I know no one cares...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know no one cares...

These threads tend to be on the verge of kicking the team while they are down and only further drag out the negativity and disappointment...but I've been thinking about this for a while now:

Marquis.

You can't field a bunt.
    You can't get a bunt down.

Over my times watching my favorite teamss, I've said I can't wait until alot of players were done as Blues, Cards, Rams, Buckeyes...but I really hope I never see Marquis do anything else in a Cardinal uniform.

LaRussa and Duncan have had trouble coaching him in the past.

He opened his mouth earlier in the week.

He got his chance to earn his keep today, in game 4 of the NLCS, a spot where the team really needed him to throw aside all the BS and excuses and go out and do what needed to be done. He wasn't asked to hit a HR or throw a no hitter, he was asked to field a bunt and get a bunt down. He did neither. It's never pretty when a player earns the label of being an unclutch, numbers only, me first player...in fact it's really depressing to watch (even when he isn't on your favorite team, or it isn't game 4 of the NLCS). But the fact is, you always know who these guys are, because they talk a good game and they walk around like their shit don't stink...as soon as they get the chance they've been asking for, but haven't earned...they look like a deer in headlights.
    You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Yeah. I'm pissed at that New York cocksucker also.
    But wait. There is something that can be done afterall. My good friend Angelo is a cop in the Tampa/Clearwater area. Since I kept all of the files from the access logs when I had the power to see them, guess what, I have everyone's IP addresses. Hmm..what can I do w/ those??

Comment

maybe thetorch has a point.

Comment

Nate. Good post.
        When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

QUOTE(Nasty Nate @ Oct 16 2005, 08:03 PM) Quoted post

These threads tend to be on the verge of kicking the team while they are down and only further drag out the negativity and disappointment...but I've been thinking about this for a while now:

Marquis.

You can't field a bunt.
          You can't get a bunt down.

Over my times watching my favorite teamss, I've said I can't wait until alot of players were done as Blues, Cards, Rams, Buckeyes...but I really hope I never see Marquis do anything else in a Cardinal uniform.

LaRussa and Duncan have had trouble coaching him in the past.

He opened his mouth earlier in the week.

He got his chance to earn his keep today, in game 4 of the NLCS, a spot where the team really needed him to throw aside all the BS and excuses and go out and do what needed to be done. He wasn't asked to hit a HR or throw a no hitter, he was asked to field a bunt and get a bunt down. He did neither. It's never pretty when a player earns the label of being an unclutch, numbers only, me first player...in fact it's really depressing to watch (even when he isn't on your favorite team, or it isn't game 4 of the NLCS). But the fact is, you always know who these guys are, because they talk a good game and they walk around like their shit don't stink...as soon as they get the chance they've been asking for, but haven't earned...they look like a deer in headlights.
          [/b][/quote]

++++

This is what I was trying to say in the GDT when I said pin the loss squarely on Marquis. I know a lot of other things contributed, but Marquis opened up his mouth, and then he dropped the ball - literally and figuratively. That's what had me pissed off.
          Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Marquis punched his ticket out of St. Louis with him running his mouth earlier in the week and his gaffes tonight.

The bunt was pathetic...he was running for 1st and not squaring completely for the bunt..and then taking his eye off the bunt.

Oh..and let's not forget..walking the lead-off batter that inning. The minute that happened..I knew that was going to cost us the game.

Marquis..is equally to blame (as is Pujols and Edmonds)

Comment

QUOTE(Indu WangZi @ Oct 16 2005, 09:24 PM) Quoted post

(as is Pujols and Edmonds)
              [/b][/quote]
              As are Pujols and Edmonds.
              If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

QUOTE(Turd Ferguson @ Oct 16 2005, 08:29 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                As are Pujols and Edmonds. [/b][/quote]

++

I see those 5 page papers you've been writing at Lindewood have made you a grammer expert.

Comment

QUOTE(Indu WangZi @ Oct 16 2005, 09:31 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

++

I see those 5 page papers you've been writing at Lindewood have made you a grammer expert.
                  [/b][/quote]
                  Absolootly.

Comment

I would agree, if they weren't going to let Morris walk, which I'm pretty sure they are. Reyes can take Mo's spot, but that still leaves them one pitcher short. And with the need to find a right fielder and possibly a second baseman...
                    Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

[/b][/quote]

++

[/b][/quote]

grammar

just sayin'

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
                      Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

QUOTE(ElviswasaBluesFan @ Oct 16 2005, 08:32 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

++

[/b][/quote]

grammar

just sayin'

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] [/b][/quote]

intentional...just sayin'

Comment

[/b][/quote]

++

[/b][/quote]

Grammar.

Comment

QUOTE(ElviswasaBluesFan @ Oct 16 2005, 09:32 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

++

[/b][/quote]

grammar

just sayin'

[/b][/quote]
                            Lindenwood.

Comment

QUOTE(Turd Ferguson @ Oct 16 2005, 08:36 PM) Quoted post
                              QUOTE(ElviswasaBluesFan @ Oct 16 2005, 09:32 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

++

[/b][/quote]

grammar

just sayin'

[/b][/quote]
                              Lindenwood. [/b][/quote]

what type of wood is Linden? Is it French-Canadian?

Comment

Working...
                              X