SIU-Carbondale football coach collapses on sideline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIU-Carbondale football coach collapses on sideline

Just got off the phone with a friend of mine who was at the game tonight in Carbondale.

Head coach Jerry Kill collapsed on the sideline with about a minute left in the game and was taken from the field in an ambulance. He collapsed around 9:40pm CT.

The two teams, SIU and Illinois State met at the 50 yard line, went to one knee and said a group prayer for Coach Kill.

A side note of the game, which doesn't mean anything now, Illinois State beat SIU 61-35.

Thoughts and prayers with Coach Kill and his family.

If I hear more, I'll post it.

The Voice of the Salukis, Mike Reis, is reported that Coach Kill suffered a seizure on the sideline tonight.

Coach Kill had stopped breathing but began shortly after the team physican got to him but was unconscious when he was taken away from The Mac by ambulance.

I'll keep ya updated.

Comment

QUOTE(voiceofchs @ Oct 15 2005, 07:48 PM) Quoted post

Just got off the phone with a friend of mine who was at the game tonight in Carbondale.

Head coach Jerry Kill collapsed on the sideline with about a minute left in the game and was taken from the field in an ambulance. He collapsed around 9:40pm CT.

The two teams, SIU and Illinois State met at the 50 yard line, went to one knee and said a group prayer for Coach Kill.

A side note of the game, which doesn't mean anything now, Illinois State beat SIU 61-35.

Thoughts and prayers with Coach Kill and his family.

If I hear more, I'll post it.
      [/b][/quote]

Holy shit.

My thoughts are with Mr. Kill and his family...
      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

Good grief. Please keep us informed.

Comment

From SIUSalukis.com

--------------------------

With 30 seconds remaining in the contest, Saluki head coach Jerry Kill had a seizure on the sidelines. The seizures are a medical condition that have surfaced several times during Kill's coaching career and do not seriously affect his health.

Players from both teams kneeled on the field and prayed for the Saluki coach as he was taken to a hospital for observation.

Kill is expected to be back on the sidelines next weekend at Indiana State.

Comment

Maybe he needs different medication.

God bless.

Comment

Working...
            X