Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazy, Where Did Cards Quit?

You said you thought they had quit.

I'm not aruging at all, I just haven't seen it.
    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

They quit playing the type of baseball that got them to the postseason after Game 1 of this series.

Comment

I'd say Oswalt stopped it in the 2nd game.
      When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Quit might be the wrong word. Lets say quit playing like the team we saw all year. Again.

Oswalt shut them down in #2, and that was lights out from there...
        Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

And another thing... again I"m not aruging, I'm searching for answers like everyone else... How do we know Backe wasn't just very, very good today?

How do we know the Cardinals coudln't hit? The guy throwing the ball has something to say in the matter too.

Comment

QUOTE(WinstonSmith @ Oct 16 2005, 08:05 PM) Quoted post
            And another thing... again I"m not aruging, I'm searching for answers like everyone else... How do we know Backe wasn't just very, very good today?

How do we know the Cardinals coudln't hit? The guy throwing the ball has something to say in the matter too. [/b][/quote]

We don't win 100 games by just smacking around #4 and #5 pitchers.

Comment

Sure Wiston...whatever.

Look, The Astros are playing better than us, no doubt. I said that in #2, and have no problem carrying it on through 3 and 4.

But this ain't the cardinal team I saw all year. No one is on base., not via the walk, not via the hit. Our defense is questionable, our baserunning suspect. The Manager again seems preoccupied by the buffet.
              Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

We do this pretty much every year in the playoffs.

I really don't get it.

Comment

QUOTE(WinstonSmith @ Oct 16 2005, 08:05 PM) Quoted post

How do we know the Cardinals coudln't hit? The guy throwing the ball has something to say in the matter too.
                  [/b][/quote]

Well, there are a number of guys in the lineup (Walker, Edmonds, Grudz) who have done next to jack this whole post season. I really doubt that all of the San Diego pitchers were lights out too.
                  "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

One thing we are missing is 'youthful exuberance'. What I mean by that is that sometimes a club can be too much veteran laden - too predictable, to calculated. For this reason, I wonder why TLR has not tried to give John Rodriquez or even John Gall a start in one of these games. Maybe one of these guys, with nothing to lose, may give us the spark to get back on track.

Either through necessity or strategy, Houston has guys like Tavares, Burke, Lane, etc. in the lineup. These guys haven't been through this before, and while experience is generally a good thing, so too is gigantic amts of adrenaline and simply not knowing.

Even though Walker finally did something tonight, he has been downright terrible. When Sanders sat yesterday I figured it would be an ideal time to get one of the newer guys into the lineup. So is a solid player, but I wouldn't exactly put him as an offensive catalyst; especially in the 2 hole.

We finally start hitting Lidge, and we can't win. Sucks.

I'm not too woried about the Asstrokes if even they prevail against us. Looks like the other Sox have the WS mojo this year. They are playing their younger guys.
                    'Ah, to be a bird. To fly the skies, sing your song, and best of all, occassionally pluck someone's eyes out.' - George Carlin.

Comment

I'd be shocked if TLR gave J-Rod or Gall a start, especially in an elimination game.
                      Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

I cant even begin to explain how disappointed I am in this team. We win 100, then sweep the Padres of all people. Do we think its gonna be a cake walk after that? AS if! The players I love are not doing their job, and I'm very unhappy about it.

Did I just say every thing every fan is thinking? At least the ones that watched every game as I did.

Comment

Working...
                        X