermostat cover and some dude steal mustard...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Moon

Comment

I broke up a street fight on the way out of the city.
                    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                    Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Comment

I would like to have had the section sign from the section I worked back in the day.

I hope they don't do anything noticable to the stadium before Sunday. I want to take my 1.5 year old boy down there to take his picture in front of it.
                      "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

I saw two drunken idiots walking out with a trash can.

Great score, guys.

Comment

QUOTE(DLove @ Oct 20 2005, 06:19 AM) Quoted post

I was at the game tonight(last night?) and noticed at the end of the game that people were taking anything and everything they could from the stadium. I was sitting in my usual seat in sec 154 row 22 behind home plate and there was one of the playoff banners right above my head. At the end of the game, someone came and ripped that off, and in looking around the stadium I was seeing others disappear too. Signs indicating the section number overhead were being torn off by people grabbing ahold and franticly twisting it back and forth.

As I ventured over to the Cardinal dugout where some of the players were giving interviews, waving to the fans(So Taguchi came out and starting whipping batting gloves out to people), more people were ripping the metal diamond box section plates off the bars. Numerous people were talking about storming the field, some even trying to get me to join them, and one section number plate vandal was scolded down by a fan who screamed at him to "LEAVE IT THERE!". The guy walked off to another section to attempt to yank another one off and again the fan screamed at him to leave and said "I'M WATCHING YOU AND WILL HUNT YOU DOWN IF YOU TAKE ANYTHING!!". I actually thought the whole exchange was pretty hilarious. One person I saw was arrested in the concourse, and just about every beer vendor sign was taken.

I saw Howard, the usher who works the aisle I sit in, at Denny's later that night when I ran into him while getting something to eat and we talked about the whole scene there post-game. He said someone actually took one of the bathroom doors off the stalls and tried to make away with that too.
                          [/b][/quote]

"Who cares? All of this junk is gonna end up in a flea market somehwere any way."

-Art Weingartner

Comment

I walked away with 2 beer signs, a seat and Einar Diaz. He was just wandering about and my buddy and I snagged him up.

Think he'll be worth anything in a year or two?
                            To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

Comment

QUOTE(ort @ Oct 20 2005, 11:27 AM) Quoted post

I walked away with 2 beer signs, a seat and Einar Diaz. He was just wandering about and my buddy and I snagged him up.

Think he'll be worth anything in a year or two?
                              [/b][/quote]

He can mow your lawn and fix your roof.
                              RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                              You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                              X