Bad LaRussa Managerial Moves...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad LaRussa Managerial Moves...

Tony didnt manage very well this series..out managed by Phil "Village Idiot" Garner..

Moves I see as questionable..

1. Continuing to play Larry Walker instead of Gooch!!!11 J$ combo.

2. Using Marquis in Game 5 and Game 6...he just doesnt have the mental make-up for that.

Just a few...who has more??

Nah, I don't see those as bad moves. They could have worked out.

Maybe brining in Marquis in game 6, but it didn't matter.

I thought he did a good job. It's just his time to move on.

Comment

That Garner was a fucking GENIUS when it came to setting up that rotation.

Where he came up w/ using a guy named Oswalt to pitch twice is beyond me.

Great move on his part. I also think using Clemens was the way to go. Sure worked out for him.

Wang, I think Garner made more "bad moves" than LaRussa did, and he only lost two games.
      When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Cardinal reserves had better AB's than regulars.

Tony has a blind spot when it comes to injuries.
        And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Wang -

To be honest -

Bad umpiring hurt more than anything. I don't want that to sound like an excuse. The Astros did what they had to do.

But you can't look at Tony without looking at the big picture.
          Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
          God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Unfortunately everything is magnified when you lose in the manner we did, Wang.

Personally, a questionable move here and there, but I lay this squarely on the shoulders of our veteran lineup.

Errors, left RISP, total offensive shut down (sure, their pitching was good, but we screwed ourselves mostly).

We were the very definition of uninspired play and non-existent execution.
            "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

To me it's not what he did, it's what he didn't do.

Rodriguez or Taguchi could have used a start. And even though our bullpen for the most part was ok, I think Anthony Reyes should have been used too. He instantly would have been one of our top guys out of the bullpen.

Comment

So does anyone want to be critical of LaRussa for the umpires?

What about the Crawford boxes?

That's baseball -

We lost - they won.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

In retrospect, I'd have gone with Taguchi over Walker, but it's always much clearer at the end...
                  Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                  "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Seriously -

Did Tony make a move tonight that was bigger than the ump blowing the call at 2nd?

Did he make a move in game 4 bigger than the ump running Jimmy on Ball 4? We lost that game by a run.

Game 3 - Burke is still out at first base. Anyone want to blame that on Tony?

What in the hell is wrong with you people - what games did you watch.

Oswalt was unhittable tonight and it's Tony's fault?

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

QUOTE(Schwahalala @ Oct 19 2005, 10:43 PM) Quoted post
                      So does anyone want to be critical of LaRussa for the umpires?

What about the Crawford boxes?

That's baseball -

We lost - they won.

[/b][/quote]

A better team beat us.

Comment

Good..it seems everyone thinks, save for a few gaffes, that LaRussa was not too much at fault. I agree with this, but my major criticism is still his incessant use of Larry. Larry looked like hell the entire season and even worse in the post-season. Sticking with him was a mistake..plain and simple. JRod looked better and had better AB's than Larry.

Comment

No doubt they're better right now.
                          When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Nobody is unhittable. I said it in another thread....hitting is all about heart and determination...The Cardinals showed neither tonight.

As soon as Houston scored first the series was over. We rolled over and bit the pillow.

As far as LaRussa goes...how in the hell do you not give J Rod a start over a clearly overmatched (by Oswalt) Sanders. Not even to mention leaving Walker in the 4 hole after having the 2nd lowest post season average in history blows my mind.
                            "Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo."

Comment

QUOTE(Schwahalala @ Oct 19 2005, 10:46 PM) Quoted post

Seriously -

Did Tony make a move tonight that was bigger than the ump blowing the call at 2nd?

Did he make a move in game 4 bigger than the ump running Jimmy on Ball 4? We lost that game by a run.

Game 3 - Burke is still out at first base. Anyone want to blame that on Tony?

What in the hell is wrong with you people - what games did you watch.

Oswalt was unhittable tonight and it's Tony's fault?
                              [/b][/quote]

I hear ya.

Jesus Christ himself could have been the manager and it wouldn't have mattered.

Somebody has to hit.
                              LONG LIVE THE NOTE!

Comment

Working...
                              X