Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherron Collins commits to Kansas

Suntimes Article

Nothing is over until the kid sends in a LOI, but this has got to hurt Weber. I feel bad for the guy -- he's a good coach, but just can't seem to ink his most desired targets yet. He'll get there and he's got a great class coming in already.

Still...I'm pumped this kid is coming to KU. Our backcourt will look scary next year if Chalmers and Russel Robinson are still around.

Edit: Moon Man is a bitch.
    On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?

Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

Sharon? They signed a girl?

And what is 'pumed?' I think you meant to write 'pubed.'

Moon

Comment

QUOTE(Moon Man @ Oct 17 2005, 07:49 AM) Quoted post

Sharon? They signed a girl?

And what is 'pumed?' I think you meant to write 'pubed.'

Moon
      [/b][/quote]
      Perhaps "pumed" is something that happens to people who wear penny loafers.

Comment

Bruce Weber took the team to the national championship...yet kids still want to play for Bill Self. Doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

Comment

QUOTE(GloveSaveandaBeauty @ Oct 17 2005, 07:24 PM) Quoted post

Bruce Weber took the team to the national championship...yet kids still want to play for Bill Self. Doesn't make a lick of sense to me.
          [/b][/quote]

Bruce Weber didn't recruit those players. He had a full cupboard.

Recruiting is just as, if not more important, than coaching in college basketball imo. Dean Smith was a great coach AND the best recruiter in history. Bill Guthridge was a good coach, but didn't have the recruiting skills (nor name) of Dean, and left the team dry for Matt Doherty (who recruited May, Felton, and McCants himself...he got a raw deal).

You need both aspects to succeed, and while Weber may be a great coach, all indications and rumors are that is a he a subpar recruiter.
          Official Sponsor: Tyler Hansbrough and the North Carolina Tar Heels

Comment

QUOTE(TarHeelBlues @ Oct 17 2005, 06:28 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Recruiting is just as, if not more important, than coaching in college basketball imo. Dean Smith was a great coach AND the best recruiter in history. Bill Guthridge was a good coach, but didn't have the recruiting skills (nor name) of Dean, and left the team dry for Matt Doherty (who recruited May, Felton, and McCants himself...he got a raw deal).

You need both aspects to succeed, and while Weber may be a great coach, all indications and rumors are that is a he a subpar recruiter.
            [/b][/quote]
            Well, I hope Collins is ready to play on another underachieving Bill Self team.

Comment

QUOTE(GloveSaveandaBeauty @ Oct 17 2005, 06:32 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
              Well, I hope Collins is ready to play on another underachieving Bill Self team.
              [/b][/quote]

Uh, OK. Whatever.

Some of you Illini fans are the most shortsighted folks I've ever seen. And silly too.
              On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?

Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

Comment

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

No shit man.

Great fucking insight.

Of course, when you have a built-in program, it does the recruiting for you.

Ask your boy Doherty.
                When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

QUOTE(WinstonSmith @ Oct 17 2005, 08:28 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

No shit man.

Great fucking insight.

Ask your boy Doherty.
                  [/b][/quote]

You would think that a National Championship appearance would do something to sway some recruits. Apparently not for Illinois. That's the point I was making.

And go fuck yourself. And Lance Berkman while you're at it.
                  Official Sponsor: Tyler Hansbrough and the North Carolina Tar Heels

Comment

QUOTE(WinstonSmith @ Oct 17 2005, 07:28 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

No shit man.

Great fucking insight.

Ask your boy Doherty.
                    [/b][/quote]

I don't understand why Illini fans persist in arguing that they are at a recruiting disadvantage. Only New York, North Carolina, California, and Indiana produce more high quality talent than Illinois. Honestly, aren't you guys waiting for your coach -- any coach -- to finally lock down the city of Chicago?

On a more positive note, why is it that Weber has difficulty signing these folks? He's had a ton of success in both of his D1 jobs and is clearly a good coach. Is he so painfully bad in the room that he can't sway these guys? If so, he needs to get a pretty good recruiting assistant coach right now. I'd hate to see him fail.

One piece of good news coming from this -- Derrick Rose has got to be an Illini lean now.

Comment

Working...
                    X