Astros celebrating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astros celebrating

Walker and Edmonds and maybe some other Cardinal players were talking about a couple of Astros actually dancing in the dugout in the ninth inning. Anybody here know who they are? Anybody figure we can get Ernie Hays to play "Dancing in the Dark" when they come to bat tomorrow night?
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    --Albert Einstein

One was Backe because he had a mic on him and they were showing him like a giddy little girl.
    Sponsor of:
    Brian Elliott
    Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
    5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

What? No audio of Backe getting kicked straight in the nutsack by Pujols?

How disappointing.

Comment

QUOTE(Guppy @ Oct 18 2005, 10:20 AM) Quoted post

One was Backe because he had a mic on him and they were showing him like a giddy little girl.
        [/b][/quote]
        Yeah, Backe was extremely giddy with delight....and that's not to mention how they reacted when they won on Sunday, too....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
        Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
        -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

It's not really fair to ask for anything else in this series, but please, God, give the Cardinals another chance to light this little punk up.
          "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
          --Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeah, one of them I am pretty sure was Backe. From what I saw he seemed to be the most animated.
            “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 18 2005, 10:21 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
              Yeah, Backe was extremely giddy with delight....and that's not to mention how they reacted when they won on Sunday, too....
              [/b][/quote]
              I heard him talk the other day. What a bumblefuck.
              Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Vizcaiano appeared to be whooping it up pretty good. You see how quickly he sits down in the Pettitte reaction shot?
                --Albert Einstein

Comment

I think I said it in another thread already but, there's a reason the Astros had their big on field cvelebration on Sunday night [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
                  Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

I dont fault them for how they celebrated Sunday. It was a roller coaster ride of a game, a huge game to win or lose for either side.

And they didnt celebrate till they won, unlike last night.
                    “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

I also said "Oh My God" though I'm sure it was in a different tone of voice than Pettitte's.
                      His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
                      Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Does anyone have any video of the Stros dugout immediately before the homerun and then immediately after? It has got to be classic.
                        "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

QUOTE(kennyboyerfan @ Oct 18 2005, 10:22 AM) Quoted post

Vizcaiano appeared to be whooping it up pretty good. You see how quickly he sits down in the Pettitte reaction shot?
                          [/b][/quote]
                          Striking, too, was Oswalts reaction.

Sitting to the right of Pettitte during that now infamous "Oh, my gosh" reaction was a totally stoic, seed-eating Oswalt. Never flinched a limb or batted an eye.

It's almost as if he wasn't a bit surprised.
                          "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

It probably helps those boys a bit to get a day off.

Imagine trying to play today (like the Cards in 1985 Game #7)
                            And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

QUOTE(cardinalgirl @ Oct 18 2005, 10:22 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 18 2005, 10:21 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                              [/b][/quote]
                              I heard him talk the other day. What a bumblefuck.
                              [/b][/quote]

No one is worse than Ensberg i think. He's a dweeb.

Comment

Working...
                              X