In defense of Albert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In defense of Albert

I didn't think it was that bad a play trying to score on Reggie's hit. It was a mostly soft grounder. Third baseman made a great throw and Albert wasn't out by that much. It's an instinct play -- and I think I want my player trying to score. It's different had he hit a bullet.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    --Albert Einstein

He was out by a lot.
    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

He was out by a lot, and I haven't seen a replay yet, but it almost looked like he was so far off the bag when the ball was hit that he had to try and score. It appeared that he was kind of caught in no man's land. He should have dropped a shoulder and knocked Ausmus into next week, however.

Comment

Having barely been able to watch live, I'm not coming from a position of real knowledge here. That said, I think it would have been nice if Albert had laid the fucker out.
        The noise was good, but I thought they phoned in a lot of the funk.

Co-Sponsor of Yadi Molina, possessor of the best waxed eyebrows in the league.

Sponsor of steveInebriated and fetcher of cold beer.

Comment

There is no defending that play, KBF. A weak hit to the 3rd baseman..while Albert broke as soon as it hit the bat, it was a bad decision. I understand why he did it..runs are at a premium, but there were no outs..none. And, that, IMO, is what is really painful.

Although..Reggies terrible AB is a close second.

Comment

You can't run over the catcher if he isn't in the base line.

I still say Albert doesn't run if he had any faith in our ability at the plate.

"Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

My take is this...............

There are two scenarios that explain Pooh's thinking:

1.) Pooh thought if he didn't try to score a double play was possible. He went thinking he was preventing a double play.

2.) Pooh was caught in no man's land b/c of a big secondary lead. He knew he was fucked either way and forced a throw home.

3.) It really didn't matter at all b/c Walker took 3rd on a very heads up play.
              --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
              --Suck it cubbies.
              --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

OK, I'm beginning to think he was out by more than I thought he was. It still didn't bother me that he tried to score on that. But I could be wrong about that, too. I used to think we were better than Houston. Silly me.
                "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                --Albert Einstein

Comment

QUOTE(Indu WangZi @ Oct 16 2005, 08:16 PM) Quoted post

There is no defending that play, KBF. A weak hit to the 3rd baseman..while Albert broke as soon as it hit the bat, it was a bad decision. I understand why he did it..runs are at a premium, but there were no outs..none. And, that, IMO, is what is really painful.

Although..Reggies terrible AB is a close second.
                  [/b][/quote]

If it makes you feel any better, the Cards would have had a runner on 3rd with one out if Albert stays put.

Wait, that's how it ended up anyway.

Bad decsion, but I don't think it cost the game.
                  LONG LIVE THE NOTE!

Comment

QUOTE(phantom @ Oct 16 2005, 08:18 PM) Quoted post

I still say Albert doesn't run if he had any faith in our ability at the plate.

[/b][/quote]

Out by 8 feet.
                    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Jesus, I'm blind. I retract the statement, your honor.
                      --Albert Einstein

Comment

QUOTE(kennyboyerfan @ Oct 16 2005, 07:22 PM) Quoted post
                        Jesus, I'm blind. I retract the statement, your honor. [/b][/quote]

Yeah, KBF..it wasnt even close. I tivoed that sum of bitch and watched it 10 times after the game was over..he was out by 6-8 feet..easily. Hence, why I put a lot of the blame on Albert.

And..about not having confidence. If you dont have confidence in your team mates when it's 1st and 3rd and no one out...then we're really fucked, arent we? I dont buy that he didnt have confidence..if that is the case..that is even more damning than the horrible play.

Comment

QUOTE(Indu WangZi @ Oct 16 2005, 08:26 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(kennyboyerfan @ Oct 16 2005, 07:22 PM) Quoted post
                          Jesus, I'm blind. I retract the statement, your honor. [/b][/quote]

Yeah, KBF..it wasnt even close. I tivoed that sum of bitch and watched it 10 times after the game was over..he was out by 6-8 feet..easily. Hence, why I put a lot of the blame on Albert.

And..about not having confidence. If you dont have confidence in your team mates when it's 1st and 3rd and no one out...then we're really fucked, arent we? I dont buy that he didnt have confidence..if that is the case..that is even more damning than the horrible play.
                          [/b][/quote]
                          But regardless, the play didn't matter.

Walker did end up at 3rd, so we were in the same situation regardless of what Pujols decided to do.

FUCK MARQUIS!!

I can't blame Pooh for sheet.
                          --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
                          --Suck it cubbies.
                          --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

[/b][/quote]

He was close enough to give it a shot. Even if the guy holds onto the ball then both runners advance eliminating the 4-6-3 that followed.
                            "You're my wife Margene, you can't be seeing the girl I'm dating." - Big Love

Comment

QUOTE(Shoot_it_Al @ Oct 16 2005, 07:33 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

He was close enough to give it a shot. Even if the guy holds onto the ball then both runners advance eliminating the 4-6-3 that followed.
                              [/b][/quote]

Albert should have run him over just because it would make him feel better.
                              --Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X