NHL - Ducks (2-2-1) at Blues (1-4-0) GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL - Ducks (2-2-1) at Blues (1-4-0) GDT

The Anaheim Mighty Ducks have lost three straight on the road and are headed for an arena where they have enjoyed little success recently.
    The Ducks continue a three-game road trip Wednesday night at the Savvis Center against the St. Louis Blues.

Anaheim is 2-7-1 in its last 10 games at St. Louis dating back to Feb. 12, 2000.

At least part of the Ducks' troubles can be traced to poor special teams play and a lack of offense from injured Sergei Fedorov.

In its last four games, Anaheim has one power-play goal in 25 opportunities.

Fedorov, day-to-day with a groin strain, has one assist in three games this season. He does, however, have 25 goals, including three game-winners, and 41 assists in 68 career games against the Blues.

Defensemen Sandis Ozolinsh (strained chest muscle) and Jason Marshall (broken nose) are also day-to-day for the Ducks.

Anaheim began its trip Sunday with a 4-1 loss to Minnesota.

Defenseman Bruno St. Jacques scored with 14 seconds to play as the Ducks avoided being shut out for the first time this season.

St. Louis has also struggled in the early going, splitting its last two games after a season-opening three-game losing streak.

Jamal Mayers scored the only goal for St. Louis in its 4-1 loss Saturday night to unbeaten Nashville.

For St. Louis to be successful this season, it needs more production from veteran forwards Keith Tkachuk and Doug Weight.

Tkachuk, though, has been bothered by a strained groin and has no points in two games while Weight has been limited to one goal this season.

Tkachuk has 23 goals and 17 assists in 43 games against the Ducks while Weight has chipped in seven goals and 27 assists in 34 games versus them.

STANDINGS (through Oct. 17): Mighty Ducks - 5 points, 4th place (tied), 4 PB, Pacific Division. Blues - 2 points, 4th place, 10 PB, Central Division.

TEAM LEADERS: Mighty Ducks - Joffrey Lupul, 4 goals and 5 points; Corey Perry, Rob Niedermayer and Andy McDonald, 3 assists; Kip Brennan and Todd Fedoruk, 14 PIM. Blues - Mayers, 3 goals; Petr Cajanek, 5 assists and 6 points; Christian Backman, 12 PIM.

SPECIAL TEAMS (through Oct. 17): Mighty Ducks - Power play: 8.8 percent (3 for 34), 26th (tied) in NHL. Penalty killing: 76.3 percent (29 for 38), 28. Blues - Power play: 17.1 percent (6 for 35), 12. Penalty killing: 83.3 percent (35 for 42), 17.

GOALTENDERS: Mighty Ducks - Jean-Sebastien Giguere (2-2-1, 0 SO, 3.13 GAA); Ilya Bryzgalov (0-0-0, 0.00). Blues - Patrick Lalime (1-4-0, 4.22); Reinhard Divis (0-0-0, 2.14).

2003-04 SEASON SERIES: Blues, 2-1-1.

LAST MEETING: March 25, 2004; Blues, 3-2. At St. Louis, Mayers scored the game-winning goal midway through the third period and Chris Pronger had with three assists.

ROAD/HOME RECORDS: Mighty Ducks - 1-1-1 on the road; Blues - 1-3-0 at home.[/b][/quote]

GO BLUES!!!
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Blues,

When it comes to mind that "someone has to do it", why do you always think you're that someone?

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

QUOTE(lasvegasreb @ Oct 19 2005, 12:16 AM) Quoted post

Blues,

When it comes to mind that "someone has to do it", why do you always think you're that someone?

[/b][/quote]

Because no one else had done it, and the preview was up, so I could... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

It's going to be the shortest Blues GDT in history, though...
      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

QUOTE(Blues Fan in SF @ Oct 19 2005, 02:32 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(lasvegasreb @ Oct 19 2005, 12:16 AM) Quoted post

Blues,

[/b][/quote]

Because no one else had done it, and the preview was up, so I could... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

It's going to be the shortest Blues GDT in history, though...
        [/b][/quote]

I bet you're right.

Go Blues, although my attention will be a few blocks east at 250 Stadium Plaza.
        RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
        You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

This is a winnable game.

Comment

Hey, it's Mt. Dew fan can night tonight if anyone doesn't have anything better to do! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
            Feb. 08, 2005
            Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
            Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
            Originally posted by Airshark
            NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

QUOTE(GloveSaveandaBeauty @ Oct 19 2005, 04:28 AM) Quoted post

This is a winnable game.
              [/b][/quote]
              Then again, Lalame is a sieve!!!!!111
              Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
              "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

They should just change their name to the St. Louis Whos? until Cards baseball is over.
                To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

Comment

the season already started?
                  Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
                  Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
                  There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
                  "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
                  "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

Attendance?

5000?
                    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                    Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Comment

I bet it's a sellout*!

*down the street.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

QUOTE(steveInebriated @ Oct 19 2005, 10:38 AM) Quoted post

I bet it's a sellout*!

*down the street.
                        [/b][/quote]
                        over/under on tv ratings = 0.6
                        Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
                        Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
                        There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
                        "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
                        "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

This is gonna be great for traffic... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                          Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                          -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

QUOTE(BlueBrained @ Oct 19 2005, 09:57 AM) Quoted post

Attendance?

5000?
                            [/b][/quote]
                            it will be announced as 12-15K but there might be 8K there
                            Sponsor of:
                            Brian Elliott
                            Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
                            5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

QUOTE(Tazlaz @ Oct 19 2005, 12:17 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(steveInebriated @ Oct 19 2005, 10:38 AM) Quoted post

I bet it's a sellout*!

*down the street.
                              [/b][/quote]
                              over/under on tv ratings = 0.6
                              [/b][/quote]
                              Decidedly under
                              Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                              "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Working...
                              X