Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL GDT - Blues (2-4-0) @ Predators (5-0-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL GDT - Blues (2-4-0) @ Predators (5-0-0)

The Nashville Predators are one of two unbeaten teams left in the NHL. Center Greg Johnson still thinks the best is yet to come from his club.
    The Predators hope to remain perfect this season when they host the St. Louis Blues.

At 5-0-0, Nashville is the lone unbeaten team in the Western Conference, joining Ottawa (5-0-0) as the only other team yet to lose.

``I still don't think we're played our best game,'' Johnson said. ``I still feel like we can improve. But we're getting a little better every game.''

The Predators, bolstered by the offseason additions of forwards Paul Kariya and Yanic Perreault, appear to be legitimate contenders in the Western Conference.

Nashville trailed in each of its first four wins and was forced into shootouts twice.

``They've got a lot of youth and energy in their lineup,'' Blues coach Mike Kitchen said. ``They've added some veterans in Kariya and Perreault which beefs up their offense. They're a pretty solid team.''

Kariya had at least one point in each contest during a three-game road trip that concluded with a 4-1 victory at St. Louis last Saturday.

The combination of Kariya and Steve Sullivan is proving to be one of the best 1-2 punches in the NHL. The duo has combined for six goals and 17 points this season.

Nashville's Tomas Vokoun has won his first four starts this season and improved to 5-10-3 in his career against St. Louis with Saturday's victory.

St. Louis completed a 2-3 homestand with a 3-2 victory over Anaheim on Wednesday. Defenseman Eric Brewer scored with 57 seconds left in the third period to snap a tie and Patrick Lalime turned away 28 shots.

``I was just trying to get it on net and see what happened,'' Brewer said.

Dean McAmmond and Christian Backman scored on the power play for St. Louis. The goal was the third for McAmmond, one of the players the Blues are looking to for offense this season.

``I said before that I felt I could score 15 to 20 goals,'' McAmmond said. ``But with scoring up the way it is, that might not be enough. I probably need to score 20, 25 to really help.''

This is the Blues' first road game since a 5-1 loss at Detroit in the season opener on Oct. 5.

STANDINGS (through Oct. 18): Blues - 2 points, 4th place (tied), 10 PB, Central Division. Predators - 10 points, 2nd place, 2 PB, Central Division.

TEAM LEADERS: Blues - McAmmond and Jamal Mayers, 3 goals; Petr Cajanek, 6 assists and 7 points; Backman, 12 PIM. Predators - Sullivan, 4 goals, 6 assists and 10 points; Kariya, 14 PIM.

SPECIAL TEAMS (through Oct. 18): Blues - Power play: 17.1 percent (6 for 35), 15th in NHL. Penalty killing: 83.9 percent (26 for 31), 14th. Predators - Power play: 25.0 percent (7 for 28), 3rd (tied). Penalty killing: 90.0 percent (27 for 30), 5th.

GOALTENDERS: Blues - Lalime (2-4-0, 0 SO, 3.82 GAA); Reinhard Divis (0-0-0, 2.14). Predators - Vokoun (4-0-0, 2.20); Chris Mason (1-0-0, 3.69).

SEASON SERIES: Predators, 1-0.

LAST MEETING: Oct. 15; Predators, 4-1. At St. Louis, Sullivan and Scott Hartnell scored and Johnson added an empty-net tally as Nashville ended a nine-game road winless streak against the Blues.

ROAD/HOME RECORDS: Blues - 0-1-0 on the road; Predators - 2-0-0 at home.[/b][/quote]

Quality win toinght by the boys...a little lucky, but they played well enough the whole game to earn the 2 points...

This will be a REAL test - the Predleys are still undefeated, and they are fast nasty skaters with some good shooters too (Sullivan, Zidlicky, Kariya, Hartnell)...Blues will have to play disciplined, stay out of the box, and get in front of Vokoun so he can't see the puck as well...he'll stop everything he can see otherwise...

GO BLUES!!!
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

I think this game will be closer than the last one.

Comment

QUOTE(GloveSaveandaBeauty @ Oct 19 2005, 09:57 PM) Quoted post

I think this game will be closer than the last one.
      [/b][/quote]

Tail end of a back-to-back home and away, though...I'm thinking endurance might be an issue...

Comment

Nothing screams Canada's pastime as St. Louis v. Nashville [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously, I can't wait to watch.

I'm purchasing Center Ice this week. Nice change of pace from the past 7 months.
        RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
        You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

QUOTE(JWB @ Oct 19 2005, 10:06 PM) Quoted post

Nothing screams Canada's pastime as St. Louis v. Nashville [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously, I can't wait to watch.

I'm purchasing Center Ice this week. Nice change of pace from the past 7 months.
          [/b][/quote]

No agony here, either - we already know we're finishing dead last [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Anything better than that is a successful season [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I get to watch the Ravens crush me every Sunday from next week on out.

And I have the pleasure of watching the Blues do the same... every time they play.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

I wrote a few things on FangFever about the Preds today (www.fangfever.com). I'm going to the game tomorrow, so I'll try to preview the game before I'm off. The Blues better win! It's my birthday Friday, I don't think I can stand the Cards AND the Blues losing in a span of 2 days.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Erik Johnson

Comment

QUOTE(gosha83 @ Oct 20 2005, 12:27 AM) Quoted post
                I wrote a few things on FangFever about the Preds today (www.fangfever.com). I'm going to the game tomorrow, so I'll try to preview the game before I'm off. The Blues better win! It's my birthday Friday, I don't think I can stand the Cards AND the Blues losing in a span of 2 days. [/b][/quote]

I'm sorry, what was that? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sorcerer.gif[/img]

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

QUOTE(steveInebriated @ Oct 20 2005, 12:30 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(gosha83 @ Oct 20 2005, 12:27 AM) Quoted post
                  I wrote a few things on FangFever about the Preds today (www.fangfever.com). I'm going to the game tomorrow, so I'll try to preview the game before I'm off. The Blues better win! It's my birthday Friday, I don't think I can stand the Cards AND the Blues losing in a span of 2 days. [/b][/quote]

I'm sorry, what was that? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sorcerer.gif[/img]
                  [/b][/quote]

Huh?

Comment

Eh, the Blues still stink....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 20 2005, 12:31 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                      SHOCKING! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[/b][/quote]

YOU'RE NOT A FAN!!1!

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif[/img]
                        RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                        You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 19 2005, 10:31 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

2-4-0 so far - on track for a 27-54-1 season, and 55 points [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Think that would get Leery and Sauer canned??? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE(Blues Fan in SF @ Oct 20 2005, 12:33 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 19 2005, 10:31 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

2-4-0 so far - on track for a 27-54-1 season, and 55 points [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Think that would get Leery and Sauer canned??? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img]
                            [/b][/quote]
                            No. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE(JWB @ Oct 19 2005, 10:33 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

YOU'RE NOT A FAN!!1!

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif[/img]
                              [/b][/quote]

From the mouth of the Yankees fan, no less [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

Shouldn't you be watching TSN to see who your favorite team is based on this week's Power Rankings??? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X