Should Suppan have pitched game 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Suppan have pitched game 3?

Suppan has been pitching great down the stretch and pitched great today. While, Matty didnt pitch great..he was adequate yesterday. However, if we would have held them to 2 runs yesterday we get the W.

Anyone think Tony screwed up by pitching Morris in Game 3 and not Suppan?

I do...

I think Suppan/Backe was the matchup we wanted. Why Brandon Backe turns into a world-beater when he pitches against St. Louis, I don't know.
    Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

QUOTE(kah @ Oct 16 2005, 07:33 PM) Quoted post
      I think Suppan/Backe was the matchup we wanted. Why Brandon Backe turns into a world-beater when he pitches against St. Louis, I don't know. [/b][/quote]

Simply..he's a pretty good pitcher. Not a 2 hit kind of pitcher, but he's a pretty good pitcher none the less. However, Suppan was up to the challenge..as he always seems to be in October.

Comment

QUOTE(kah @ Oct 16 2005, 08:33 PM) Quoted post

I think Suppan/Backe was the matchup we wanted. Why Brandon Backe turns into a world-beater when he pitches against St. Louis, I don't know.
        [/b][/quote]
        Sometimes another simply has your number. Happens in boxing, track/field, tennis, you name it.

Personally, I would've started Marquis/Suppan in place of Morris, and pitched which ever one didn't start that game tonight.

But TLR is organizationally married to Morris and would never do that.
        "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

I think every starter has given us the chance to win in this series.

Comment

Call me crazy (and I'm sure some will [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] ), but Backe didn't impress me in the least tonight. Clemens didn't impress me yesterday.

I understand tipping your hat to good pitching performances (as I did when Oswalt shut us down), but Backe didn't look that good. He looked average, and we made him look better than that. 3 hits?? He wasn't that good.
            --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
            --Suck it cubbies.
            --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

QUOTE("F @ Oct 16 2005, 08:42 PM) Quoted post

Call me crazy (and I'm sure some will [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] ), but Backe didn't impress me in the least tonight. Clemens didn't impress me yesterday.

I understand tipping your hat to good pitching performances (as I did when Oswalt shut us down), but Backe didn't look that good. He looked average, and we made him look better than that. 3 hits?? He wasn't that good.
              [/b][/quote]
              You're right. Our (starting) pitchers have stepped up, our offense hasn't been able to cash it in.
              The noise was good, but I thought they phoned in a lot of the funk.

Co-Sponsor of Yadi Molina, possessor of the best waxed eyebrows in the league.

Sponsor of steveInebriated and fetcher of cold beer.

Comment

QUOTE(Indu WangZi @ Oct 16 2005, 06:35 PM) Quoted post
                QUOTE(kah @ Oct 16 2005, 07:33 PM) Quoted post
                I think Suppan/Backe was the matchup we wanted. Why Brandon Backe turns into a world-beater when he pitches against St. Louis, I don't know. [/b][/quote]

Simply..he's a pretty good pitcher. Not a 2 hit kind of pitcher, but he's a pretty good pitcher none the less. However, Suppan was up to the challenge..as he always seems to be in October.

[/b][/quote]

he is a 5 run a game guy that gets hit at abuot a .270 clip. He is a journeyman starter at best.
                Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

QUOTE(lazydaze @ Oct 16 2005, 06:46 PM) Quoted post

he is a 5 run a game guy that gets hit at abuot a .270 clip. He is a journeyman starter at best.
                  [/b][/quote]

Yup.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/stats/player...erLocator=backe

Mediocre.
                  Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

QUOTE(kah @ Oct 16 2005, 08:48 PM) Quoted post
                    Mediocre.[/b][/quote]
                    Which why this loss (and what now appears an almost certain elimination) cannot be blamed on the manager.

In yet another post-season, the Cardinals have inexplicably stopped hitting and playing good baseball.

Comment

QUOTE(King @ Oct 16 2005, 07:58 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(kah @ Oct 16 2005, 08:48 PM) Quoted post
                      Mediocre.[/b][/quote]
                      Which why this loss (and what now appears an almost certain elimination) cannot be blamed on the manager.

In yet another post-season, the Cardinals have inexplicably stopped hitting and playing good baseball.
                      [/b][/quote]

++.

All the matchups Tony set up have worked out decently, the players just haven't gotten the job done.
                      You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

When your 4-5-6 hitters bat a combined .143 (6/42), you better have some Walter Johnsons on your staff if you want to advance.
                        But wait. There is something that can be done afterall. My good friend Angelo is a cop in the Tampa/Clearwater area. Since I kept all of the files from the access logs when I had the power to see them, guess what, I have everyone's IP addresses. Hmm..what can I do w/ those??

Comment

QUOTE(Fred Garvin @ Oct 16 2005, 09:04 PM) Quoted post

When your 4-5-6 hitters bat a combined .143 (6/42), you better have some Walter Johnsons on your staff if you want to advance.
                          [/b][/quote]
                          Wow. That is putrid. .143!!! Damn. Fred and "F" could hit .143............or close to it. .000 isn't too far from .143. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
                          --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
                          --Suck it cubbies.
                          --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

QUOTE(Fred Garvin @ Oct 16 2005, 08:04 PM) Quoted post
                            When your 4-5-6 hitters bat a combined .143 (6/42) [/b][/quote]

++++

Pitchers have all pitched (save Tavarez) well enough for us to win..especially Mulder and Suppan. However, it's been the offense that let us down again this year much as they let us down last year in the WS.

Edmonds is batting so poorly, they put him in the 2 hole. That is just a farce..and tells you how poorly he has swung the bat all season and in the NLCS. He's hot and cold..but, this year he's been mostly cold. Walker..easy out. Sanders..has been great, but after his collision and concussion..I fear he's cold.

4-5-6 batting .143...sorry, folks, but we dont deserve to win with those stats.

Even worse..what's our batting average with RISP? 2-22? Just fucking awful.

Comment

Would Suppan have hit better in game three than in game four?

Maybe he would have hit a HR.
                              When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Working...
                              X