• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sen. Edward Kennedy Helps Rescue Fishermen

Sen. Edward Kennedy Helps Rescue Fishermen
    The Associated Press
    Monday, October 17, 2005; 2:24 AM

HYANNIS, Mass. -- U.S. Sen. Edward Kennedy attempted to rescue six men who had become trapped by high tide on a jetty off Hyannisport on Sunday.

The Massachusetts Democrat eventually left the rescue to Hyannis firefighters, The Cape Cod Times reported Monday.

Kennedy was walking his two dogs on the shore at 11:15 a.m. when he spotted the men cut off from shore by the rising waters. They had been fishing on a jetty that begins at the tip of the Kennedy compound.

Tides had risen over the patchy rocks, which made it difficult to walk back to shore.

Kennedy and a friend tried to rescue the men using a 13-foot boat but rough waters forced them back.

A crew from the Hyannis Fire Department picked them up. The men, in their 20s, were not identified. They were brought to Cape Cod Hospital with mild hypothermia.

He's growing in office.
    And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

at first, I thought the headline "Sen. Edward Kennedy Helps Rescue Fishermen" would mean that he helped in the rescue. He and Sean Penn should do a documentary.

Comment

Sean will bring the bailing Dixie Cups
        And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Hope those fisherman didn't let Teddy drive them home after the rescue.

And, by the way, where the F was Nomar?
          "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
          --Albert Einstein

Comment

Making up for Mary Jo?

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
            Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
            -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

QUOTE(kennyboyerfan @ Oct 17 2005, 10:36 AM) Quoted post

Hope those fisherman didn't let Teddy drive them home after the rescue.

And, by the way, where the F was Nomar?
              [/b][/quote]

I knew this would be a great thread to start.. there are so many possibilities! Mary Jo, Nomar, Sean Penn, creative headlines, etc.

Comment

Teddy: "I remembered I can't swim."
                "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                --Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X