Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm actually getting a little emotional...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm actually getting a little emotional...

Considering that when the Cards are in the playoffs, I have to work monster days and I'm already running on very little sleep AND the fact, while I am a fan of the Cards, I'm not really a big baseball fan, but as I sit here in the bottom of the ninth and we're down by four and I realize this is the last game at Busch, I am feeling a little emotional. Never thought it would happen this way...I guess I thought, like most of us, we were destined to win the Series this year...
    The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

damn
    The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

Comment

Outside of losing to the Astros and not being able to enjoy the World Series, I'm not the least bit sentimental.

All my memories of Busch Stadium are associated with the teams, the games, and the people I shared them with.

The building was incidental.

The new stadium is going to be awesome.

We'll question why it wasn't built sooner.

I can't wait for Spring Training and 2006.

Comment

I don't know if i ever believed they'd win the series, but I sure as hell hoped they would.

I feel the same way.

I have my roommates who don't give a fuck trying to talk to me about this shit, they have no fucking clue. There is a reason why I sit by my fucking self in my room with the door closed, its because I don't give a fuck what you have to say about the game or anything else related to Cardinal baseball, so take the fucking hint and shut your mouth about the subject.

All I can think about is going down to Busch in the late 80s with my dad after he and my mom got divorced. It was a rough and shitty time for both of us, but being able to go down to the park was a such a stress reliever for us (this in particular is really emotional). I think about going down there a few times with my younger brother (he is 9) and thinking how cool it was watching him start to understand and become a part of the Cardinal tradition, knowing I had a big hand in it all, I think about going down there with my cousins and running around the sections of the stadium, never watching 2 ABs in the same place, I could go on and on and on and on...but nah...I really don't even give a shit about the game or the season or the World Series, all I can think about is family and how it relates(d) to Busch. Good memories definitely, but it's not a whole lot of fun to think about, really.
        You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

I am going to the park tomorrow. I will be the one standing where the dk memorial was. I can't shake that whole thing.

Not sure I ever will.
          Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Working...
          X