Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mike shannon's call

got this from botb:

Mike: Mr. Pujols, the Cardinal clutch man, is at the plate. The potential go ahead run.

Hagin: You're favorite individual in the history of baseball just showed up again....Little Abner.

Mike: Ole Abner is always on duty, and I wanna tell you little David Eckstein....you talk about a tough, key guy, he's been the the inspiration all season long, he got the 2-out, 2-strike hit. Edmonds, the walk, and you can't ask for anything more than this folks. The Cardinals have had their chances, they haven't been able to execute or capitalize. Well, their big man is in. Berkman, I think he's their best hitter, and he came through with a 3-run home run.

Well, here's Albert Pujols at the plate right now. And I could tell you this, it couldn't come down to a better situation than this. One for eight lifetime is Albert against Lidge. And tonight Albert has popped to third, he struck out, he's grounded out to the third baseman twice. He's 0-for-four. And that doesn't happen very often either. He hit 41 homers during the regular season.

Good speed on the bases. Eckstein at second, Edmonds at first. 2 on, 2 out, Houston leads four to two. 9th inning action.

The pitch to Albert.....swing and a miss! He went after the curve and he was fooled.

Burke deep in left center, Tavares pulled over in right center. Lane pacing in his right field position.

Albert digs back in. Open stance, deep in the box. Bends at the uh, knees. Holds it down on the end. Lidge is ready. With 2 on and 2 out, here's the 0-1 pitch. It's coming....

Swing and a long one! There it is baby, the Cardinals take the lead as Albert Pujols comes through in the pinch and the Redbirds lead this baby 5-4! What did I tell ya folks? David Eckstein The Man. This could be a CRUSHING BLOW, A CRUSHING BLOW to this Houston club!! Albert Pujols, you talk about a Most Valuable Player, how is that baby??!! Whoo!!! That thing left the ballpark in a hurry. A 3 run home run and the Cardinals lead 5-4!!

Little (sic) Abner and Ole Abner are not one and the same. Wayne needs to get his shit together.

Moon

Comment

QUOTE(Moon Man @ Oct 18 2005, 11:44 AM) Quoted post

Little (sic) Abner and Ole Abner are not one and the same. Wayne needs to get his shit together.

Moon
      [/b][/quote]

What a sycophant Wayne is. Nice call by Shannon. But "Look out Choo-Choo, here it comes!" would have been one for the ages.
      "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
      --Albert Einstein

Comment

QUOTE(kennyboyerfan @ Oct 18 2005, 12:47 PM) Quoted post

Moon
        [/b][/quote]

What a sycophant Wayne is. Nice call by Shannon. But "Look out Choo-Choo, here it comes!" would have been one for the ages.
        [/b][/quote]
        I would have enjoyed "Look out, faggoty crawford boxes... that's a REAL home run. Choo-choo that, bitches!"

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Moon
          [/b][/quote]

What a sycophant Wayne is.
          [/b][/quote]

I've noticed that, too. His comments to Mike are just a tad off-kilter, too ingratiating maybe.

Wayne came up big with Jed's 12th inning blast last year -- it was his best call, I think -- and hopefully he can retire "kissing it goodbye" for the truly monumental postseason home runs.

KBF, you're expecting Shannon to be Jack; in many ways, they were the perfect compliment, one all heart, the other more lyrical.
          The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

I hope the peeps in the KMOX suite had sneeze guards b/c mike was spitting all over the place... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
            Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
            -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 18 2005, 12:59 PM) Quoted post

I hope the peeps in the KMOX suite had sneeze guards b/c mike was spitting all over the place... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
              [/b][/quote]
              You don't think he was drinking do you? Surely not.....
              Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
              Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
              Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
              Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
              NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
              LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

QUOTE(LetsGoCardinals @ Oct 18 2005, 01:00 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 18 2005, 12:59 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                You don't think he was drinking do you? Surely not.....
                [/b][/quote]
                Well I wasn't, so surely he wasn't [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

QUOTE(lasvegasreb @ Oct 18 2005, 11:56 AM) Quoted post

Moon
                  [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I've noticed that, too. His comments to Mike are just a tad off-kilter, too ingratiating maybe.

Wayne came up big with Jed's 12th inning blast last year -- it was his best call, I think -- and hopefully he can retire "kissing it goodbye" for the truly monumental postseason home runs.

KBF, you're expecting Shannon to be Jack; in many ways, they were the perfect compliment, one all heart, the other more lyrical.
                  [/b][/quote]

I was joking about the choo-choo call. I definitely don't expect Shannon to be Jack. Mike's great in great moments. The only thing that bugs me is when he forgets to say what's going on the field because he's selling tickets to the next homestand.
                  "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                  --Albert Einstein

Comment

QUOTE(hansolo @ Oct 18 2005, 12:41 PM) Quoted post

got this from botb:

Mike: Mr. Pujols, the Cardinal clutch man, is at the plate. The potential go ahead run.

Hagin: You're favorite individual in the history of baseball just showed up again....Little Abner.

Mike: Ole Abner is always on duty, and I wanna tell you little David Eckstein....you talk about a tough, key guy, he's been the the inspiration all season long, he got the 2-out, 2-strike hit. Edmonds, the walk, and you can't ask for anything more than this folks. The Cardinals have had their chances, they haven't been able to execute or capitalize. Well, their big man is in. Berkman, I think he's their best hitter, and he came through with a 3-run home run.

Well, here's Albert Pujols at the plate right now. And I could tell you this, it couldn't come down to a better situation than this. One for eight lifetime is Albert against Lidge. And tonight Albert has popped to third, he struck out, he's grounded out to the third baseman twice. He's 0-for-four. And that doesn't happen very often either. He hit 41 homers during the regular season.

Good speed on the bases. Eckstein at second, Edmonds at first. 2 on, 2 out, Houston leads four to two. 9th inning action.

The pitch to Albert.....swing and a miss! He went after the curve and he was fooled.

Burke deep in left center, Tavares pulled over in right center. Lane pacing in his right field position.

Albert digs back in. Open stance, deep in the box. Bends at the uh, knees. Holds it down on the end. Lidge is ready. With 2 on and 2 out, here's the 0-1 pitch. It's coming....

Swing and a long one! There it is baby, the Cardinals take the lead as Albert Pujols comes through in the pinch and the Redbirds lead this baby 5-4! What did I tell ya folks? David Eckstein The Man. This could be a CRUSHING BLOW, A CRUSHING BLOW to this Houston club!! Albert Pujols, you talk about a Most Valuable Player, how is that baby??!! Whoo!!! That thing left the ballpark in a hurry. A 3 run home run and the Cardinals lead 5-4!!
                    [/b][/quote]
                    I fucking love that call. It gave me chills last night, it gave me chills this morning, and it just gave me chills again.
                    --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
                    --Suck it cubbies.
                    --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

QUOTE(steveInebriated @ Oct 18 2005, 10:50 AM) Quoted post

Moon
                      [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                      I would have enjoyed "Look out, faggoty crawford boxes... that's a REAL home run. Choo-choo that, bitches!"
                      [/b][/quote]

I'm buying everyone on the Lounge a beer if Shannon ever says "faggoty" and "bitches" on the air [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
                      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
                      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
                      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
                      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

QUOTE(Blues Fan in SF @ Oct 18 2005, 01:03 PM) Quoted post
                        QUOTE(steveInebriated @ Oct 18 2005, 10:50 AM) Quoted post

Moon
                        [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                        [/b][/quote]

I'm buying everyone on the Lounge a beer if Shannon ever says "faggoty" and "bitches" on the air [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] [/b][/quote]
                        You're on, asshole.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

QUOTE(kennyboyerfan @ Oct 18 2005, 01:01 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(lasvegasreb @ Oct 18 2005, 11:56 AM) Quoted post

Moon
                          [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I was joking about the choo-choo call. I definitely don't expect Shannon to be Jack. Mike's great in great moments. The only thing that bugs me is when he forgets to say what's going on the field because he's selling tickets to the next homestand.
                          [/b][/quote]

Isn't that the singular Mike Shannon moment, though? You hear the glove popping several times while he's off talking about Willie McCovey.

MLB.com needs to find a way to transplant the audio from the radio to the visuals of the TV. The respite from the Two Stooges has been heavenly.
                          The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

I was not near a tv during the ninth so I had the radio on.

As soon as Albert hit it I still held my breath waiting for it to fall short on the warning track.

He said it was gone as soon as it hit the bat and I knew it was too soon, a typical overreaction by Mike, his exaggeration was going to piss me off.

And I waited.

And then he talked about how far it went and I was happy as hell. I could not wait to see the highlight to see if it barely cleared the wall, which I still figured it did since I knew Mike was loaded.

For once, he got it right about the distnace it cleared.

Shannon gave me chills.
                            Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Terrible, inarticulate call by the worst announcer in Cardinal history. Awful and unmemorable. He's from CBC, what can we expect?

Comment

Working...
                              X