Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beerismypal
    replied
    1 question, if I would have told you that after 4 games our pitching would have only given up 10 runs total, with the rotation being carp, mulder, morris, supan....I will guarentee that you would have thought we would have been up 3-1 or the series would be over.

There is no reason to question the pitching in this series....none. Question the offensive production, question the baserunning, question the freak injuries that have happened, question why Marquis was bunting last night with a .310 average, but don't question the pitching. The pitching has been just fine.

Leave a comment:

• billiken_roy
    replied
    QUOTE(Damtoft @ Oct 16 2005, 10:13 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Indu WangZi @ Oct 16 2005, 10:08 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Damtoft @ Oct 16 2005, 09:06 PM) Quoted post
    Of course Suppan should have pitched Game #3. [/b][/quote]

Then, I assume you have Marquis pitch Game #4 and Morris is left out. But, he did pitch well enough yesterday to keep us in the game had the Cardinals been able to do anything defensively.

The veterans are really showing their age this NLCS.

And..Suppan needs to have his option picked up. The guy is a gamer..plain and simple.
    [/b][/quote]

I felt he should have pitched Game #3 b/c you really want to get the momentum back. The first hitter of an inning, the first pitch to each hitter, the first game in the different ballpark.

I think we'd have won #3 with Suppan pitching.

Nate - kiss my ass.
    [/b][/quote]

i have to wonder if the cardinals have subpar scouting. last year in the red sox series, it was amazing that the red sox seemed to do everything right and the cardinals were always a step behind. now in this series it seems again as though the astros are out foxing the cardinals and making all the right moves. i can just see larussa saying we are going to keep doing everything that got us here. unfortunately the whole baseball world knows what got them there and the astros are reacting accordingly. make some different pitches, try some different defensive schemes, look for different pitches to hit (have the cardinals hit one ball into that short left field area yet? the astros hit all their homers there.)

Leave a comment:

• Damtoft
    replied
    QUOTE(Indu WangZi @ Oct 16 2005, 10:08 PM) Quoted post

Then, I assume you have Marquis pitch Game #4 and Morris is left out. But, he did pitch well enough yesterday to keep us in the game had the Cardinals been able to do anything defensively.

And..Suppan needs to have his option picked up. The guy is a gamer..plain and simple.
    [/b][/quote]

I felt he should have pitched Game #3 b/c you really want to get the momentum back. The first hitter of an inning, the first pitch to each hitter, the first game in the different ballpark.

I think we'd have won #3 with Suppan pitching.

Nate - kiss my ass.

Leave a comment:

• madyaks
    replied
    Why it wasn't Carp, Mulder, Suppan and Marquis I'll never understand.
    But Tony decided not to go with his best pitchers in order for some reason.

I just take Marquis over Morris because of his dominant September.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Sheen
    replied
    QUOTE(Indu WangZi @ Oct 16 2005, 09:08 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I'm sure Damtoft has some genius plan to avoid using both Morris and Marquis.

Leave a comment:

• Indu WangZi
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Damtoft
    replied
    Of course Suppan should have pitched Game #3.

Leave a comment:

• lazydaze
    replied
    Dingaling king...

Jason Marquis, 4ip,3h,3bb,3so,1r,0earned.

In the mean time,

12-66, 7bb, 14so, and 28lob.

Yet him and Morris are to blame for being down 3-1

Leave a comment:

• King
    replied
    In the three games since Carpenter's start in Game 1, the starters have given up 5 earned runs in 18.1 innings.

How many here would have taken that and expected to at least be up 3-1, or even have swept?

Incredible.

Leave a comment:

• ElviswasaBluesFan
    replied
    No. Morris should have pitched Game 2 at home and Mulder Game 3. Suppan pitched Game 4 as he should have.

Leave a comment:

• lazydaze
    replied
    QUOTE(WinstonSmith @ Oct 16 2005, 07:11 PM) Quoted post
    Would Suppan have hit better in game three than in game four?

Maybe he would have hit a HR. [/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• WinstonSmith
    replied
    Would Suppan have hit better in game three than in game four?

Maybe he would have hit a HR.

Leave a comment:

• Indu WangZi
    replied
    QUOTE(Fred Garvin @ Oct 16 2005, 08:04 PM) Quoted post
    When your 4-5-6 hitters bat a combined .143 (6/42) [/b][/quote]

++++

Pitchers have all pitched (save Tavarez) well enough for us to win..especially Mulder and Suppan. However, it's been the offense that let us down again this year much as they let us down last year in the WS.

Edmonds is batting so poorly, they put him in the 2 hole. That is just a farce..and tells you how poorly he has swung the bat all season and in the NLCS. He's hot and cold..but, this year he's been mostly cold. Walker..easy out. Sanders..has been great, but after his collision and concussion..I fear he's cold.

4-5-6 batting .143...sorry, folks, but we dont deserve to win with those stats.

Even worse..what's our batting average with RISP? 2-22? Just fucking awful.

Leave a comment:

• "F"_the_Cubs
    replied
    QUOTE(Fred Garvin @ Oct 16 2005, 09:04 PM) Quoted post

When your 4-5-6 hitters bat a combined .143 (6/42), you better have some Walter Johnsons on your staff if you want to advance.
    [/b][/quote]
    Wow. That is putrid. .143!!! Damn. Fred and "F" could hit .143............or close to it. .000 isn't too far from .143. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Fred Garvin
    replied
    When your 4-5-6 hitters bat a combined .143 (6/42), you better have some Walter Johnsons on your staff if you want to advance.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X