Meet the F*ckers, pt. deux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet the F*ckers, pt. deux

Today I was coaching my son's football team (we won 38-6) and I noticed a woman who appeared to be someone well-off and fairly cultured. What ruined it was the fact she was wearing that infamous t-shirt with Bush and Cheney on it that said "Meet the Fuckers." I don't care what your political affiliation is, I'm all for free speech, and I'm no prude, but I figure a football game being played by 12-year-olds isn't the place to make your vulgar political statement. I had intended, as a representative of the league, to say something, but after the game was over, I found out she was the grandmother to my cornerback, a kid who went from being terrified of his own shadow at the beginning of the season to a tackling machine who had just gotten first INT today. I didn't want to be the dick who ruined his day, especially since I'm the guy who's been working with him all season to make him a better player. 'Course, you can argue this shirt wasn't worse than the mother wearing the t-shirt with the pic of Bob Marley hitting a fat spliff and the writing on the back read, "The herb helps you to see the other side." Maybe I AM just a conservative prude, but is this REALLY the kind of stuff a normal person wears to a youth football game? And don't even get me started on the Jeff Co cracker mother who marched on the field after HER kid's game (it was the Raiders, so it seemed appropriate) screaming every curse word I've ever heard, including calling one of the opposing players and his dad a "worthless fucking nigger." God bless youth sports...
    The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

nice...I'm all for youth sports...but there's a line. She crossed it. WOW (not that I SHOULD be surprised)
    Feb. 08, 2005
    Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
    Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
    Originally posted by Airshark
    NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

QUOTE(skippy05 @ Oct 16 2005, 09:03 PM) Quoted post

Today I was coaching my son's football team (we won 38-6) and I noticed a woman who appeared to be someone well-off and fairly cultured. What ruined it was the fact she was wearing that infamous t-shirt with Bush and Cheney on it that said "Meet the Fuckers." I don't care what your political affiliation is, I'm all for free speech, and I'm no prude, but I figure a football game being played by 12-year-olds isn't the place to make your vulgar political statement. I had intended, as a representative of the league, to say something, but after the game was over, I found out she was the grandmother to my cornerback, a kid who went from being terrified of his own shadow at the beginning of the season to a tackling machine who had just gotten first INT today. I didn't want to be the dick who ruined his day, especially since I'm the guy who's been working with him all season to make him a better player. 'Course, you can argue this shirt wasn't worse than the mother wearing the t-shirt with the pic of Bob Marley hitting a fat spliff and the writing on the back read, "The herb helps you to see the other side." Maybe I AM just a conservative prude, but is this REALLY the kind of stuff a normal person wears to a youth football game? And don't even get me started on the Jeff Co cracker mother who marched on the field after HER kid's game (it was the Raiders, so it seemed appropriate) screaming every curse word I've ever heard, including calling one of the opposing players and his dad a "worthless fucking nigger." God bless youth sports...
      [/b][/quote]
      I see it the same way you do. It's pretty sad really. Your last story is utterly repulsive. I think it would have been hard for me not to beat the shit out of that Jeff Co cracker mom.

Here come the "It's just a shirt" posts now.............
      --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
      --Suck it cubbies.
      --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

The worst group of parents I've ever seen was up in Elsberry, MO back in the early 90's. We went to a ton of my bro-in-law's Legion games when he was that age and the biggest pieces of crap parents by far were up there. They cussed out the umps, the opposing team and anybody else that came within earshot. They were tremendous poor sports.

Comment

It's just a shirt.

Seriously. People who wear shirts like that are complete attention whores in the first place just looking for a chance to get into an argument with the first person that says something to them.

Daddy probably didn't read stories to them when they were toddlers so this is how they end up.

Comment

QUOTE("F @ Oct 16 2005, 09:19 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
            I see it the same way you do. It's pretty sad really. Your last story is utterly repulsive. I think it would have been hard for me not to beat the shit out of that Jeff Co cracker mom.

[/b][/quote]

The Raider mom was that typical trailer trash woman who's pretty sure no one will punch her because she's a woman, but just to be sure, makes sure no one's around or everyone's being held back when she shoots off her mouth. You can tell the entire team has been coached poorly because their response to losing and the "obvious" poor reffing was to take their equipment off and throw it out onto the field. They weren't real pleased with me when I pointed out, "Uh, either you need to go out there and pick it up, or you have just donated equipment to our team."

Comment

QUOTE(Damon @ Oct 16 2005, 09:19 PM) Quoted post

The worst group of parents I've ever seen was up in Elsberry, MO back in the early 90's. We went to a ton of my bro-in-law's Legion games when he was that age and the biggest pieces of crap parents by far were up there. They cussed out the umps, the opposing team and anybody else that came within earshot. They were tremendous poor sports.
              [/b][/quote]
              I played in the "Elsberry Tourney" every 4th of July for three straight summers ('94, '95, and '96). We won it my last year of legion baseball (on a walk-off homer I might add).

I do agree though, some of the parents I saw there were the worst of the worst.
              --Suck it cubbies.

Comment

QUOTE("F @ Oct 16 2005, 11:23 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                I played in the "Elsberry Tourney" every 4th of July for three straight summers ('94, '95, and '96). We won it my last year of legion baseball (on a walk-off homer I might add).

[/b][/quote]
                Were the outfield light poles still in the field of play inside the fence when you played?

Comment

QUOTE(skippy05 @ Oct 16 2005, 09:23 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE("F @ Oct 16 2005, 09:19 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

The Raider mom was that typical trailer trash woman who's pretty sure no one will punch her because she's a woman, but just to be sure, makes sure no one's around or everyone's being held back when she shoots off her mouth. You can tell the entire team has been coached poorly because their response to losing and the "obvious" poor reffing was to take their equipment off and throw it out onto the field. They weren't real pleased with me when I pointed out, "Uh, either you need to go out there and pick it up, or you have just donated equipment to our team."
                  [/b][/quote]
                  [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

That Raider mom is one woman I'd love to punch. I wish she were at my house right now so I could take some of my NLCS anger out on her. She'd be the perfect person. Guy or gal.
                  --Suck it cubbies.

Comment

QUOTE(Damon @ Oct 16 2005, 09:21 PM) Quoted post

It's just a shirt.

Seriously. People who wear shirts like that are complete attention whores in the first place just looking for a chance to get into an argument with the first person that says something to them.

Daddy probably didn't read stories to them when they were toddlers so this is how they end up.
                    [/b][/quote]

But the amazing thing about the woman wearing the "Meet the Fuckers" shirt was that she has money, appears to be cultured, and from what I was told about her, she's actually somewhat nice. I can understand the mullet-wearing bufoons who don't even follow politics wearing something like that or a twenty-something, over-priveleged Wash. U. grad, but I was really surprised that a woman attending her grandson's football game would wear it. I guess money doesn't buy class...

Comment

QUOTE(Damon @ Oct 16 2005, 09:24 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE("F @ Oct 16 2005, 11:23 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                      Were the outfield light poles still in the field of play inside the fence when you played?
                      [/b][/quote]
                      I don't think so, but I could be wrong (I played SS, so I didn't pay much attention). But I do remember the trailor park beyond the left field fence (and down the hill) and the huge hill out of play behind first base. The dugouts were very short too. I hit my head several times on the roof, and I'm only 5'9"..... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
                      --Suck it cubbies.

Comment

Here's the thing I don't get about this whole "Meet the F*CKERS" tee-shirt phenomenon. And please don't think this is some cheap way to get Clinton into the argument because I'm not a supporter of either of our political parties. However, I don't remember such genuine outrage with all of the Monica sucks off Bill Clinton tee-shirts that were popular during his presidency. Can somebody please explain the difference?
                        *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

QUOTE(dhaab @ Oct 16 2005, 09:34 PM) Quoted post

Here's the thing I don't get about this whole "Meet the F*CKERS" tee-shirt phenomenon. And please don't think this is some cheap way to get Clinton into the argument because I'm not a supporter of either of our political parties. However, I don't remember such genuine outrage with all of the Monica sucks off Bill Clinton tee-shirts that were popular during his presidency. Can somebody please explain the difference?
                          [/b][/quote]

Could it be because liberals only believe in freedom of speech when they're the ones speaking? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE(skippy05 @ Oct 16 2005, 09:40 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(dhaab @ Oct 16 2005, 09:34 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Could it be because liberals only believe in freedom of speech when they're the ones speaking? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif[/img]
                            [/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif[/img]
                            *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

Anyone who wears a shirt with the F word on it to a youth sporting event, hell, anywhere, is a hoosier - plain and simple.
                              Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Working...
                              X