Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umpires Coming Up Big

Jeez.

I am a purist if there ever was one, but instant replay may not be a bad idea to consider after this bullshit in October. How many fucking calls can be botched?

You can't be watchng the base and then all of the sudden decide the runner was tagged, and then to be so smug and tell the runner "yes you were tagged" and not even think of checking with the first base ump who was actually looking down the line at the play and a better angle on it.

I never make excuses, I don't believe in them. We flat out did not hit.

But I am tired of the mistakes being made by umps that do not have to be made.
    Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

I am sure some excuse will be that the game is long enough already.
    Sponsor of:
    Brian Elliott
    Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
    5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

I don't see how games can be compromised because the right call actually gets made.

Let's see. It's been 20 years exactly, and baseball has done nothing to correct glaring failures. Whatever.

Guy at second has only 1 job to do the entire night, and he can't even do it right. He doesn't have 2 oral arguments in separate cases, a hearing, and an appellate brief due. All he has to do is stare at 2nd base and get some calls right. He doesn't even have to flip burgers and fat-fry the fries. He's just got 1 thing to do, and he can't even do that fucking right.
      From this day forward, I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death.

For more than 20 years I have endeavored-indeed, I have struggled-along with a majority of this Court, to develop procedural & substantive rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor.

I feel morally and intellectually obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed.

The path the Court has chosen lessens us all. I dissent.

Comment

That play was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

The bullshit in the ALCS and the other games of this series.

That was so fucking pivotal. It went from bases loaded no outs to one out first and third........all because the ump did not care to get help he just guessed he saw something. I wonder if these fuckers care after they go home and see they were dead wrong on replay?

Perhaps they could make a rule where manager challenges the ruling, if he wins the challenge, great. If he loses, his next batter is automatically out - that way it speeds up the game and forces you to only challenge smart calls.

I dont know, it will never happen but after this postseason it will never be looked upon more. If they dont at least discuss it this winter, they never will.
        Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Working...
        X