Why Not Start Suppan in Game 7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Not Start Suppan in Game 7?

I'd rather have Suppan pitching on 3 days' rest than Morris on any number of days' rest. Suppan pitched good enough to get the team a win last night, and I think he'd be ready for Game 7, since he only pitched 5 innings. And who knows, Carp could be able to pitch an inning or two on 2 days' rest. Anything to avoid Morris going in Game 7.

Yes, there will be a Game 7. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

You know, after beating San Diego, I was thinking the rotation should have been Carpenter-Morris-Mulder-Suppan. That would give us Mulder in Game 7 instead of Morris, give Carpenter two days of rest if needed out of the bullpen in Game 7, and prevent Morris from pitching on the road, where he seems much less comfortable (I don't know if this is statistically true in 2005 or not though).

But at this point, let's worry about Game 5. TLR has to manage every game like it's Game 7 at this point and can't worry about the next game until he gets there.

Comment

QUOTE(devaskar @ Oct 17 2005, 07:32 PM) Quoted post

But at this point, let's worry about Game 5. TLR has to manage every game like it's Game 7 at this point and can't worry about the next game until he gets there.
      [/b][/quote]
      ++

Cross that bridge when we come to it.

But Morris does scare me in an elimination game.
      Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
      "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Working...
      X