if the Astros win tonight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if the Astros win tonight...

will Cardinal fans - as a whole - see this as a series that the Astros won with hard play, opportune hitting, and dominant pitching?

i doubt it...
    life begins in march, ends in october, and the resurrection occurs in a hot stove

\"IPB
    \"IPB

Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    Morgan Ensberg & Lance Berkman
    Dr. Pepper
    all things Calvin & Hobbes

If the Asstros win the NLCS, I'll be the biggest White Sox fan in Iowa.

Comment

Fuck you and the bandwagon you jumped on...
      I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

QUOTE(nschneid @ Oct 17 2005, 03:26 PM) Quoted post

will Cardinal fans - as a whole - see this as a series that the Astros won with hard play, opportune hitting, and dominant pitching?

i doubt it...
        [/b][/quote]
        I would....you would've beaten them fair and square...that doesn't mean I hafta like it [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
        Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
        -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 17 2005, 02:33 PM) Quoted post

i doubt it...
          [/b][/quote]
          I would....you would've beaten them fair and square...that doesn't mean I hafta like it [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
          [/b][/quote]

Agreed. Nor do I hafta like the awful wild card system.
          Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

i doubt it...
            [/b][/quote]

You're wrong Skippy.

I won't be rooting for them but I'll acknowledge that they beat us.
            Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

This is cute. The Astros have opportune hitting and dominant pitching adding up to two 1-run games.

Will Astros fans - as a whole - see this series as one won by the Astros barely beating the shittiest play the Cards have gone through all year?

I doubt it.
              The noise was good, but I thought they phoned in a lot of the funk.

Co-Sponsor of Yadi Molina, possessor of the best waxed eyebrows in the league.

Sponsor of steveInebriated and fetcher of cold beer.

Comment

i doubt it...
                [/b][/quote]
                If the Cardinals don't win the NLCS, it is because they let the Asstros outplay them. No other excuse. The Cardinals are a better team than the Asstros, but they need to start playing like the better team. They will do that tonight though. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
                Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
                Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
                Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
                Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
                NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
                LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

Your hitting hasn't been all that opportune either. And if they do advance, I'll be rooting for the White Sox like I did for the Marlins in 2003.

Comment

will Cardinal fans - as a whole - see this as a series that the Astros won with hard play, opportune hitting, and dominant pitching?[/b][/quote]

So far you've done what you've needed to do to win. We, in turn, have done next to nothing right beyond starting pitching. So far, you totally deserve it, and we most assuredly do not.

But if my team were 2-31 with RISP, I think I'd go a little easier on the crowing. Try that for four games in the next series and let me know how that turns out.

Comment

Probably, but the White Sox will rape you left and right and in every hole too....plus give you a reach around.
                      Sponsor of:
                      Brian Elliott
                      Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
                      5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

QUOTE(Iowa_Card @ Oct 17 2005, 03:32 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Same here, but in MO. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE(davhaf @ Oct 17 2005, 04:33 PM) Quoted post

Fuck you and the bandwagon you jumped on...
                          [/b][/quote]
                          been on the wagon since I moved to Houston in '84...

when I was 2 years old

QUOTE(gibsongirl @ Oct 17 2005, 04:36 PM) Quoted post

This is cute. The Astros have opportune hitting and dominant pitching adding up to two 1-run games.

Will Astros fans - as a whole - see this series as one won by the Astros barely beating the shittiest play the Cards have gone through all year?

I doubt it.
                          [/b][/quote]
                          i have been completely surprised by how poorly the Cardinals have played in this series. i really thought the Astros would be on the other end of a 3-1 deficit. but the Astros pitchers (outside of Pettitte's Game 1 start) have stifled the Cards' offense completely, holding them to 5 runs total in the last 3 games.

do you need me to look up the word "dominant" for you?
                          life begins in march, ends in october, and the resurrection occurs in a hot stove

\"IPB
                          \"IPB

Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                          Morgan Ensberg & Lance Berkman
                          Dr. Pepper
                          all things Calvin & Hobbes

Comment

I think if the Astros win the series then they should be congratulated.

They made timely hits and played good baseball. They deserve to go to the World Series.

The Cards couldn't hit Astros pitching and didn't play very good baseball.

If the Cards were to come back and win the series what would you say about the Astros and Cards?

Comment

QUOTE(#1 Jimmy fan @ Oct 17 2005, 03:43 PM) Quoted post
                              QUOTE(Iowa_Card @ Oct 17 2005, 03:32 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Same here, but in MO. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [/b][/quote]

My opinion of the Asstros changed when I saw Lane's takeout slide of Nunez.

Biggio and Bagwell don't condone that shit.

Comment

Working...
                              X