X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston Chronicle front page

Dude. Can. Fly.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/roll2.gif[/img]

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

sweet
      Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Steve Brisker said he almost had a heart attack when Albert Pujols' smacked his three-run homer that caused the Astros to lose Game 5.

“I’m scared to death now,” he said. “I was believing until he pitched to Pujols.”
        .[/b][/quote]

Marcos Stocco said he felt like he was punched in the stomach when Albert Pujols' three-run homer off Brad Lidge cost the Astros Game 5.

“There’s a couple times in history when you can look to that stomach punch feeling that we’re feeling right now and you know it’s very difficult to recover from that.”

He doesn’t understand why Houston teams always seem to come close to winning big only to blow it in the end.

“I feel like we were one pitch away when he had two strikes on David Eckstein and the sheer feeling from being that close to now is awful.”
        [/b][/quote]

Kevin Olshovsky said it looked like a funeral outside Minute Maid Park Monday night.

Olshovsky said he was expecting to spend the night celebrating an Astros victory.

“It’s like a funeral,” he said. “Everyone is leaving quiet, so we’re headed home.”[/b][/quote]
        But wait. There is something that can be done afterall. My good friend Angelo is a cop in the Tampa/Clearwater area. Since I kept all of the files from the access logs when I had the power to see them, guess what, I have everyone's IP addresses. Hmm..what can I do w/ those??

Comment

Did that bus driver attempt to put his passengers out of their misery after they all found out the Astros lost?

Comment

Hurricane Albert, bitches.
            Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

The game last night reminded me a whole lot of the Cubs-Marlins game two years ago when Bartman caught the foul ball.
              “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/w00t.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/whistling.gif[/img]
                Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Houston announcers' call of home run - hilarious

Spanish announcers' call - awesome

Shannon's call ...
                  Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

The Spanish-speaking announcers had the best call by a long shot.
                    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

Comment

QUOTE(dvyyyyyy @ Oct 18 2005, 09:48 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                      Category
                      Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

"Lights-Out-Lidge Lit Up."

Moon

Comment

QUOTE(dvyyyyyy @ Oct 18 2005, 10:25 AM) Quoted post

Houston announcers' call of home run - hilarious

Spanish announcers' call - awesome

Shannon's call ...
                          [/b][/quote]

"If that ball ever came down, it would be way beyond that (412) "

"This crowd is limp....and I'm joining them."

These announcers make me laugh sometimes. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Houston announcers' call of home run - hilarious[/b][/quote]

What did they say?

Comment

QUOTE(cardinalgirl @ Oct 18 2005, 10:42 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(dvyyyyyy @ Oct 18 2005, 09:48 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                              Category
                              [/b][/quote]

++++++++ [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
                              RIP Stan the Man
                              The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
                              I miss TLR!

Comment

Working...
                              X