This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nirvana DEFEATS Buddy Holly

The opening round begins. The bracket will be updated eventually.
    0%

Nirvana all the freakin' way. I may look like Buddy Holly, but I rock like Nirvana (minus the brains on the wall)

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Jesus dont want me for a Sunbeam...

enough said....

I love that video where the dressed up in quasi-drag on the Ed Sullivan show and smashed it up...what was the tune??

Comment

Originally posted by Indu WangZi@Apr 6 2004, 11:17 PM
        Jesus dont want me for a Sunbeam...

enough said....

I love that video where the dressed up in quasi-drag on the Ed Sullivan show and smashed it up...what was the tune??
        I think that was "In Bloom".

Comment

Originally posted by kah2523+Apr 7 2004, 12:03 AM-->
          QUOTE (kah2523 @ Apr 7 2004, 12:03 AM)

Originally posted by Indu WangZi+Apr 7 2004, 01:25 AM-->
          QUOTE (Indu WangZi @ Apr 7 2004, 01:25 AM)
          Originally posted by [email protected] 7 2004, 12:03 AM

Nirvana just sucks...Kurt did the world a favor by sucking on that shotgun.
          I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

This is stupid if Nirvana loses to Buddy Holly.

Do the 12 people that voted for Buddy Holly so far sit around and listen to his music? Ridiculous. If you want to have a "most influential" contest, start one.
            Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

I can recongnize Buddy's greatness for what it was, but as much as Cobain annoyed me, you can't dismiss Nirvana's music. If I'd have come from an earlier generation, Buddy would get my vote, but since I'm not a decrepid old man like some of you, Nirvana.

Comment

Do the 12 people that voted for Buddy Holly so far sit around and listen to his music?
                No. We sit around waiting for you to BLOW US.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Gonzo@Apr 7 2004, 07:45 AM
                  I can recongnize Buddy's greatness for what it was, but as much as Cobain annoyed me, you can't dismiss Nirvana's music. If I'd have come from an earlier generation, Buddy would get my vote, but since I'm not a decrepid old man like some of you, Nirvana.
                  Amen Gonzo. Although I can't say I'm the biggest Nirvana fan, I *WAS* when the Sub Pop Seattle sound took hold. I was in high school, didn't "fit in"...and Nivana's music spoke to me in ways bands like KISS did to people in the 70's.

Nirvana singlehandedly brought grunge to the forefront of modern music, and amassed legions of fans all over the world. Look at all of these little "alterta-bands" full of 20 somethings today - more than half of their liner notes on their albums thank Nirvana or Kurt Cobain..and some are just complete rip off artists.

Not to mention it produced Dave Grohl, whom so many of you asscakes seem to think highly of

Buddy Holly was an amazing young man, and probably would've had a long career in the music business. He died before he should have, but just because he died doesn't make him a music god.
                  "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. "
                  -- Dennis, Monty Python & The Holy Grail

Comment

Originally posted by Nebulous_Blue+Apr 7 2004, 08:00 AM-->
                    QUOTE (Nebulous_Blue @ Apr 7 2004, 08:00 AM)

Buddy Holly was an amazing young man, and probably would've had a long career in the music business. He died before he should have, but just because he died doesn't make him a music god.
                    Does.

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieCleveland@Apr 7 2004, 07:51 AM
                      Do the 12 people that voted for Buddy Holly so far sit around and listen to his music?
                      No. We sit around waiting for you to BLOW US.
                      PM your address. I can probably fit you in between 5-7 tonight.
                      Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

I vote for the white guy.
                        Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                        MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                        The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

• Working...
                          X