Playoff rotation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoff rotation?

I'm pissed at this rotation that "Sphincter Boy" Tony set up!

I knew we'd have problems in Houston, that said we NEEDED games 1&2.

My rotation would've been this way:

1. Carpenter
    2. Suppan
    3. Mulder
    4. Morris
    5. Carpenter
    6. Suppan
    7. Mulder.

Suppan hadn't pitched since sept. 25! That makes Tony a total dumb fuck.

I applaud Suppan for doing a great job, all things considered.

If there was going to be a chance for a Mulder loss, I'd have rather seen it in Houston, and besides, he's gone stride for stride with Clemens...Has Morris?

I think TLR has bungholed the whole thing, and now, I think he knows it and is sufferring from a permanently clenched sphincter!

I'd have taken my chances with Mulder in Game 7. Bottom line, we needed to ensure that we could get it back to St. Louis, and now I'm not sure that we can.

Fire away!

umm did you see Mulder's line?

Suppan was not going to hit any better in game 2. I mean really what would the 3 days less rest have done for Suppan or the team. Nothing.

This series has nothing to do with Cardinal Pitching and everything to do with attitude ad effort by positional players.

The pitching staff has lived up to it's end of the bargain. Plain and simple
    Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

QUOTE(lazydaze @ Oct 17 2005, 07:31 AM) Quoted post
      The pitching staff has lived up to it's end of the bargain. Plain and simple [/b][/quote]

++

Even Morris didn't have a bad start. I'd take that type of start anytime.

If only Matt and Soup hit like Albert.

Comment

++

how you can complain about the pitching is beyond me. the pitching has been more than good enough to win this series. even Matty Mo pitched a good game.

our offense isn't getting it done, and that's it.
        Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

QUOTE(lazydaze @ Oct 17 2005, 07:31 AM) Quoted post

umm did you see Mulder's line?

Suppan was not going to hit any better in game 2. I mean really what would the 3 days less rest have done for Suppan or the team. Nothing.

This series has nothing to do with Cardinal Pitching and everything to do with attitude ad effort by positional players.

The pitching staff has lived up to it's end of the bargain. Plain and simple
          [/b][/quote]

Well, you're right about the hitters...., and I'm just pissed, but I really just haven't been impressed with Mulder from day 1. To me, his season this year was a lot like Matt Morris in 2004. Most of the time I saw him pitch, he looked like shit, and at season's end, he wound up with 15-16 wins, and it's like how the hell did that happen?

I realize that the bullpen & lineup helps with holds, saves, & come from behind victories, but man....

I know Walt will pick up the option, but as far as 2007? I don't know, & Mulder being a lefty adds to the price.

That being said, I'd rather take chances with him in game 7....I'm just disgusted!

Comment

Man, we are all disgusted Jack. Hell, I'm embarrassed.

But, I'd take this same pitching staff next year. Based on results and moxy, it seems we can better improve our team focusing on other areas.

Comment

QUOTE(lazydaze @ Oct 17 2005, 07:47 AM) Quoted post

Man, we are all disgusted Jack. Hell, I'm embarrassed.

But, I'd take this same pitching staff next year. Based on results and moxy, it seems we can better improve our team focusing on other areas.
              [/b][/quote]

Set up the same way?

I've gotta leave for work...

Have a great day, guys & gals.

Comment

Set up the same way?[/b][/quote]

Sure, I can't fathom a reason why not. So far It worked out great. Every match-up gave us an excellent chance to win.

Who better than Carpenter if down 3-1? No way to hold Mulder back for game 7 now. He has to throw game 6. It's a must win. In retrospect, If your hitters are not gonna show up, this is exactly how you would want it set up.

Comment

4 games. The Astros have scored what a whopping 12 runs?

Ain't the pitching that is losing this series.
                  Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

QUOTE(lazydaze @ Oct 17 2005, 08:03 AM) Quoted post
                    If your hitters are not gonna show up, this is exactly how you would want it set up.[/b][/quote]
                    ++

If you include Marquis' three innings yesterday, Cards starters since Game 1 have thrown 21 innings and given up 5 earned runs.

A week ago, everyone on this Board would have taken those numbers and felt certain that at least two of those three games would be wins (if not all three).

Some of the hitters have become automatic outs.

Comment

Oh, the despair in my heart at watching John Mabry step up to the plate.

Moon

Comment

I feel sick, and it ain't the Corona I guzzled like a parched fish last night.
                        His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
                        Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

How does the pitching rotation improve a 5-runs in 4-games situation? The pitching has been much better than I expected.
                          No president wants war. Everything you may have heard is that, but it's just simply not true
                          President George W. Bush, March 21, 2006

I'm a war president
                          President George W. Bush, February 8, 2004

Comment

I have a personal rule in any sport, if your linchpin lets up only 1 score, you had better win that game.

If you have this supposedly incredibly proficient offence like the Cardinals do, you had damned well better do it. I don't care if they bring out Bob Gibson, Cy Young, Nolan Ryan, etc. you had better win.

But not scoring more than a run or two?
                            You don't deserve to play on the same field, much less win a game or a series.
                            "Whaddya mean I hurt your feelings?"
                            "I didn't know you
                            had any feelings"

Comment

Walker and Sanders are hurt. I have to believe that there is something physically wrong with Edmonds as well. Apparently, this team is now reduced to 'Pujols and a bunch of guys.' In the playoffs, your best players have to get the job done, and these guys aren't doing it. I don't expect Nunez, Grudz, or Molina to pick it up. Not having Rolen hurts us in the playoffs once again.

Moon

Comment

Working...
                              X