Astros v. White Sox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astros v. White Sox?

OK, the Astros v. the Angels? I could have ALMOST seen that. Newer organizations...Disneyland v. the gheyest ballpark in the game...thunderstix & white hankies...

But since the White Sox have clinched, the Cards must beat Houston.

Cardinals v. White Sox...2 storied franchises...old time heroes - Musial v. Shoeless Joe...the Busch family v. Bill Veeck's ghost..the inherent Cubs-lose-either-way factor...

To preserve the natural order of things, the Cardinals must beat the Astros.

Someone make a call to the "powers that be" (God? KBF? kaiser, perennial fan of the year?) and make this happen.
    Official sponsor of indifference towards basketball...hockey has grown on me.
    Official sponsor of Buster Posey...'nuff said.
    Official sponsor of James Laurinaitis
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live - too rare to die."

KBF doesn't believe.

Cue Mudville, Casey, etc. etc.
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

Where the hell is Pucks?

Comment

If the Cardinals lose, so be it.

All of our postseason bad luck will be wiped away with the demolition of Busch...

Maybe we need to start over. New ballpark, clean slate!

However, as a famous St. Louisan, Lawrence Peter Berra, frequently says, "It ain't over, till it's over!"

Comment

I wonder if there is anyone out there in the world that, before the season started, put money on Houston (if they win) vs ChiSox for the 2005 World Series?

If there is, they are in for a happy payday.
          “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

QUOTE(Razzy @ Oct 16 2005, 10:54 PM) Quoted post
            I wonder if there is anyone out there in the world that, before the season started, put money on Houston (if they win) vs ChiSox for the 2005 World Series?

[/b][/quote]

No one in their right mind would have put $$ on the Astros..especially after losing Beltran and Kent. But, they have played inspired ball..especially Lane, Burke and Tavares.

I dont think we get there this year..and the window of opportunity is closing shut. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE(Razzy @ Oct 16 2005, 10:54 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

The thought had crossed my mind, but I didn't do it.

Comment

No one in their right mind would have put $$ on the Astros..especially after losing Beltran and Kent.[/b][/quote]
                don't be so sure about that. quite a few astros fans i know didn't care much about beltran and even though kent was gone, they knew they had some good ballplayers left.

my brother almost did, and his friend from chicago almost did on the white sox. no matter what happens this wk and next, they'll both still be poor

Comment

I looked at the Astros lineup at the start of the year, when Berkman was still hurt from knee surgery, and thought, no way can they win shit with that lineup.

And at that point, I saw the Morgan Ensberg of last year, the one that hit 10 homers, and not the Morgan Ensberg that ended up going deep 36 times this year. And then Bagwell was struggling and finally went down for most of the season with his bum shoulder. Soon enough, they were 15-30 and given up for dead.

I didnt think Clemens and Pettitte could have the years that they did, although I knew that Oswalt and Lidge would be great. I also didnt see that their non-Lidge relievers were any great shakes, but I guess Qualls and Wheeler and those other guys ended up being pretty good.

Its amazing, if you think about it, how the Astros have come back from where they were in May.

But they still gotta win a game...
                  “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Working...
                  X