I don't know why, but I'm suddenly pessimistic about tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know why, but I'm suddenly pessimistic about tomorrow

Its kinda strange. Its like one of those things that keeps kicking you in the nuts and you can't do anything about it because you know it's not going to stop.

I know we have looked pretty pathetic the last three games, but I now know that there is no hope we'll pull this off. I've changed my mind thinking that the cardinals can win.

If we lose tomorrow, then I think we have just as good of a chance of getting a new manager as we should have last year, regardless of who's our general manager or ownership team.

The reason being is that I think the astros are going push extra hard to win at home in their park. They are going to make it tough, and they are going to FORCE those the cardinals to keep rolling over and giving up as they have the last three games.

Houston has played well so far regardless of our play. WHEN they win tomorrow, then they just played better end of story, and you wish them the best considering some of the better veterans on their team, Biggio and Bagwell who couldn't suck Jim Edmonds dick for free.

Count me in as counting them out I have this feeling. Maybe it is the Red Baron's Pizza from dinner, or maybe it is something else like crabs or my medicinal use of permanent markers. Either way, it feels pretty good to get this out.

QUOTE(pgrote @ Oct 16 2005, 11:13 PM) Quoted post
    Its kinda strange. Its like one of those things that keeps kicking you in the nuts and you can't do anything about it because you know it's not going to stop.

I know we have looked pretty pathetic the last three games, but I now know that there is no hope we'll pull this off. I've changed my mind thinking that the cardinals can win.

If we lose tomorrow, then I think we have just as good of a chance of getting a new manager as we should have last year, regardless of who's our general manager or ownership team.

The reason being is that I think the astros are going push extra hard to win at home in their park. They are going to make it tough, and they are going to FORCE those the cardinals to keep rolling over and giving up as they have the last three games.

Houston has played well so far regardless of our play. WHEN they win tomorrow, then they just played better end of story, and you wish them the best considering some of the better veterans on their team, Biggio and Bagwell who couldn't suck Jim Edmonds dick for free.

Count me in as counting them out I have this feeling. Maybe it is the Red Baron's Pizza from dinner, or maybe it is something else like crabs or my medicinal use of permanent markers. Either way, it feels pretty good to get this out. [/b][/quote]

There is no defeat is pessimistic..but, there is a PEST. We need to jump on Pettitties like Gonzo on a double whopper.

I dont hold out much hope, either. I pray that if we are going to lose this series, we do so tomorrow and not at Busch. But, as pessimistic as I am now..there is still a very, very shimmer of hope left in me. Maybe it's just heartburn...

Comment

Too much fried {insert obscure asian meal}?

Yep. If we lose it best to do it in Houston.

Comment

QUOTE(pgrote @ Oct 16 2005, 11:24 PM) Quoted post
        Too much fried {insert obscure asian meal}?

Yep. If we lose it best to do it in Houston. [/b][/quote]

Well, Grote..I'd say yes, except I quit eating fried foods months ago and meat about 3 weeks ago. So..veggie power, baby.

Comment

Grote, you can be pretty cool on this board sometimes, but i swear sometimes you act like a complete dick. Enjoy your night.

Comment

QUOTE(Neutered Cat @ Oct 16 2005, 11:31 PM) Quoted post
            Grote, you can be pretty cool on this board sometimes, but i swear sometimes you act like a complete dick. Enjoy your night.

[/b][/quote]

Not to worry, NC. A win tomorrow changes the complexion of the game. It will not be easy for the Asstros to win at Busch.

Comment

QUOTE(Neutered Cat @ Oct 17 2005, 12:31 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
              Christ, people are fucking uptight on this board tonight. It was a joke. A parody. How many times have we seen something like this on the Lounge?

Comment

[/b][/quote]

Thanks, man. I think that was a compliment, right? I mean not a half a dick, but a complete one.

You, too! Good luck getting to sleep.

Comment

QUOTE(GloveSaveandaBeauty @ Oct 17 2005, 12:33 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                  Christ, people are fucking uptight on this board tonight. It was a joke. A parody. How many times have we seen something like this on the Lounge? [/b][/quote]
                  Nice fundamentals. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

If it's any concellation...I've always thought of Grote as a complete dick.

There is nothing half-assed about him.

J/K...

Comment

QUOTE(Indu WangZi @ Oct 17 2005, 12:35 AM) Quoted post

J/K... [/b][/quote]

I am the entire dick package. Pubes and foreskin with optional ring. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE(pgrote @ Oct 16 2005, 11:36 PM) Quoted post
                        QUOTE(Indu WangZi @ Oct 17 2005, 12:35 AM) Quoted post

J/K... [/b][/quote]

I am the entire dick package. Pubes and foreskin with optional ring. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
                        [/b][/quote]

I had you pegged as an ant-eater. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

lol wrong guy.

Comment

Working...
                          X