X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWB
    replied
    QUOTE(The Kev @ Oct 19 2005, 05:20 PM) Quoted post

Will anyone ever attempt to create a rival baseball league, again? Just in my lifetime, the NFL has had several leagues try to make a challenge. The only one with success was the AFL. They wound up merging. Same with the NBA & ABA and the NHL with the WHA.
    [/b][/quote]

The Continental League was formed in the '60s, but they folded before playing one single game.

Leave a comment:

• SLUBLUE
    replied

from google

Leave a comment:

• SLUBLUE
    replied
    anyone have a logo or anything?

Leave a comment:

• thetorch
    replied
    The era of competing leagues is over. With the player unons ensconsed you could never steal the top players, and without players you have to rely on gimmickry, in the 40s that could alst you a few seasons, now it gets you five minutes. How long was the XFL viable? 2 weeks I think.

Leave a comment:

• Bleacher Creature
    replied
    Will anyone ever attempt to create a rival baseball league, again? Just in my lifetime, the NFL has had several leagues try to make a challenge. The only one with success was the AFL. They wound up merging. Same with the NBA & ABA and the NHL with the WHA.

Leave a comment:

• dredbyrd
    replied
    More on the Federal League from Baseball Library.

Leave a comment:

• dredbyrd
    started a topic St. Louis Terriers?

St. Louis Terriers?

Got a sale flyer today from Ebbets Field Flannels. Included this item:
    http://www.ebbets.com/Vintage_Flannel_Base....aspx?ipc=19166

St. Louis Terriers History
    The aces of the Terriers' pitching staff were Hall-of-Famer Mordecai "Three Finger" Brown. who also managed, and Doc Crandall. The team lost the 1915 pennant to the Chicago Whales by .001 percentage point. Fielder Jones took over as skipper after Brown. [/b][/quote]
Working...
X