Rams-Colts Postmortem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams-Colts Postmortem

I didn't really get to see the game (missed the first half because of work, turned it off with about 10 minutes to go because I was disgusted). Anyone care to outline the good, the bad, and the ugly?

Oh, one good thing will come of this -- its clear we're getting a top 10 draft pick this year. Whoo hooo!
    On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?

Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

From what I remember...

Good:
    They actually ran the ball in the first half. Not always well, but they didn't stop trying just because they had one negative play. Unfortunately, the game got so out of hand so quickly in the second half that they pretty much had to abandon it.

Joe Vitt
    Despite the result, he seemed very calm and collected on the sideline, confident. Even when the game was starting to get away, he looked in control, a very good quality as a coach. I'd be interested in seeing how the team performs over the next few weeks.

Bad:
    The Colts did whatever they wanted to in the second half. It seems like the Rams D is completely devoid of any playmakers.

Ugly:
    Jamie Martin. He completed a lot of passes, but the offense was entirely ineffective once he got in the game. Things don't look good for the next couple of weeks.
    Official Lounge Sponsor:
    Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
    The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
    Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

Oh yeah, this is why you need Tivo.
      Official Lounge Sponsor:
      Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
      The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
      Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

Again I ask, how can Jamie Martin get a start after that performance? It's like guaranteeing a loss.
        Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Who else are you going to play?

Some of the Bulger haters need to see this.
          And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

QUOTE(Damtoft @ Oct 19 2005, 08:41 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

That Fitzgerald kid can throw it downfield, unlike Martin. I saw him do it vs. KC. He will make mistakes but get some points. Martin will simply make mistakes and keep the punter busy.
            Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

You'd risk the kid in this situation?

I'd rather keep him fresh for a new start with a new coach.
              And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

Comment

QUOTE(Damtoft @ Oct 19 2005, 08:41 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

And I think even the Bulger haters acknowledge that the Rams are lost without him. They just think that somehow Warner would be better. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img]

Speaking of that, who is starting for ARZ this week?
                Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

QUOTE(Damtoft @ Oct 19 2005, 08:44 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

The season isn't over yet, not in this division.
                  Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

If AZ had half a brain, McCown would start until he proves he can't.

That means Warner will likely start.

Comment

I was encouraged witht he run blocking.

Jamie Martin is a Martz favorite and is completely useless. I'd give the kid a start, as well.
                      His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
                      Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

QUOTE(dvyyyyyy @ Oct 19 2005, 08:45 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Damtoft @ Oct 19 2005, 08:44 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

The season isn't over yet, not in this division.
                        [/b][/quote]

Last year, I would've agreed with you. But not this year, Seattle is looking like they are going to take the division and run away with it.

Comment

QUOTE(moedrabowsky @ Oct 19 2005, 08:47 AM) Quoted post

Jamie Martin is a Martz favorite and is completely useless. I'd give the kid a start, as well.
                          [/b][/quote]
                          ++

I'd rather not finish 8-8, pretend to think that we can be contenders again, and then get smoked by somebody in the playoffs.

I'll take a top ten draft pick, a lost season so that the front office realizes that this team is in desperate need of a massive makeover in the coaching department and on defense. As long as Bulger's out, we're going to suck as bad with Fitzpatrick or Martin so I don't see why not give the keys to the VORP guy and see what he can do.

Comment

QUOTE(Fishbone @ Oct 19 2005, 07:54 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(moedrabowsky @ Oct 19 2005, 08:47 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                            ++

I'd rather not finish 8-8, pretend to think that we can be contenders again, and then get smoked by somebody in the playoffs.

I'll take a top ten draft pick, a lost season so that the front office realizes that this team is in desperate need of a massive makeover in the coaching department and on defense. As long as Bulger's out, we're going to suck as bad with Fitzpatrick or Martin so I don't see why not give the keys to the VORP guy and see what he can do.
                            [/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Nicely done. I agree with your agreement.
                            His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
                            Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Bulger is fine, he's just sick of the crap.
                              Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Working...
                              X