Should I complain to MoDot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I complain to MoDot?

Last night after school, around 10 o'clock, I got stuck on 40 going west. The road was taken down from three lanes to one at the bridge. It would have been nice for them to post the signs that warned of delays before Long Rd. so I could have gotten off the highway and taken an alternate route, but it's ok - I have no problem with waiting. After an hour of waiting in traffic, I finally make it to the bridge. It's a nice night and we aren't moving, so I have my windows down. I make it about halfway over the bridge when I hear yelling - I can't make out what the person is saying, so I just assume that it is one of the construction workers talking to another. After another 5 minutes of waiting, I make it to the other side of the bridge, where the work is taking place. I can now see who is responsible for the yelling. There was one lone worker, standing in the bed of a pickup yelling obscenities at everyone who passed by. It varied per car, but the speech I got was "Fuck you, you fucking cocksucker. I risk my fucking life to fix these fucking roads and fucking pussies like you can't wait one fucking hour." I'm fairly certain I did nothing to provoke him - I was just sitting in my car minding my own business.

I don't consider myself to be a prude, but I was shocked by what I heard. There were people with children in their cars, and I can only imagine the questions that arose from that.

What would you do?
    If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

I don't see what's so offensive about the f word. It's just a word.
    -dhaab.

I'd call and let them know that it was happening, but I wouldn't expect anything to come of it.
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Buy a Mac.

Comment

Turn him in.

After all, you're essentially his boss since you pay his salary for that project.

Comment

QUOTE(Iowa_Card @ Oct 19 2005, 09:29 AM) Quoted post

Turn him in.

After all, you're essentially his boss since you pay his salary for that project.
          [/b][/quote]

Next time you get pulled over for speeding, make sure you tell the cop this same thing. They love to hear crap like that.
          [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Whenever I see MODOT workers working on a weekend or even a weekend night in hot weather while people are driving by them at 70 mph, I cant imagine that they have a real positive outlook on life.
            “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

"Fuck you, you fucking cocksucker. I risk my fucking life to fix these GDT's and fucking pussies like you can't wait one fucking hour." [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]
              RIP Stan the Man
              The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
              I miss TLR!

Comment

Give him a "Meet The F*ckers" t-shirt and tell him to find the nearest youth sporting event.

jj twiggs - A great family restaurant

Dear God, KBF here. I'd just like to say thanks, once again, for allowing Dusty Baker and I to live during the same time period. Every time I think he's given me his last gift -- overpitching Prior in the playoffs, getting cocky in Game 6 vs. the Angels, blowing another game for the Cubs -- he does something stupid like pitching to Albert Pujols. Thy will be done, baby!!!!!

Comment

I used to know a guy who worked for MODOT. He used to tell me that it was one of the most stressful jobs you could have and I didn't understand why. Seemed to me those guys are always standing on the side of the road talking while one other guy is working.

He said to think about the number of cars that speed by you literally within feet of the workers and all it takes is for one to lose control and someone gets seriously hurt or killed.

Comment

I feel for the dude and do realize it's a pretty high stress job, but hell - I was barely going 5 MPH...

Comment

sometimes people just lose it. how come his buddies weren't telling him to stfu?
                      Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

QUOTE(cardinalgirl @ Oct 19 2005, 09:53 AM) Quoted post

sometimes people just lose it. how come his buddies weren't telling him to stfu?
                        [/b][/quote]I thought about that myself...

Comment

Offer him a spoon and tell him to eat your ass.
                          Are you on the list?

Comment

Were you wearing pants at the time? This might have a lot to do w/ it.

Comment

QUOTE(SLUBLUE @ Oct 19 2005, 09:59 AM) Quoted post

Offer him a spoon and tell him to eat your ass.
                              [/b][/quote]

++

Comment

Working...
                              X