Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We're Coming Home, Cardinals Fans. We're coming home!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're Coming Home, Cardinals Fans. We're coming home!!!

C'mon, everybody, let's hear it!!!!
    "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

What the hell was that? Did that really happen?
    Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

This is awesome, but it's still an uphill climb. Don't forget Morris in a potential game 7. But we have to believe. Maybe the offense is fired up now.
      "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

Seriously, did that actually happen? I remember the Cardinals had the bases empty and were down to their last strike against Brad Lidge, who has owned their asses forever. Then, it all gets hazy.
        Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

QUOTE(kah @ Oct 17 2005, 10:25 PM) Quoted post

Seriously, did that actually happen? I remember the Cardinals had the bases empty and were down to their last strike against Brad Lidge, who has owned their asses forever. Then, it all gets hazy.
          [/b][/quote]

++
          You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

You're the man of the moment, Groove. Well, you and Albert and Eck.

Great job.
            Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law ~

A.C.

Comment

Eckstein was down 1-2...and I thought, "He won't strike out...but can he get a hit?"

Sweet...hanging on by a thread...

Then, Edmonds...and I'm thinking "Hero or goat...Jim either belts one and we get extra frames, or he goes down cooling the air in Minute Maid..."

Then...holy shit...ball four?

Albert?

And he swings and there's no doubt...nevermind Minute Maid...that ball is leaving Yellowstone...

And I see Pettitte: "Oh my God"....

And we're going home...still down 3-2...but back to Busch...back to give it a fitting farewell...

And we have slowly but surely busted into Lidge's psyche...he's human...he's not infallible...

In the words of Jimmy V..."Never give up...don't ever give up"...
              " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

One of the best all-time moments in Cardinal history.

Rolen's Game 7 home run last year was better I guess, but this is pretty close, considering the dire situation we were in.

2 outs with no one on base?

Unbelievable.

That thing was just a bomb.

Comment

The beautiful part of this is that we're in a similar position to last year. I would say "the same" as last year, but one advantage for this year is that we actually have the momentum.
                  Of course you do.

Comment

QUOTE(kah @ Oct 17 2005, 11:25 PM) Quoted post
                    Seriously, did that actually happen? I remember the Cardinals had the bases empty and were down to their last strike against Brad Lidge, who has owned their asses forever. Then, it all gets hazy. [/b][/quote]

The legend of Albert Pujols grows.
                    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
                    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

I like our chances a lot better winning the game the way we did instead of Carp pitching us to a 2-1 victory. A loss like this is simply devastating to a team.

I mean, look at what happened to the Angels after the blown call in game 2 of the ALCS - they were never the same after that.

I'm not saying that this *will* happen and the Cards will win the next two. But I like our chances more now than I would have winning 2-1.

And certainly a lot more than after losing 4-2..... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
                      Official sponsor of: Pepsi Zero Sugar and Jordan Almonds.

Comment

It's just too good to believe.

Let's win these next two and give Cubs fans everywhere a real freaking dilemma. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Its going to be tough, but we have just as good of a chance of beating Houston these next couple of games, because their offense has been just as wretched as ours....and now we got our home support.

I like the Mulder v. Oswalt matchup. Game 7 should be all hands on deck for the Cardinals pitchers, and anything could happen.

Comment

Has anyone invoked the names of Dave Henderson or Donnie Moore yet?
                            Of course you do.

Comment

QUOTE(bombay @ Oct 17 2005, 11:27 PM) Quoted post

You're the man of the moment, Groove. Well, you and Albert and Eck.

Great job.
                              [/b][/quote]
                              I'm nothing more than the silent, supportive "mate" behind the men doing the job.[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

And I'd rather be lucky than good.

Who are we kidding...Like I had a damn thing to do with it. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
                              "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                              X