I say start So in LF tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I say start So in LF tonight

Reggie ain't well enough to help the team. So has good at-bats and may have at least given us a sac fly yesterday. Start him in the 2 spot tonight, drop Edmonds to #5. Walker actually looked a little better yesterday.

I'm foolishly optimistic about tonight. Carp will get it done, and the bats will finally wake up... maybe.
    "At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed."
    – Frederick Douglass, doing an amazing job since 1852

Gooch Power!

Moon

Comment

I would have loved to have seen So pinch-hitting for Mabry last night. No way they were going to replace a lefty with a righty, but he's one guy on the team who seems to be able to make contact.
      "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
      --Albert Einstein

Comment

J-Rod. He has had terrific at-bats in this series.

He walks to the plate in the most crucial of situations last night, already facing a 3-2 count, and hits the ball 420 feet.

I'd like to see him in the two slot.

Comment

QUOTE(kconn @ Oct 17 2005, 08:49 AM) Quoted post

He walks to the plate in the most crucial of situations last night, already facing a 3-2 count, and hits the ball 420 feet.

[/b][/quote]

Strange that the guy who plays his reserves all year long won't do it when he needs them most.
          And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

QUOTE(Damtoft @ Oct 17 2005, 09:01 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Strange that the guy who plays his reserves all year long won't do it when he needs them most.
            [/b][/quote]

To be fair, most of the time he played his reserves because his regulars were hurt.
            Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

His regulars are still hurt.

But, he's playing them anyway.
              And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

Comment

No doubt. I wouldn't mind seeing So in LF tonight. Wouldn't break my heart to sit Walker down either.

Shake things up.
                Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

I wouldn't mind having J-Rod or So in the outfield tonight. The only thing tha concerns me about J-Rod though is his tendancy to get pick off when he is on the base path.

Comment

QUOTE(BLUUES7 @ Oct 17 2005, 10:29 AM) Quoted post

I wouldn't mind having J-Rod or So in the outfield tonight. The only thing tha concerns me about J-Rod though is his tendancy to get pick off when he is on the base path.
                    [/b][/quote]

That would put us ahead of where we are now, where we don't have anybody ON the base path.

Comment

QUOTE(kconn @ Oct 17 2005, 09:30 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(BLUUES7 @ Oct 17 2005, 10:29 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

That would put us ahead of where we are now, where we don't have anybody ON the base path.
                      [/b][/quote]

Good Point!!!!!

Comment

QUOTE(Damtoft @ Oct 17 2005, 08:01 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                        Didn't you coin the phrase "So Sucks So Bad"? Now you want TLR to play him?

You ONLY come out when the team is losing. Guess that's why we haven't seen much of you the last couple of years.

That said, I do agree with you. So should have been in there in place of Walker yesterday.

Comment

QUOTE(Damtoft @ Oct 17 2005, 08:09 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

++

Just like starting Morris in Game 3....TLR sticks with his veterans, no matter what. I kept saying it would be great to do something bold like putting Anthony Reyes in the bullpen. Electric fastball, unknown quality, throws strikes...maybe he'd be like F-Rod was for the Angels a few years ago. Nope. Gotta stick with Tavarez, who has been very bad for at least a month. Gotta keep Eldred on the roster, but Tony never seems confident enough to actually put him in a game.
                          "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                          --Albert Einstein

Comment

QUOTE(YYZ @ Oct 17 2005, 08:42 AM) Quoted post

Reggie ain't well enough to help the team. So has good at-bats and may have at least given us a sac fly yesterday. Start him in the 2 spot tonight, drop Edmonds to #5. Walker actually looked a little better yesterday.

I'm foolishly optimistic about tonight. Carp will get it done, and the bats will finally wake up... maybe.
                            [/b][/quote]

Good Point, but I would start him in right and sit Walker down. Leftie on the mound for the Asstros, start So and have Reggie there. Johnny Rod is showing patience at the plate, I would have him ready in case Reggie doesn't look right.
                            I'm here until I'm gone, then I'm somewhere else!

Comment

QUOTE(kennyboyerfan @ Oct 17 2005, 09:45 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Damtoft @ Oct 17 2005, 08:09 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

++

Just like starting Morris in Game 3....TLR sticks with his veterans, no matter what. I kept saying it would be great to do something bold like putting Anthony Reyes in the bullpen. Electric fastball, unknown quality, throws strikes...maybe he'd be like F-Rod was for the Angels a few years ago. Nope. Gotta stick with Tavarez, who has been very bad for at least a month. Gotta keep Eldred on the roster, but Tony never seems confident enough to actually put him in a game.
                              [/b][/quote]

Wouldn't want to "show those guys up".

Comment

Working...
                              X