Lidge Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lidge Comments

Close this thread if this has been discussed but did anyone hear or read these comments moments after the game?

"It stings," said Brad Lidge, who had seen Pujols turn his 88 mph hanging slider into a comeback. "[But] we're going to win, and when that happens, it's not going to matter."[/b][/quote]

I am not a billboard material type guy, but if this is what it takes for Larry and Jimmy to get on track, so fucking be it.

Baseball is a different game in that you can't get fired up and go crazy about comments like you can other sports. But Houston will be humbled by this. And let us not forget not just how they celebrated but WHEN they did. They must have forgotten last October.

Let's hope we get to Oswalt. He cannot pitch that good against us twice in a row. Show up Mulder, the sun will be down by then.
    Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

I'd take the exact same game Mulder gave us in Game 2. If the offense and defense shows up, we win.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    --Albert Einstein

Comment

Oswalt did pitch that good against us twice in a row. He shut us down in the 2 game set in the final week at Busch. Let's hope he can't do it 3 times.

Comment

I heard how Lidge was a stand-up guy in the clubhouse last night, taking all the heat from reporters on himself. They were talking about that on the Dan Patrick show today.

If he wants to say something like that let him......the guys around him have to have heard it for it to mean anything, because he doesn't even get in the game without them...

Comment

I assume Oswalt will be great. I also assume they will continue to hit as weakly as they have all year and all through the playoffs. This time, we get the breaks. This time, Jimmy doesn't swing at the first pitch, and there is no passed ball. All we have to do is hold them close until Albert hits the Arch when Lidge comes in.

I've been saying it all along -- and, really, isn't it about time some of you mentioned how smart I am? -- that Lidge has thrown an awful lot this past month. He's tired. We'll beat him again if we have to.
          "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
          --Albert Einstein

Comment

Unless TLR blows up the staff to secure Game 6 or 7, our bullpen is in damn fine shape going forward. The same can not be said for the Astros, who used a whole bunch of relievers in their previous victories.

And Clemens is gassed. Oswalt is their last, best hope.
            The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

That is the best thing Lidge could have said to get us motivated to win.

Comment

QUOTE(Neutered Cat @ Oct 18 2005, 01:36 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                he did not have to say anything, he did it with one pitch last night.
                Sponsor of:
                Brian Elliott
                Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
                5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

QUOTE(Guppy @ Oct 18 2005, 01:41 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                  [/b][/quote]

what i meant was, if he was going to say something, he should say anything but that.

Comment

QUOTE(Neutered Cat @ Oct 18 2005, 01:44 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Guppy @ Oct 18 2005, 01:41 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                    [/b][/quote]

what i meant was, if he was going to say something, he should say anything but that.
                    [/b][/quote]

Yeah, should have said something about the Law of Averages, hung the slider, blah blah blah, can't keep Albert down forever.........etc.

followed by "I hope I pitch in game 6"
                    Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

KBF.

I agreed with you earlier. I'm glad to see that you and I were both right. We finally got to that SOB, and we did so JUST in time.
                      Official Sponsor of all things Mizzou Football, the non-existant Jose Oquendo STOP sign, and the Rally Hoosier!

Comment

Cards win G6, but it will come down to the fact that they've got Phil "Pinch run for Berkman" Garner in their dugout and the Cards have TLR. 3-2 Cardinals, Mulder goes 8.

G7 will be a Cardinals blowout. Clemens will get hit early and often. 9-5 Cardinals on some late runs by Houston.
                        Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

QUOTE(dvyyyyyy @ Oct 18 2005, 01:57 PM) Quoted post

Cards win G6, but it will come down to the fact that they've got Phil "Pinch run for Berkman" Garner in their dugout and the Cards have TLR. 3-2 Cardinals, Mulder goes 8.

G7 will be a Cardinals blowout. Clemens will get hit early and often. 9-5 Cardinals on some late runs by Houston.
                          [/b][/quote]
                          that post made me stare into space
                          Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

"It stings," said Brad Lidge, who had seen Pujols turn his 88 mph hanging slider into a comeback. "[But] we're going to win, and when that happens, it's not going to matter."[/b][/quote]

88 MPH?

Reminds me of Back to the Future, Doc Brown: "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 MPH, you're going to see some serious shit."

Comment

QUOTE(bcruise @ Oct 18 2005, 01:20 PM) Quoted post

I heard how Lidge was a stand-up guy in the clubhouse last night, taking all the heat from reporters on himself. They were talking about that on the Dan Patrick show today.

If he wants to say something like that let him......the guys around him have to have heard it for it to mean anything, because he doesn't even get in the game without them...
                              [/b][/quote]

i'm glad to hear he took it like a man and sat down with the reporters. i can't imagine how hard it must feel to be the one to give Pujols not only a HR but a HR of such velocity.

and i don't understand why it should be board material. its not like he's expected to say "thanks to my half assed decision we're gonna lose".

Comment

Working...
                              X