Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pujols: No comment

Pujols: no comment

First baseman Albert Pujols continues to have little to say about the Cardinals' postseason. Since addressing media after the Cardinals' Game 1 win over the Astros, Pujols has refused comment. He also has described workout days as "days off," leaving teammates to handle the media crush. The stance is a continuation of last season, when Pujols boycotted media sessions after losses, apparently with the team's endorsement.

After Saturday's 4-3 loss, Pujols' only comments were to order media from the center of a deserted clubhouse and to reprimand English-speaking reporters asking questions of third baseman Hector Luna.

"Media, get in a corner," Pujols barked. "Get in one of the corners so we can all walk through."

Pujols then scolded English-speaking reporters for following up Spanish-speaking media questions. Luna is not comfortable answering questions in English but handled the queries without further incident.
    Read more aboot'it[/b][/quote]

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

I am fine with that.
    Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

After getting on base, pgrote claimed he heard Pujols on the TV broadcast say, "You better not fuck this up Jimmy."

Well, Albert, big man, you've got large enough shoulders.
      The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

QUOTE(lasvegasreb @ Oct 16 2005, 01:26 AM) Quoted post

After getting on base, pgrote claimed he heard Pujols on the TV broadcast say, "You better not fuck this up Jimmy."

Well, Albert, big man, you've got large enough shoulders.
        [/b][/quote]
        he does, too. but it's hard for him. he wants to be the best without being the best. Let's all look good.

so good. all of them are so good.

Comment

so, everyone but pujols has to talk to the media?

Comment

I couldn't care less what Pujols has to say to the question askers.

Comment

Maybe he figures if he starts acting like Barry he'll finally get his MVP award.
              "You're my wife Margene, you can't be seeing the girl I'm dating." - Big Love

Comment

so true.

take a page out of God's book. how did he do it?

Comment

Ugh. That's a shame.
                  Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

I don't see the problem. He can talk to or not talk to whomever he wants. I mean, what do they want him to say? He's just taking the old "if you don't have something good to say, don't say anything at all" approach. Nothing wrong with that if you ask me.

Comment

QUOTE(Easy Ed @ Oct 16 2005, 07:01 AM) Quoted post

I don't see the problem. He can talk to or not talk to whomever he wants. I mean, what do they want him to say? He's just taking the old "if you don't have something good to say, don't say anything at all" approach. Nothing wrong with that if you ask me.
                      [/b][/quote]

I agree 100%. I can't understand why so many people get upset when a player doesn't want to talk with reporters. As long as the guy is performing on the field, court, or ice, I could not care less if he ever talks to a reporter.
                      Make America Great For Once.

Comment

QUOTE(Shoot_it_Al @ Oct 16 2005, 01:54 AM) Quoted post

Maybe he figures if he starts acting like Barry he'll finally get his MVP award.
                        [/b][/quote]

I don't think even Barry is that vocal, and he certainly wouldn't have given a fuck about Luna.

Albert was being a "Big Brother."

Did Albert really say that about Jimmy, or is that a joke? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Give Albert the "C."

Comment

[/b][/quote]

I expect him to answer the questions.

If the idiot Eddings has to do it, then Pujols, as the so-called leader of the Cardinals, can answer 15 minutes of questions.
                          From this day forward, I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death.

For more than 20 years I have endeavored-indeed, I have struggled-along with a majority of this Court, to develop procedural & substantive rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor.

I feel morally and intellectually obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed.

The path the Court has chosen lessens us all. I dissent.

Comment

QUOTE(ppg shg @ Oct 16 2005, 10:22 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I expect him to answer the questions.

If the idiot Eddings has to do it, then Pujols, as the so-called leader of the Cardinals, can answer 15 minutes of questions.
                            [/b][/quote]
                            Agreed. I'm a staunch supporter of my team, but this is an amateur-type move by Pujols. I understand he's upset, we all are. But professionalism extends from the field to the dugout to the streets. Do your job on the field and allow reporters (if they aren't being jerks) to do theirs inside the clubhouse.
                            "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

Seems to me, a lot of St. Louis athletes get too friendly with the media.

It gets awkward when production goes down. (Edmonds, Warner, Kline, etc.)
                              v

Comment

Working...
                              X