Edmonds: Umpire cursed at ME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edmonds: Umpire cursed at ME

According to Jim, after he questioned the called strike on the up in in pitch, Cuzzi said "Don't you fucking come back here questioning me."

Not sure who to believe. Maybe Cuzzi still had his Hanes Her Way in a bunch after also arguing balls/strikes with TLR, and was sick and tired of being sick and tired. Or maybe Jimmy needed to let off some built up steam.

But two things immediately come to mind:

1) Jimmy's been around this game long enough to determine this and has to monitor what he says to avoid being ejected.

2) Cuzzi (and umps everywhere) absolutely must learn to separate themselves personally from the action (especially in games of this magnitude where emotions sometimes run high) and simply concentrate on being as invisible as possible and call the game.

A good ump is one you can't recall by name after the game is over.
    "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

QUOTE(slow groove @ Oct 17 2005, 12:11 AM) Quoted post

1) Jimmy's been in this game long enough to see that and has to monitor what he says to avoid being ejected.

2) Cuzzi (and umps everywhere) absolutely must learn to separate themselves personally from the action (especially in games of this magnitude where emotions sometimes run high) and simply concentrate on being as invisible as possible and calling the game.
    [/b][/quote]

++
    life begins in march, ends in october, and the resurrection occurs in a hot stove

\"IPB
    \"IPB

Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    Morgan Ensberg & Lance Berkman
    Dr. Pepper
    all things Calvin & Hobbes

Comment

QUOTE(slow groove @ Oct 16 2005, 11:11 PM) Quoted post
      According to Jim, after he questioned the called strike on the up in in pitch, Cuzzi said "Don't you fucking come back here questioning me."

Not sure who to believe. Maybe Cuzzi still had his Hanes in a bunch because of the TLR confrontation and was a ticking bomb reignited and ready to re-blow.

But two things immediately come to mind:

1) Jimmy's been in this game long enough to see that and has to monitor what he says to avoid being ejected.

2) Cuzzi (and umps everywhere) absolutely must learn to separate themselves personally from the action (especially in games of this magnitude where emotions sometimes run high) and simply concentrate on being as invisible as possible and calling the game. [/b][/quote]

++

And add that as soon as he started talking to the ump someone should have been flying out of the dugout to stop him from doing just what he did.
      Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Working...
      X