Pettitte is Overrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pettitte is Overrated

I know this is only 1 game, and his 1st game of the season, but it didn't change my mind that Pettitte is OVERRATED!! Sucks that he doesn't have the same run support he had with the Yanks huh?

Pettitte is an ordinary regular season pitcher. But he lives for October.

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Apr 6 2004, 10:18 PM
      Pettitte is an ordinary regular season pitcher. But he lives for October.
      Which is the exact opposite of the Astros.
      Official Lounge Sponsor of:
      MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
      The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Eh, his postseason ERA is higher than his regular season ERA. You can attribute that to better competition possibly, but he isn't Mr. Automatic in October like people make him out to be. I fully expect his ERA to be in the 4.25-4.5 range in Houston this year.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/p/pettian01.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel+Apr 6 2004, 10:20 PM-->
          QUOTE (BringBackZezel @ Apr 6 2004, 10:20 PM)

totally agree. people made a bigger deal out of the stros getting petitte than needed be. he's not an ace, but you woulda thought he was cy young material the way people talked him up over the winter.
          Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

Are we going to get a thread from Tulclown each night Houston loses?

Is Clemens overrated?
            Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

The asshat will post it on every message board on which his pencildick is registered.
              And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Apr 6 2004, 11:26 PM
                The asshat will post it on every message board on which his pencildick is registered.
                He already did it.........check out the PB and Cards Talk

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Apr 6 2004, 10:26 PM
                  I can see it now.

Brett Tomko World Series Hero.

Is he underrated, tully?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbone@Apr 6 2004, 09:20 PM
                    Eh, his postseason ERA is higher than his regular season ERA. You can attribute that to better competition possibly, but he isn't Mr. Automatic in October like people make him out to be. I fully expect his ERA to be in the 4.25-4.5 range in Houston this year.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/p/pettian01.shtml
                    Yeah, he's had some bad playoff starts. Game 6 of the 2001 World Series immediately comes to mind.

But I'd be willing to bet that if Joe Torre could pick any pitcher he's managed in New York to pitch one do-or-die game, he'd take Pettitte. And given the amount of success the Yankees have had under Torre, that says a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar+Apr 6 2004, 11:30 PM-->
                      QUOTE (devaskar @ Apr 6 2004, 11:30 PM)

As over-rated as he may be...

Dont you think he may be better than Matt Morris?? Jason Marquis and Woody??

Over-rated...that's Matty Mo.

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Apr 6 2004, 10:26 PM
                        you still wackin it to that picture of La Russa bringing in Tabaka?

I posted it at all of the threads, because I wanted it to be known Pettitte is overrated, assfucker...first time i've used that word.
                        damtoft,
                        well, shit, you seem to be following me around all the place, even here. is this becoming stalker related???

jack,
                        no...just everytime Pettitte loses, so he can finally prove every reporter out there how he won't bring this team what they've never had before.
                        Clemens is no longer the pitcher he once was, so yes...his signing with the Astros was also overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Tulcardsfan27@Apr 6 2004, 11:19 PM
                          damtoft,
                          well, shit, you seem to be following me around all the place, even here. is this becoming stalker related???
                          Uhhhhhhhh, you just got here and dont have 50 posts yet.

I think JD was here first.........

barely.

Wang, show TUL what he has won.......cue pic now...

Comment

• Working...
                            X