Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I Found Something Out Today

I got this photo this photo in an e-mail at work:

I also found out that I work with TLR's niece, who loved the picture and e-mailed it to the clubhouse...

So...I can't guarantee anything, but if there's anything you think would be particularly motivational for the guys, there's a chance I can get it to the clubhouse...
    " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

QUOTE(_STLfan_in_DFW @ Oct 18 2005, 06:12 PM) Quoted post

I also found out that I work with TLR's niece, who loved the picture and e-mailed it to the clubhouse...

So...I can't guarantee anything, but if there's anything you think would be particularly motivational for the guys, there's a chance I can get it to the clubhouse...
    [/b][/quote]
    "It's so important to know where you are. I know where I am right now. How do you go from where you are to where you want to be? I think you have to have an enthusiasm for life. You have to have a dream, a goal. You have to be willing to work for it." - Jim Valvano

"Men are born to succeed, not fail" - Henry David Thoreau

"Act as if it were impossible to fail." - Dorothea Brande

"Destiny is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved." - William Jennings Bryan

"Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: You don't give up." - Anne Lamott

"While there's life, there's hope" - Cicero

"It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow." - Robert Goddard

"Victory belongs to the most persevering." - Napoleon Bonaparte

"Eighty percent of success is showing up." - Woody Allen

"Look not mournfully into the past. It comes not back again. Wisely improve the present. It is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy future, without fear." - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

"Since this nation was founded ... under God
    More than 200 years ago
    We have been the bastion of freedom
    The light that keeps the free world aglow
    We do not covet the possessions of others
    We are blessed with the bounty we share.

We have rushed to help other nations
    ... anything ... anytime ... anywhere.

War is just not our nature
    We won't start ... but we will end the fight
    If we are involved we shall be resolved
    To protect what we know is right.

We have been challenged by a cowardly foe
    Who strikes and then hides from our view.

With one voice we say, "We have no choice today,
    There is only one thing to do.

Everyone is saying -- the same thing -- and praying
    That we end these senseless moments we are living.

As our fathers did before ... we shall win this unwanted war
    And our children ... will enjoy the future ... we'll be giving." - Jack Buck, 9/17/01

Friends, I assure you that the Cardinals will not lose tonight. We have our ace, Cy Young-award winner Chris Carpenter, on the mound for us. He was not there for us last year; you know he wants this as much as any Redbird. That man at first base, Albert Pujols? He is the most determined player I've seen take the field in my 18 years. Mark Gruzielanek was robbed of a trip to the World Series in 2003. You think he wants that to happen again? David Eckstein, the little engine that could, has faced adversity his entire life. He was too small, too slow, too everything. He has never given up, and he will play his hardest tonight.

I could go on, but I'm sure you get the message. This team was swept in the World Series last year, a very disappointing loss. Nobody wants to feel like that again, which is why the Cardinals will win Game 5. We've watched them play all year; hell, our entire lives. We know what they're capable of. We know how much this franchise means to people. We know the St. Louis Cardinals do not give up. The players know that. The coaches know that.

Soon, the Astros will know that.

Comment

QUOTE(_STLfan_in_DFW @ Oct 18 2005, 06:12 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
      I believe Matt Sebek of ISTL made that...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
      Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
      -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

This is inspirational, right?

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Could be...

I got "Not Today" in an e-mail all the way down here last year, so I wouldn't be surprised...
          " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

QUOTE(steveInebriated @ Oct 18 2005, 06:17 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

We need another one of those with a blue dot on top of Houston, with the caption "In play; run scoring play"....

Comment

IN, except for the TLR's neice part.

-RBB

Comment

Fine, I'll do it.

IS SHE HOT?

Comment

Tony is all about this moment. They couldn't be more prepared. No way they "touch the money."

1. One at a time.

2. Hard nine.
                  The Dude abides.

Comment

QUOTE(_STLfan_in_DFW @ Oct 18 2005, 04:18 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(steveInebriated @ Oct 18 2005, 06:17 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

We need another one of those with a blue dot on top of Houston, with the caption "In play; run scoring play"....
                    [/b][/quote]

Yes - somebody do that...I want it as my avatar [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
                    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
                    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
                    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
                    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

QUOTE(Moe_Szyslak @ Oct 18 2005, 06:22 PM) Quoted post

Tony is all about this moment. They couldn't be more prepared. No way they "touch the money."

1. One at a time.

2. Hard nine.
                      [/b][/quote]

QFA
                      RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                      You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

QUOTE(backstop @ Oct 18 2005, 06:22 PM) Quoted post

Fine, I'll do it.

IS SHE HOT?
                        [/b][/quote]

Well, I haven't met her. One of the guys in my department is from STL too, and he works directly with her and her department. So I don't work directly with her...but I know the guy that works with her very well (I actually can't believe he's never said anything - but apparently he's gotten tickets to LaRussa's luxury box in the past, so maybe he was being intentionally vague for fear that I'd try to get some tickets)...

He sends Cardinal stuff out in e-mails all the time, and she's on his distribution list...I didn't find out who she was until he sent the picture out and she replied saying how great it was, and that she e-mailed it to the clubhouse and told them to hang it up...

Comment

1. One at a time.

2. Hard nine.
                          [/b][/quote]

I wouldn't try to get her to pass anything through unless it was of the "Not Today" variety...it was original, heartfelt, and motivating...and Tony seemed to like it...

And that's the kind of stuff that helps connect the team to the fans, and remind them how hard we're pulling for them...

I don't mean this as disrespectful to Glovey for what he posted, as personally, I can find motivation in alot of that...

But I don't think a collection of motivational quotes and speeches carries much weight right now...that's stuff Tony can do...

Comment

QUOTE(_STLfan_in_DFW @ Oct 18 2005, 06:39 PM) Quoted post

1. One at a time.

2. Hard nine.
                            [/b][/quote]

I wouldn't try to get her to pass anything through unless it was of the "Not Today" variety...it was original, heartfelt, and motivating...and Tony seemed to like it...

And that's the kind of stuff that helps connect the team to the fans, and remind them how hard we're pulling for them...

I don't mean this as disrespectful to Glovey for what he posted, as personally, I can find motivation in alot of that...

But I don't think a collection of motivational quotes and speeches carries much weight right now...that's stuff Tony can do...
                            [/b][/quote]
                            I spent a fucking hour on that, and had tears in my eyes as I was typing the last couple of lines, but whatever.

Comment

Nice, .

Comment

Working...
                              X