Clear All

• What Will Walt Do?

First off, here are the guys I want back:

-- Pujols, Molina, Nunez, Carpenter, Mulder, Suppan, Thompson, Flores

I'd have no problem if these guys came back:

-- Eckstein, Morris, Izzy, Rolen?

Here are the guys I do not want at all:

-- Walker (he's gone anyhow, Edmonds, Sanders, Grudz, Marquis

This team needs to get a hell of a lot younger and a hell of a lot faster if they ever want to win in the postseason. Three-run homers just don't happen in the playoffs like they do in the regular season; the pitching is just too tough.

We need guys that can get on base and can put together good ABs.

Giles is not the answer in the outfield.

What about you guys?
    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

I knew it was only a matter of time before we saw these threads. Hell, people were talking about this shit in the GDT.

Comment

I'd get rid of everyone I could except Pujols, Carpentar, Reyes, Thompson.
      Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

How long is Nunez signed for? I wouldn't mind seeing the Phillies sign him as a FA.
        Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

QUOTE(GloveSaveandaBeauty @ Oct 19 2005, 10:11 PM) Quoted post

I knew it was only a matter of time before we saw these threads. Hell, people were talking about this shit in the GDT.
          [/b][/quote]

Unlike you, who can sleep in all fucking day if they want, some of us have to work for a living.

Starting the thread early. Got a problem w/ that, write a paper about it for English 212. =]
          When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

QUOTE(lazydaze @ Oct 19 2005, 10:13 PM) Quoted post

I'd get rid of everyone I could except Pujols, Carpentar, Reyes, Thompson.
            [/b][/quote]

I didnt' even include the young guys not on the postseason roster.

Obviously, I'd want Anthony Reyes.

Comment

QUOTE(WinstonSmith @ Oct 19 2005, 10:13 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(GloveSaveandaBeauty @ Oct 19 2005, 10:11 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Unlike you, who can sleep in all fucking day if they want, some of us have to work for a living.

Starting the thread early. Got a problem w/ that, write a paper about in for English 212. =]
              [/b][/quote]
              Maybe I'll skip all that and tell you to STFU.

Yea, that sounds about right.

Comment

You don't mind if Morris is back but you don't want him back?

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img]

Owners are not gonna do much this off-season. They are fat, happy and got their stadium (along with a radio station).

They are going to keep costs down as much as possible in preparing for the sale of the team. The value of this franchise is at a great peak to sell off.

I could be wrong though but I wouldn't be surprised.

Comment

You know Walter will sign Reggie, that will be the first thing he does........

He wont think about pitching. Then again, not sure who is out there.

Let's not go after AJ Burnett........

Carp, mulder, Anthony Reyes and Wainwright, suppan.

Al reyes is a stud.

Fuck edmonds
                  Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

I'm not sure how old Furcal is, but I would consider throwing a lot of money at hime for about three years, though not more than that.

It probably wouldn't land him, but I'd make a play for the guy. Move Eck to 2nd.

we need more speed, etc., on this team. More waterbugs that just annoy the hell out of teams. Furcal does that.

Who else is out there?

Is this Loretta's walk year?

Comment

Improve the 4th and 5th spots of the rotation. I wouldn't pick up Mulder's option. Improve the OF, and get Billy Wagner.

Comment

Improve the 4th and 5th spots of the rotation.[/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] , um why? And how?
                        Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Forget contract status. This is just Hot Stove League stuff.

Morris is gone.

Someone will offer him more money than we do.

Grudzielanek is an Ok second baseman. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and credit his performance to nagging injuries. Even so, dump him.

Do we have enough money to get Furcal and move Eck to second? Is that even a smart move?

Marquis is good enough to be an attractive trade in mid-season or by the trade deadline. I say keep him. Convert him to the bullpen? Might work.

Giles would be a good pickup, but I think San Diego will sign him. He's indicated he wants to stay there.

Mulder gets a B- this year. I said it before. He's got a left arm that approaches the talent of a Steve Carlton, but he's got Donovan Osborne's head. It's a shame. I wish Bob Gibson could spend a few weeks with him in boot camp. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

I've always disliked Jim Edmonds. Something's just not right with the guy. Unfortunately, we missed the height of his trade value. He would have commanded some good prospects and an arm after last year.

I offered him and Isringhausen and a prospect for Hoffmann and Khalil Greene and a AAA prospect at the start of this season.

I'm glad we didn't make that offer, but I still think Edmonds's value is dramatically lower a year later.

We've seen his best.

Reggie has earned another shot next year.

Comment

No shit, Lazy.

Comment

Winston

the cards are not going to do much in the off-season. I'll be surprised. Why should they? They got the new stadium. They got the core set of players. They will just look for cast-offs cheaply to fill in the current cast-offs like Gruz etc.

The owners got what they wanted, now I hope they will sell it off and move on. Time for a new owner, someone with more passion. Not bunch of people living in Cincinnati.

Comment

Working...
                              X